ADVERTISEMENT

Mychal Mulder commits

So uk brings back a starting pg who was great in his first year. A four year starting pf who is an athletic freak. A third year Mcdonalds all American who will block shots, get rebs, dunk everything and I'm sure improve his offensive game...and combine that with the number one player in the country with the number one point guard in the country, plus an elite lock down defending wing who can score in transition and slash to the rim, and then they add a third year college player who can shoot the 3 at 47% and is a great athlete and some bozos think that this team can't compete for a national championship. R I D I C U L O U S. oh, I forgot. Our coaching staff must suck. LOL

You tell em!

Reactions: UK HEMINGWAY
ksr says he's going to announce at a "ceremony" tomorrow @ 3:30. damn, dude, you're a juco soph transfer, going somewhere to be a backup for somebody. you have a chance to play for a D1 program. great. just grab the opportunity and go.

Huh? So he shouldn't be excited and celebrate the fact that he is going to play basketball for the greatest program of all time? I bet you are a barrel of fun to watch a game with.

Seems more like the kind of guy you need a barrel of bourbon to watch a game with.

Love some James Young, but goes to show what Mulder can bring to the table besides the 3 ball and before the naysayers chime in....yes, I know this is only ONE play and Im not saying he's better than James, but he can obviously compete at this level.

Last edited:
Based on his highlights and stats last year in juco, I have a feeling this guy might suprise some folks here, atleast I hope so. Glad to have him. Welcome to BBN Mychal!

Mychal Mulder will officially announce and sign at a press conference at Vincennes tomorrow at 3:30 eastern, per Vincennes HC Todd Franklin.

Reliable sources tell HHC that Windsor, ON's 6'4" Mychal Mulder will formally announce his commitment to Kentucky Tuesday afternoon.

Per source, Mulder was "signed" before he ever arrived on the Kentucky campus for visit that took place today.

Perfect, if he's the shooter he seems to be then he's the missing piece. Ulis, Briscoe, Hawkins, Matthews and Mulder can man the 1-3 and Skal, Poy, Lee and Willis can handle the 4-5.

Love it, this kid brings dome game to the table. If he can shoot 40+% and defend then we want him. He may not start but it sounds to me like he can play at this level. We need depth and we need guys that will be around for a few years to build the program. We can't keep taking all 1 and dones every year guys.

He's certainly a nice addition to the team. I'm glad to hear he's ready to commit.
Excellent-Wayne-_zpsr0ta5qpd.gif

Is this a serious post? Some people on here are disgustingly ignorant, if so.

This is a young man making a HUGE personal decision. Why would he not celebrate it? I don't care if you pledge to be a back up at a D3 school, for any individual this is a MONUMENTAL moment in any kid's life.

Plus it's also probably a big deal for the juco to have one of their players committing to UK. In fact, the ceremony was likely the school's idea, not Mulder's.

Amazing that we've some posters ragging on the only recruit that's shown us love this spring recruiting season. Personally I'm loving what I've read about this kid--tremendous 3 point shooting percentages, very athletic, great rebounding numbers, and reportedly a great attitude to boot. Can't wait to see him in a UK uniform.

Reactions: bigc45157
Why do some of you guys feed the trolls...

Great pickup for the cats, let's keep this momentum going.

I'm glad to have Mulder.

Nobody is expecting the kid to score 20 ppg. We just need some outside shooting and a player to help score 7-10 ppg.

Buuuuuuuuuttttt, some of us are so spoiled that we have to ish all over a recruit if he isn't ranked in the top 10. I really hate to think about how some of you clowns will react when Cal leaves and our recruiting returns to "normal" levels

Shooting Guard that dunks on people and shoots 45% + with 172 shot attempts with best team in juco with a year out of high school experience?
This is a solid addition!
Hope it becomes official!
Go Cats!!!

Good. This is great but we still have to get Murray. Without Murray we're mediocre. With Murray we're one of the best 2-3 teams in the country. With Murray and Diallo I think we're Preseason 1.

Good. This is great but we still have to get Murray. Without Murray we're mediocre. With Murray we're one of the best 2-3 teams in the country. With Murray and Diallo I think we're Preseason 1.
I'm anxious to hear if Cal can get Murray to visit this weekend.

We've had nothing but bad news this month. It will be nice just to get a little good news. Hopefully we get Diallo too and finish this month out on a positive note.

He's going to be a valuable asset off the bench. I'm ecstatic to have him on the team next season. He's the kind of player who typically plays for a team like Creighton, Wichita State, or VCU who torches other teams from the perimeter, and now we have him on our team.

I'm predicting that he is going to win a few games for us with his shooting next season, maybe even some big games.

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
Ok. A jc transfer will make a huge difference. Yup. You're right.

He will be a decent back up. But scoring is still an issue with the current roster.

You're making yourself look foolish. Josh Harrellson, Jae Crowder, Cleanthony Early and many more are just recent JUCO's that not only helped their teams, they started and made it to the league. Guys go JUCO for myriad reasons.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tball-juco-success-stories-of-the-past-decade

So uk brings back a starting pg who was great in his first year. A four year starting pf who is an athletic freak. A third year Mcdonalds all American who will block shots, get rebs, dunk everything and I'm sure improve his offensive game...and combine that with the number one player in the country with the number one point guard in the country, plus an elite lock down defending wing who can score in transition and slash to the rim, and then they add a third year college player who can shoot the 3 at 47% and is a great athlete and some bozos think that this team can't compete for a national championship. R I D I C U L O U S. oh, I forgot. Our coaching staff must suck. LOL
We need more posts like this on our board. Great Post Hemingway.

We're not mediocre without Murray. In fact, we're probably still preseason Top 5. Save the hyperbole.

Reactions: ukfan041
I love how the debate becomes simplified.

If we don't get this guy, it's gonna be 2013 all over again!

If we get this guy, we're 15th in the preseason and will lose 9 games and will go out in the Sweet Sixteen!

If we get this guy, we're top five and...

Most of us have never seen the players we have coming in outside of all-star games and YouTube clips. Not sure how we can predict an entire season on such scant information.

The only thing I think we can know for sure is that we should be dangerous even what we have, but unless we add more, some guys are going to have to be better than advertised. Newcomers and returners.

I don't think mediocre means what you think it means.

Reactions: Dutycat
The only thing I think we can know for sure is that we should be dangerous even what we have, but unless we add more, some guys are going to have to be better than advertised. Newcomers and returners.

I'm not even sure this is true.

Skal is advertised as the top pick in the next draft. I'll take that.

Poythress is a strong, athletic senior who helped get us to a Title game with his defense and rebounding.

Ulis is a top 5 pg returning.

Briscoe is a top incoming pg.

Matthews/Mulder are solid role players at the wing.

Lee brings energy off the bench.

Hawkins brings pressure D when needed and helped us get to a Title game.

I think if players show up exactly as advertised then we are a top 10 team who will be solidly in the mix for the Final Four. We need a little more to be the top team, but that's ok. You don't have to be the top team. Just be in the mix and play your best when it matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigc45157
Ok. A jc transfer will make a huge difference. Yup. You're right.

He will be a decent back up. But scoring is still an issue with the current roster.

Who said it wasn't? But yet the only pure shooter we get you bash. Really mature dude.

Agree with earlier posts about how important it is to make a big announcement. Great for his college to play this up. Imagine how much this helps them with recruiting.

Also can't wait to have him on board.

I looked at the Rivals 5 stars and can not find him then, I looked at the Rivals 150 and still can't find him. Are you guy's sure that is the correct spelling of him name?

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT