ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA TOURNAMENT THREAD ( SUNDAY)

The Sweet 16 is set. 3 of the 4 seeds advanced in each region.
The lower seeds to advance are:

#5 San Diego St in East
#6 Clemson in West
#11 NC State in South
#5 Gonzaga in MidWest

That Houston-Duke game scares me but I think all the number 1 seeds will be in the Elite Eight.

Just like CAL Sampson doesn’t foul up 3 late
Why the hell would you foul there? What you do is put all 5 of your defenders right at the pt line--you concede any 2 pt shot they want. There's 1.2 left. If they take quick 2, you have a 1 pt lead, the ball and are an inbounds pass away from having game locked up--with under 1 sec left. Or they can try to throw over 5 defenders with 4 shooters positioned and the inbounder doesn't have enough time to throw a pass and run behind line and receive a pass to get a shot off so he's not a factor at all.

That coaching blunder was amateur hour. Sampson is proving that the wait for great coaching is still on-with Hurley reaching that status but some of these guys aren't as great as hyped-just that rest of the profession is mediocre.

Situational basketball is far more important than most coaches think and to give up a MF'ing bounce pass to top of the key for a tying 3 is worthy of firing someone if they lost that game. That was as shitty of a coaching job as you'll see and yes I have watched Cal **** up more than a few games recently. What a dip$hit move from Sampson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT