ADVERTISEMENT

NEW HELMET

usinfantrycat85

Sophomore
Jul 6, 2015
kentuckys-new-football-helmets-are-beautiful
What does everyone think?

Try posting the URL to the image instead of inserting the image. That works for me.

I like it. One question I have is if they will start using the new logo on the helmets and all this coming season or not.

I like it. One question I have is if they will start using the new logo on the helmets and all this coming season or not.

Think I read somewhere on here they were going to slowly phase the new logo into the uniforms. Never saw a schedule or anything saying when what team will be getting it on the uniforms.

As far as I can tell, the new logo is only on the new field at Commonwealth and the floor at Memorial.

Think I read somewhere on here they were going to slowly phase the new logo into the uniforms. Never saw a schedule or anything saying when what team will be getting it on the uniforms.

As far as I can tell, the new logo is only on the new field at Commonwealth and the floor at Memorial.
I love it... Especially if it its the same results as a South Carolina game last year!!!!

Meh . . .bring back the Blue K otherwise it all seems pretty vanilla. They grey is ok if that is our new color but nothing beats the shiny silver helmets or black uniforms.

Meh . . .bring back the Blue K otherwise it all seems pretty vanilla. They grey is ok if that is our new color but nothing beats the shiny silver helmets or black uniforms.

I'm sort of like you. That helmet is OK but not anything special and looks like a lot of other schools out there doing the grey, black, etc. stuff. I'm OK with it but would prefer the Blue UK or Blue K.

That Hemet would look great with an all white uniform. I like anything that gives UK a way to look innovative to recruits!!

Love that helmet..love how we're now incorporating silver/chrome/gray into our uniforms...Oregon of the SEC..does nothing but help the program..we have so many great combo's it's hard to pick..look forward to seeing what we have lined up this year..have a feeling there are going to be some good-looking uniforms..these coaches seem like they save the best ones for the biggest games

I'm a bit of a traditionalist so while I hope UK doesn't fear innovation and change, I'm not really a fan of the Oregon model for the long-term. It's fine to experiment while a team is trying to establish an identity, but being a finesse team that uses outlandish uniforms to get headlines isn't really the goal IMO.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist so while I hope UK doesn't fear innovation and change, I'm not really a fan of the Oregon model for the long-term. It's fine to experiment while a team is trying to establish an identity, but being a finesse team that uses outlandish uniforms to get headlines isn't really the goal IMO.

I would agree that if we do get to a point where we have a football tradition where our brand is recognized nationally I'd like to see us cut down and become more traditional, but at this point we don't have a brand nationally and I think it's a smart move to stand out from the crowd with uniforms that always get a double take

Reactions: footballfanatic77
Our blue and the shade of grey we're incorporating look badass, imo. We look mean in grey.

Seems odd to cheer " Go Big Blue" when the team is clad in silver and grey. JMO.

Why is it odd? You have a UK player wearing a black jersey in your profile picture lol We're not cheering "Go big black" either, and black isn't exactly a school color but you seem to be just fine with it lol come on now..you know that's a good looking helmet..if 9 out of 10 people like something, I'd say it's a good look

Reactions: woodson991
I agree that the gray and white jersey and shirt with this new helmet will look both basic and flashy at the same time, and that is a pretty cool thing to pull off.

You know, I just don't like it. The problem is it reminds me too much of this A&M one. Late to the party but not as good.

Texas-AM-Helmet-e1412793661952.jpg

I want to see what can be done with a black chrome decal in blue trim. On a black helmet. Like the metallica album.

There's the white helmet, the blue helmet, and the chrome helmet ... rumors / postings of a black matte helmet ... this would make the 5th???

I would love to see us do a version of the throwback unis we wore against I think Western or Ohio some years back. That was an awesome uniform

ADVERTISEMENT