ADVERTISEMENT

Mychal Mulder discussion

I have no idea who is the best player among the guards. I do know Cal mentioned he would build a team around Ulis. Having said that comment, I would assume Cal is starting Ulis. No matter who starts, UK is obviously stacked at the guard position.

Ulis starts at the start of the season. We do not know if Murray will be in school the first
semester, or even skal. We might have to start Lee at Center and Willis at PF. Let us wait
until school starts to make absolute statements.

WTF is this guy talking about?

Some of our own fans are really bad at making up bs theories about our own guys and hope it catches on. Ulis being a bad defender and being roughed up last season is just total garbage. The fans that believe that clearly don't bother actually watching games. The kid is going to start. That much is so obvious that if you can't accept that, you might as well just take a season off watching Kentucky basketball.

Reactions: 5iveStarRecruit
Depending on how much Ulis improves.

It wouldn't be shocking to see Ulis comes off the bench later in the season.

I doubt it, however. The kid is a monster...he does have weaknesses, but so does everyone else. However, playing limited minutes i think helped hide his weakness last year.

I get the point Boston is trying to make, and I hope everyone is good enough to make selecting a top five difficult. I just doubt that is the case.

Ulis starts at the start of the season. We do not know if Murray will be in school the first
semester, or even skal. We might have to start Lee at Center and Willis at PF. Let us wait
until school starts to make absolute statements.

Just plain dumb. Real dumb....not even smart.

Ulis will start EVERY SINGLE GAME!

There will probably some games that he plays a lot less minutes due to match-ups but Ulis will be the team's leader and the coach on the floor.

Here's how I see the minutes being split this year.

Ulis 25 mpg
Murray 25 mpg
Briscoe 15 mpg
Mulder 10 mpg
Matthews 5 mpg

why is ulis an automatic starter? i mean i know he is a fan favorite and all...but like the OP said. if mulder is every bit as good as folks have been saying...why not mulder, murray and brisco?

bigger, longer, more athletic lineup, all guys that can shoot and penetrate.

Ulis starts!! I guess if he is not one our 5 best guys, they we are in a pretty good situation. But there is no way he is not our best point man.

Reactions: brianpoe

There will probably some games that he plays a lot less minutes due to match-ups but Ulis will be the team's leader and the coach on the floor.

Ulis 25 mpg
Murray 25 mpg
Briscoe 15 mpg
Mulder 10 mpg
Matthews 5 mpg
Keep in mind that we might as well split those minutes up by 120 because they will be playing all three guard spots. So...I would say Ulis (30-32), Murray (30-32), Mulder (23-25, or more/less depending on Briscoe), Briscoe (23-25, or more/less depending on Mulder), Matthews/Willis/Hawkins (10-14+/- total including time during blowouts, etc.). Then, Willis may get minutes as a stretch four if we go small or get into foul trouble.

Ulis 25 mpg
Murray 25 mpg
Briscoe 15 mpg
Mulder 10 mpg
Matthews 5 mpg
They'll all get more minutes than that. You've got it split up to 80 minutes, whereas there are 120 to go around between the 1-3 spots.

Yeah, 3 guards = 120 mins

Still, percentage wise, I believe the order I listed will be who gets the most minutes.

Ulis and Murray, followed by Briscoe and Mulder/Matthews...

Keep in mind that we might as well split those minutes up by 120 because they will be playing all three guard spots. So...I would say Ulis (30-32), Murray (30-32), Mulder (23-25, or more/less depending on Briscoe), Briscoe (23-25, or more/less depending on Mulder), Matthews/Willis/Hawkins (10-14+/- total including time during blowouts, etc.). Then, Willis may get minutes as a stretch four if we go small or get into foul trouble.

Yeah, I agree. Ulis and Murray will get 30+...I felt Briscoe would as well but with what we hear about Mulder and Matthews...who knows.

Last edited:
folks last year wanted the best 5 out there...i agree it is ulis' team, but are we sure he is one of the best 5 guys?
UM.MM..Cal will use the 5 players who play together BEST AS A TEAM instead of just the "best 5" (like an all-star team) and 8 players will get about all the minutes (Matthews WILL play).

Man Boston,you have to be one of the most arrogant, obstinate posters on the board. Cal gas repeatedly said this is Tylers team. When proven wrong, a wise man would admit his mistake and move on. Nope, not you, you just keep hurling the insults at everyone else because they and Cal still don't agree with you. If you want to continue to look foolish, just keep harping on this, I guess.

cal repeatedly said it was andrews team last year. uk fans had a problem with it. and it was ok because it was criticism. but i guess when its about ulis....

cal repeatedly said it was andrews team last year. uk fans had a problem with it. and it was ok because it was criticism. but i guess when its about ulis....

Are you s***ting me? You're still at this?
Dude, what do you need to hear to stop crying about Ulis (who had a ridiculous assist to turnover ratio, and is a 43% three point shooter) being our starting point guard?
You won't listen to what the coach says, at all. You won't listen to what other fans say, at all. You won't listen to what common logic says, at all. Do you listen to anything? What's the point in discussing anything if you don't have basic reasoning skills?

Easy fellas, good conversation and a good problem for Cal. We have some great back court players and the NCAAT is a guard's game.

Reactions: SDcatfan13
Easy fellas, good conversation and a good problem for Cal. We have some great back court players and the NCAAT is a guard's game.

The best part of this thread has been everyone telling Boston where to shove it. Keep it coming, I say. He's awful.

Andrew was my favorite player on the team, but get over it.

Last edited:
Murray is obviously better than Ulis. He just lacks Ulis PG instincts/vision.

+ Briscoe isn't a lotto talent.

I think what you are saying is Tyler is a better pure point guard and Murray is a better 2 guard. You can't learn instincts, court vision and passing at the level Tyler performs at. Murray looks to be great but I don't think he'll be a better pure pg than Tyler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT