ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Finals Thread

LineSkiCat

Senior
Nov 28, 2011
Figured we would need this thread soon, and now that Thompson has been diagnosed with a concussion, might as well start it up a few days early.

No timetable on return for Thompson, still early in the concussion diagnosis, but it seems they didn't follow protocol/normal treatment for this. Apparently he was throwing up the whole ride home. Hard to say what the Finals look like for him.

Obviously want him to get better, but there is a part of me that likes seeing GSW have to go through their own injuries just like every other team in the playoffs, especially their opponent, Cleveland.

Depending on a Finals with or without Thompson... Who yah got?

Cavs in 7. Regardless of the perceived talent gap between the East and the West I just don't see how you can bet against Lebron in these playoffs. He has been amazing. Not to mention he will get back a much healthier Kyrie Irving. J.R Smith is also an X-Factor. If he is hitting those contested jumpers he could match or even offset Golden State's shooting advantage.

Golden State is tough though. Curry's shooting ability is unreal. The Warriors have a lot of interchangeable guys as well (Green, Igoudala and Barnes). All of those guys will probably defend Lebron at some point. I'll be interested to see if they can pick up the slack offensively for however long Thompson is out. Should be a really fun series to watch.

I'm going with Cavs in 6. I'm thinking Thompson misses a few games, and even if he comes back, is he going to be 100%. Plus, hitting wide-open threes against the Rockets while Jason Terry is guarding you is one thing.. Doing it against Lebron and company is another. Cavs are going to make Curry work for it, and it's going to be even more difficult as long as Klay is out.

I think Cavs win in 7 but much depends on Kyrie Irving's health.That guy is amazing to watch when he gets on a roll and it was painful to watch him be a shell of himself with the injuries.

Warriors in 6, LeBron is just playing iso ball on offense, his efficiency ratings and 3 point shooting are way down, and the Cavs post defense isn't as good as Memphis who the Warriors already handled.

Warriors in 5 if Klay is healthy. The combo of Draymond and Iggy will be enough to hold Lebron somewhat in check. Too many weapons for GS.

Reactions: lacocat
Cavs in 7. Regardless of the perceived talent gap between the East and the West I just don't see how you can bet against Lebron in these playoffs. He has been amazing. Not to mention he will get back a much healthier Kyrie Irving. J.R Smith is also an X-Factor. If he is hitting those contested jumpers he could match or even offset Golden State's shooting advantage.

Golden State is tough though. Curry's shooting ability is unreal. The Warriors have a lot of interchangeable guys as well (Green, Igoudala and Barnes). All of those guys will probably defend Lebron at some point. I'll be interested to see if they can pick up the slack offensively for however long Thompson is out. Should be a really fun series to watch.
Agree

The Warriors are built to beat the Cavs. They score the best at the positions the Cavs are the weakest defensively, they have the size to negate the Cleveland bigs on the glass, and Green/Thompson/Iguodala/Barnes is the best stable of guys to throw at LeBron of any team in the league.

Warriors in six with a healthy Thompson. Kyrie isn't right, Love is out, no Varejao--just too many holes for LeBron to overcome against the league's deepest roster.

Reactions: BlueCat43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT