ADVERTISEMENT

Mychal Mulder discussion

Teague? What does this mean?

TOP DEFINITION

Teague

A very attractive man who draws alot of attention to girls he loves women and they love him back. he is wonderful in bed and the girls keep coming back. he is very sweet and caring. his smile is like no other and is very unique.

he knows how to dress.
look at him he kind of looks like a teague

are you ok do you need a teague

^ There you go bro :)

I am a huge fan of Ulis but I do not think he is an absolute lock to start. He got pushed around by bigger guards last year and Calipari has a preference for bigger guards. I hope however he is able to start and think he gets a good shot at the starting position.

If I am an opposing coach I rough up Ulis and try to force Calipari to keep him off the floor.

He is likely the best pure point guard on the UK team.

I see Muldur being a bigger contributor to this UK team than many are predicting. He is athletic and can shoot the rock. Defense will determine his playing time like it will most of the other players playing time. If you don't defend you will not see the floor much for Calipari.

Holy…who are spreading these lies? Are you sure we were watching the same games?

This always boggles me mind, when someone questions Ulis's defensive play. He obviously had some hiccups, but not enough to suggest he was constantly bullied or some sort of liability.

5"9 Ulis 14-15 defense >> 6'6 Devin Booker + Andrew.

TOP DEFINITION

Teague

A very attractive man who draws alot of attention to girls he loves women and they love him back. he is wonderful in bed and the girls keep coming back. he is very sweet and caring. his smile is like no other and is very unique.

he knows how to dress.

My wife will say I most likely need to become one of those teague's...

I just don't think Tyler has proven anything close to Teague as of yet. The kid took over at times, was an absolute bulldog on offense and defense and led us to the title.

Tyler is a much different player, more finesse due to size, but I believe they are so different they are hard to compare.

My wife will say I most likely need to become one of those teague's...

I just don't think Tyler has proven anything close to Teague as of yet. The kid took over at times, was an absolute bulldog on offense and defense and led us to the title.

Tyler is a much different player, more finesse due to size, but I believe they are so different they are hard to compare.

Teague was shaky for most of his frosh season. They were a good amount of people calling for Lamb to take over Point duties at one point.

He had some good moments in the tourney, but the unreal talent around him + the title has made fans forget how much he struggled during the season running the team + defending.

Holy…who are spreading these lies? Are you sure we were watching the same games?

This always boggles me mind, when someone questions Ulis's defensive play. He obviously had some hiccups, but not enough to suggest he was constantly bullied or some sort of liability.

5"9 Ulis 14-15 defense >> 6'6 Devin Booker + Andrew.

A&M and Wisconsin were the two times he seemed to be taken advantage of. Cal mentioned how House was physically challenging Tyler.

Teague was shaky for most of his frosh season. They were a good amount of people calling for Lamb to take over Point duties at one point.

He had some good moments in the tourney, but the unreal talent around him + the title has made fans forget how much he struggled during the season.

Early to midseason, mostly his shot. Had Wartford not hit that shot Teague would have won that game by himself. He could drive at will and did very well at finishing.

Let's see Tyler play more than partial minutes and take over.

Some fans let his lack of NBA play forget how good he was.

Reactions: jarms24
A&M and Wisconsin were the two times he seemed to be taken advantage of. Cal mentioned how House was physically challenging Tyler.

Yeah, A &M + Ole Miss. I don't feel he struggled vs. Wisconsin.

But even if you believe Wiscky got the best of him. thats only 3 total games. In the whole season for a 5"9 frosh. The guy was good on the end for the majority of the year + was the only one with the ability to harass opposing ball handlers.

LMAO at somebody saying Ulis may not start...... Come on man.

the start of the season....100%. but by the end of the year....who knows. murrary and brisco have more upside. again both will be lottery picks and playing PG for NBA teams. and if mulder is this 3 point sniper, that is long and the best athlete on the team.....i mean....why not put the best players on the court if that is how it shakes out?

i know people have a hard on for ulis, and i love that he is on our team...but he got 23 mpg last year and score 5 a game while shooting 40%...not the best production. without the front court depth...we are going to have to have our wings/guards score more. skal is going to get doubled a lot. poythress isnt a scorer.

I don't disagree that Ulis will start.

But I don't agree with totally discounting Boston's opinion.

Who knows what Cal will do, especially if he isn't starting three guards?

Some of you all have totally different memories of Teague than I do. He was GREAT in the tournament. The regular season, he had his moments, but that's it, imo.

The debate is Mulder or Briscoe, imo. Debating Ulis starting is silly.

I think Briscoe will be great, but I haven't one legitimate mock draft with him in the lottery.

Some of you all have totally different memories of Teague than I do. He was GREAT in the tournament. The regular season, he had his moments, but that's it, imo.

Sure, like the IU game. And his tourney was very very good.

To say that Teague shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Ulis is a bit of a reach to me.

That was my only point.

why is ulis an automatic starter? i mean i know he is a fan favorite and all...but like the OP said. if mulder is every bit as good as folks have been saying...why not mulder, murray and brisco?

bigger, longer, more athletic lineup, all guys that can shoot and penetrate.

Look, sorry our idiots bashed Andrew so much. You've made your point about Ulis, now shut up about it. You're just as annoying as them.

Murray is obviously better than Ulis. He just lacks Ulis PG instincts/vision.

First Teague can't be mentioned in the same breath as Ulis and now Murray lacks vision and instincts?

Man, let these kids play a little ball first would ya?

I'd bet there might be some GM's that disagree with you.

The debate is Mulder or Briscoe, imo. Debating Ulis starting is silly.

I think Briscoe will be great, but I haven't one legitimate mock draft with him in the lottery.

its a starting 5....if you want to add one player, you have to take one away. i disagree with the notion that adding mulder means sitting briscoe. again i know is a fan favorite...but other than that...why is he off limits?

it can still be his team...but that doesnt mean he is the best option. positionless basketball, cal talks about it, fans here love it...what other positions can ulis play other than point? we are going to have a smaller front court, lack the beef...adding more size on the perimeter could help.

saying murray lacks PG instincts is just flat out making stuff up for your own agenda.

Whichever GM disagrees with that statement will be fired in a year or two. 4-5 games is enough to gauge a players PG abilities.

It shouldn't even be taken as a shot to Murray. The guy simply lacks PG qualities at this moment. He's a awesome 2-guard with a splash of playing making. How exactly is this a bad thing? Lol

its a starting 5....if you want to add one player, you have to take one away. i disagree with the notion that adding mulder means sitting briscoe. again i know is a fan favorite...but other than that...why is he off limits?

it can still be his team...but that doesnt mean he is the best option. positionless basketball, cal talks about it, fans here love it...what other positions can ulis play other than point? we are going to have a smaller front court, lack the beef...adding more size on the perimeter could help.

saying murray lacks PG instincts is just flat out making stuff up for your own agenda.
Please quote the comments where I said Murray "lacks PG instincts" or anything similar to that. You won't be able to because I didn't say it.

I actually think Murray is a great lead guard. This is actually one of the reasons I think Briscoe may be best suited as a 6th man. I don't want 3 lead guards getting the majority of the minutes. My opinion. I want a knockdown shooter with athleticism to fill a role with the other two guards creating.

TOP DEFINITION

Teague

he knows how to dress.

LMAO. Ha Ha. Your alright dude. LOL

Reactions: 5iveStarRecruit
hope so...that would be great. two lottery picks at PG plus ulis who is better than both.
Hey he was whooping Briscoe in one-on-one games this summer.

Mulder is intriguing to me. He's obviously nasty from outside and a really good athlete too. Jucos always have a weird vibe though. Darnell Dodson was supposed to be a deadly outside shooter too. Sometimes they just don't live up to their reputation.

