ADVERTISEMENT

My Best Walleye this Year

_ukcat

All-American
May 22, 2002
Got a few weeks ago at Laurel

Big%20Walleye.jpg

that's a good catch! always have fun fishing for walleyes but never tasted one cooked any way I cared for

that's a good catch! always have fun fishing for walleyes but never tasted one cooked any way I cared for

Walleye is the only fish I keep to eat. Like it Blackened on the grill but really have got into deep frying with a Batter recipe I got from Ky. Afield.

Awesome. I've been deep into Canada a few times. Walleye are one of my favorites. Nothing beats a Walleye shore lunch. Wife's from B-ville, so I'm used to Corbin area. Gonna have to give Laurel a try.

They can be caught year round on Laurel. Spring time is surface time when the water is 60-78 degrees and the shad are up at night. Once they go deep for the summer you can catch them by trolling or bottom bouncing.

Thats a good one. I hate em though...everything on them bites, sticks or slices you open and God help you If it rolls up in a landing net, youll be half an hour getting untangled (longer If its a Rogue)! lol...
They are good to eat though. I mix "Andys batter" with a can of beer, let it sit for a half hour then dip fish and deep fry.
Caught a few on Cumberland this Spring while Striper fishing with topwaters.

You are so right about the mess they make when they roll in the the net with 3 Treble hooks on the bait. I have had to cut a net or 2 and broke a few hooks getting them out of net plus the time lost fishing dealing with it and all in the dark!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT