ADVERTISEMENT

Narcan/Heron thread

Mashburned

All-American
Mar 10, 2009
KY one of, if not the first, state to offer the bring-you-back-from-the-dead-miracle-drug prescription free through pharmacies.

Thoughts?

I'm laughing, but I'm a cruel person. To me, this is just more BS designed to make a buck. Good for the company making this, but to parade this shit about in the media as some great step towards "the war on heroin" is laughable. Heroin dealers are rejoicing right now.

One "Narcan kit" is around $42. Price doubled in about a year.

These made the news a few months back because ambulance crews were giving them out like candy in a Christmas parade. They were complaining that they were jacked up to $30 then. Time to get the Indian pharmaceutical companies involved. Dollar Tree will carry them if that happens.

Word is FLOTUS is lobbying to include one dose of Narcan in school lunches. The parents are very pleased by this as it will ensure no kid OD's at school.

79 OD's in my Richmond town during the first 3 months of this year. They've traced a lot of the H back to one specific crip gang in Detroit. It was a lot better when dr's were largely running the opiate game.

Lot of really stupid kids/young adults out there shoot up and die very regularly. Heaven forbid they get a med to the families who will find them passed out in the bathroom first to help reverse the respiratory depression.

The druggies who add no value to society are certainly out there, but so are a lot of young, depressed, troubled kids who got addicted to pain pills for whatever reason.

Yep, I'm aware. Narcan can't save them.

I'm glad this stuff exists. I'm just not thrilled about how it's being utilized and politicized.

Lot of really stupid kids/young adults out there shoot up and die very regularly. Heaven forbid they get a med to the families who will find them passed out in the bathroom first to help reverse the respiratory depression.

The druggies who add no value to society are certainly out there, but so are a lot of young, depressed, troubled kids who got addicted to pain pills for whatever reason.

Regardless of your starting point, it's survival of the fittest. Just the fact, bub.

ADVERTISEMENT