Honestly I think all 8 guys could potentially challenge for a starting spot depending on how everyone plays.

Reactions: brianpoe
Whichever GM disagrees with that statement will be fired in a year or two. 4-5 games is enough to gauge a players PG abilities.

It shouldn't even be taken as a shot to Murray. The guy simply lacks PG qualities at this moment. He's a awesome 2-guard with a splash of playing making. How exactly is this a bad thing? Lol

The kid has made some pretty spectacular passes. And Cal said his vision and passing abilities are very very good.

Maybe people see different things different ways?

Cal, NBA people and then there is you.

In all seriousness, I think we will see a kid with very good vision and instincts. We will have 3 guys that could run the point of any national championship team.

Few thoughts on this thread.

1. Teague averaged 10 points and 4.8 assists as a frosh...pretty good. Yeah, he had his struggling moments, but if Ulis had played all the time last year with no Harrison twins on the team...he would have struggled more as well.
2. I do not think for a second Ulis won't start, although I do see the contrarian's point about how logically Cal could start Murray, Briscoe, Mulder, Poy and Skal. I also find the potential line up of Murray, Mulder, Matthews, Poy and Skal interesting as well...but I still feel Ulis, Briscoe, Murray, Poy and Skal is what we will get. I think it is nice to have all these variations that Cal can use this year. UK certainly has a lot of different talented combos it can utilize in the back court. Not so much the front court sadly, but 3 solid to good players there.
3. I think Cal will play the best 5 he feels gives him the best chance to win in March during the NCAA Tourney in close games. I have no idea what 5 that will be...would purely be a wild guess going into this season. There are so many variations that can be utilized this coming season.

The kid has made some pretty spectacular passes. And Cal said his vision and passing abilities are very very good.

Maybe people see different things different ways?

Cal, NBA people and then there is you.

In all seriousness, I think we will see a kid with very good vision and instincts. We will have 3 guys that could run the point of any national championship team.

Ahh, referring to Cal and other things rather than going off your own opinion/eyeballs. Thats when you know you're lacking in the argument.

Like…Cal pumps up all our players. He shouldn't even be quoted.

I'm not here saying Murray lacks instincts in general. I'm not even taking shots at him. He threw some cool passes at PanAms, but overall, he looked uncomfortable setting up everything, picked up his dribble too often early in sets + made quiet a few boneheaded passes down the stretch for Canada. + His A/T ratio wasn't impressive either.

Alright first up I'm a big Ulis guy. He's going to start and he's going to be a really good PG. I believe, and I've said this a bunch, that he'll be one of the best point guards in the country. He was good as a freshman. You know he's gonna be better all around in his Sophomore year. And he wasn't a bad defender IMO. I mean he's not the biggest guy but I thought he was a good on ball defender. He's gonna start and he'll continue to start because of how good he's gonna play. But anyways back to Mulder. Mulder's one guy I'm really jacked about. If a guy shoots 46% from 3 and is a freak athlete that alone sounds like he's about to contribute big time. I know it was Juco, but if you can shoot, you can shoot, and he should get a lot of open looks playing around so much talent. I look for him to be our main scorer off the bench and put up around 8pts, 3rbs a game.

What I picture is Ulis, Murray, and Briscoe utilizing ball screen action to penetrate defenses at will. Then, either they finish, find Skal/Poy/Lee for an oop, or find Mulder behind the arc for a three. Rinse, repeat. I just don't want to have Ulis, Murray, and Briscoe in there at the same time too often. The real X factor imo, is that Ulis and Murray are both really good shooters when open. I am hoping that Briscoe can become a good shooter as the season progresses. Then, maybe they become interchangeable.

I am a huge fan of Ulis but I do not think he is an absolute lock to start. He got pushed around by bigger guards last year and Calipari has a preference for bigger guards. I hope however he is able to start and think he gets a good shot at the starting position.

If I am an opposing coach I rough up Ulis and try to force Calipari to keep him off the floor.

He is likely the best pure point guard on the UK team.

I see Muldur being a bigger contributor to this UK team than many are predicting. He is athletic and can shoot the rock. Defense will determine his playing time like it will most of the other players playing time. If you don't defend you will not see the floor much for Calipari.
"Rough up Ulis?" Hahahaha. Ulis has the dog in him son, didn't you watch any of UK's games last year? If Cousins won't intimidate him NOBODY will. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.

Reactions: BBUK
What I picture is Ulis, Murray, and Briscoe utilizing ball screen action to penetrate defenses at will. Then, either they finish, find Skal/Poy/Lee for an oop, or find Mulder behind the arc for a three. Rinse, repeat. I just don't want to have Ulis, Murray, and Briscoe in there at the same time too often. The real X factor imo, is that Ulis and Murray are both really good shooters when open. I am hoping that Briscoe can become a good shooter as the season progresses. Then, maybe they become interchangeable.

Well, I expect all 3 to play a lot of minutes...so they are going to all be in there together at the same time a lot.

Murray looked great scoring vs. Pros. He didn't look good running the show as a PG. He made a lot of crucial TOs + he simply lacked the instincts to set something up that wasn't very obvious.

Well…yeah. Thats not a double standard, its just understanding someones physical tools. If you're a 6"6 guard who can't finish at the rim, you better shoot that 3 ball at an elite level. Twins didn't. Ulis did.

Not to mention Ulis was superior at every other aspect of the game. Mother of god…you can''t be serious with your arguments lmao.
Dude I like that your defending ulis, but you're slamming murray while you do it. Murray would start over ulis because he's way more talented, and nobody could deny that. Good thing is that both will more than likely start.

Dude I like that your defending ulis, but you're slamming murray while you do it. Murray would start over ulis because he's way more talented, and nobody could deny that. Good thing is that both will more than likely start.

And….im not. i've already stated in here that Murray>>Ulis.

Why is stating he's not a PG "slamming"?

He's a awesome 2-guard with a splash of playing making. How exactly is this a bad thing? Lol

^^^^

It is true that Ulis is a great on ball defender out away from the basket but he gets used by bigger guards posting him up inside.
That still doesn't make him a bad defender. It makes him short. Not everyone is WCS.

Last edited:
Hey he was whooping Briscoe in one-on-one games this summer.

Mulder is intriguing to me. He's obviously nasty from outside and a really good athlete too. Jucos always have a weird vibe though. Darnell Dodson was supposed to be a deadly outside shooter too. Sometimes they just don't live up to their reputation.

Honestly I think all 8 guys could potentially challenge for a starting spot depending on how everyone plays.
Dodson was more focus on smoking weed.

Ulis starts at the start of the season. We do not know if Murray will be in school the first
semester, or even skal. We might have to start Lee at Center and Willis at PF. Let us wait
until school starts to make absolute statements.

Reactions: Wiltthastilt
murray looked pretty great running the canandian team playing against pros. setting up teammates and scoring at will.

but again...i get it...ulis is a fan favorite. andrew or aaron harrison shoots 40% from the floor and its bench them....need shooters. ulis does it...well he is short so its cool.
He was at his best when he was looking to get his. He wasn't much of a factor before he actively started looking to score. He is smart enough to make a pass when he knows that's the better option, but the ball didn't really move around much when he was out there. Is he the best perimeter player on the team? Probably, but that doesn't mean he's the best point guard on the team.

Reactions: 5iveStarRecruit
He was at his best when he was looking to get his. He wasn't much of a factor before he actively started looking to score. He is smart enough to make a pass when he knows that's the better option, but the ball didn't really move around much when he was out there. Is he the best perimeter player on the team? Probably, but that doesn't mean he's the best point guard on the team.

6zSykgv.gif

ADVERTISEMENT