ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Investigation of Ole Miss Football

I remember several kids doing what you say, I am not saying Threadwell wasn't one of them, I just don't remember the names of any of them so if you say he is I will go with it too. But they signed his best friend the year before so I think they were on him early too. They signed the kid from Georgia and I am not going to start trying to spell his name, but they also signed his brother the year before and his dad who was a PHD, maybe in medicine was also offered a job at OM. But a coach who has done nothing in college going to a school who had done anything in 50+ years signing the class they did raised a few eyebrows. But OM will accept almost anyone, ignore almost any indescretions they do while there, safe place to attend if you have question marks in your character.

Go ahead and say it, sounds like you are saying they are the UL of the deep south.

i cant understand this. UK gets caught doing what we did and we get bowl ban, loss of schollies, and all kinds of bs to deal with and 99% of it was giving tshirts and paying for hotels for parents. now, all these other places have straight up major violations. miami, okie state, cam newton, unc, usc... all these schools did worse and got off easier than us. be curious to see if the ncaa uses ole miss as a scapegoat to say "hey, we came down hard on the sec, see?". but they are so incompetent that i expect them to blow this.

remember when ole miss coach challenged anyone with proof of cheating to send info to the ncaa and the ncaa said they received over 100 infractions sent to them that week? yea, it kinda just came and went just like the kids at okie state.

Miami and USC didn't get off very easy, they are still trying to get their programs back together.

Miami and USC didn't get off very easy, they are still trying to get their programs back together.
that was bad coaching not sanctions. like keyshawn johnson said "they got 3 of the best qb's in the last 4 classes and 2 top 10 wr's in each class. would another top 10 qb or 2 more top 10 wr's help this offense?"

that was bad coaching not sanctions. like keyshawn johnson said "they got 3 of the best qb's in the last 4 classes and 2 top 10 wr's in each class. would another top 10 qb or 2 more top 10 wr's help this offense?"

That's ignoring a significant portion of events. I hate Lane Kiffin more than everyone here and I don't think Golden is a good coach at all, but it can't be denied that part of the reason those programs have been down for the last few years is because of sanctions and scholarship losses. The difficulty he faced due to sanctions is the only reason Golden hasn't been fired yet at Miami IMO.

The U is just waiting for hurtt to get eligible to recruit and they will be off and running again.

That's ignoring a significant portion of events. I hate Lane Kiffin more than everyone here and I don't think Golden is a good coach at all, but it can't be denied that part of the reason those programs have been down for the last few years is because of sanctions and scholarship losses. The difficulty he faced due to sanctions is the only reason Golden hasn't been fired yet at Miami IMO.

Miami has a LOT of Talent...especially last year with Perryman, Dorsett, Duke Johnson and Erick Flowers and still only won 6 Games...Al Golden is AWFUL!!

Go ahead and say it, sounds like you are saying they are the UL of the deep south.

I don't really see them as being much alike Jauk. OM built their program by offering extra incentives to recruits out of high school. I don't really see much wrong with offering a brother a ship if he might play on special teams if the other is a beast. But buying moms houses is a different story and things like that have come out about OM, of course there won't be a paper trail for that. Louisville on the other hand takes rejects and misfits who can't conform to rules at their first or second choices and are left with very few options if they still want to play. I am asurprised the kid we kicked off followed by Bama kicking him off again isn't there. I think the only reason is his eligibility would run out before he would be able to suit up. They did take the kid from one of the Texas schools, TCU I think, and he is a woman beater.

I don't really see them as being much alike Jauk. OM built their program by offering extra incentives to recruits out of high school. I don't really see much wrong with offering a brother a ship if he might play on special teams if the other is a beast. But buying moms houses is a different story and things like that have come out about OM, of course there won't be a paper trail for that. Louisville on the other hand takes rejects and misfits who can't conform to rules at their first or second choices and are left with very few options if they still want to play. I am asurprised the kid we kicked off followed by Bama kicking him off again isn't there. I think the only reason is his eligibility would run out before he would be able to suit up. They did take the kid from one of the Texas schools, TCU I think, and he is a woman beater.
There is a foul wind that blows across all of the SEC west and much of the stench emanates from Oxford, Mississippi. As far as UofL, Petrino has carte blanche from Jurich and Ramsey to take anyone that will help UofL win. Never really heard anything about Petrino cheating at recruiting, but Hurtt was a different story.

There is a foul wind that blows across all of the SEC west and much of the stench emanates from Oxford, Mississippi. As far as UofL, Petrino has carte blanche from Jurich and Ramsey to take anyone that will help UofL win. Never really heard anything about Petrino cheating at recruiting, but Hurtt was a different story.
Lane Kiffinns brother is on OM staff and he had the same show cause on him Hurry had. I think Tunsil was a bought, of course I don't know that, but OM made contact 2 weeks before signing day, he visit 1 time and cut off all contact with everyone, other players, coaches and media. Our staff went to visit and was turned away by a family member in OM Jersey and hat. Did they but him?

Let's just say, your understanding is incomplete.

Miami has a LOT of Talent...especially last year with Perryman, Dorsett, Duke Johnson and Erick Flowers and still only won 6 Games...Al Golden is AWFUL!!

Well I'm not arguing that Golden isn't awful. I was only arguing that he would have already been fired if it hadn't been for the sanctions they were dealing with.

ADVERTISEMENT