ADVERTISEMENT

Murray not playing in Lexington this weekend

There is no way to spin this positively; trying to do so is just silly. Somebody didn't want him to get remotely close to UK's campus and they won out. That doesn't necessarily mean he's decided where he's going, but there is someone in his ear who obviously has a lot of pull, and that someone clearly isn't associated with UK.

Could it be....

Satan?

SNL_0963_08_Church_Chat.png

I just can't think of a way this is good news for us.I'm not getting my hopes up about getting him.It just shocks me that Mulder might be the only late signing we get.

Someday in the not so distant future we will either laugh about these days or frown depending on what develops. Either way, chances are the sun will shine the next day, and even if it stops shining forever, then it won't matter anymore.
Relax my friends.

Geez, I'm sorry but I hate posts like this. Its like after the Wiscy loss everyone around kept saying that "its just a game". Made me want to dropkick them. Yes, I know it is a game and I know the sun will come up the next day but this is something that was instilled in me from the day I was born and partly defines who I am as a person., as sad as that may seem to some but it is the truth. So, take that shiate elsewhere and give it a rest cause I'm never going to relax about this program. You might as well just stop trying to make me, its just not happening!

I am not worried about what any of these kids want to do or who is scratching their backs. That job goes to Cal. Cal will eventually land the players that he needs. Players that want to be here.

Reactions: Brando Mac
It's a good sign that he's reclassifying since others have mentioned the srs not playing aau & the potential unofficial visit next wkend sounds even better.

Probably reaching here, Im no expert on NCAA violations but any chance this has to do with compliance or to not appear out of compliance. AAU trip to a university that doubles as a recruiting visit?

Last edited:
Probably reaching here, Im no expert on NCAA violations but any chance this has to do with compliance or to not appear out of compliance. AAU trip to a university that doubles as a recruiting visit?

More likely what someone else posted earlier about missing the last couple trips as well and how that points to possibly reclassifying since he would not be allowed to play in them if he was a senior. I'm guessing if he did play in them, it would preclude his being able to reclassify, or possibly delay when he would be allowed to play.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
If UK gets Mulder, do they still go after Murray too? I would think Mulder's decision will affect Murray's it would seem. But if Murray is that good, then what Mulder does will not matter.

if we lose our last, best targets to Mississippi St, St Johns and Oregon.....

well, I'll be unhappy

Reactions: bigc45157
Maybe he was told Newman is coming so he decided to stay home instead to get rest. This will then end his reclassifying so that he can be recruited for next year.

The month of April is giving us the middle finger.
In every way I can't even get a crop in the ground it has rained the whole month, the clouds are still crying over our Final Four loss.

Y'all cry more than a bunch of babies. We are fine! You're sounding like Alabama football fans... Entitled. Not a good look!

UK fans just want to be in the discussion. Nothing wrong with wanting the best players.

Does everyone really believe Cal will let both Murray and Newman slip away? LMAO. Pretty funny. and what exactly does his decision to not play this weekend have to do with his college decision?
Cal has ZERO to do with the kids decision.....He can deliver his best sales pitch but the kid still has to decide. SO, yes, I do believe both can slip away. And if they end up elsewhere.....what would the conclusion be?

A lot of people are like 13 year old school girls who didn't get their way, especially JF CATS, who I have still YET to see post anything positive about Kentucky since he appeared mysteriously after the Wisconsin game.

Anyhow, Like WCC said above, there is no reason for him to continue AAU ball at this point. He IS moving to the class of 15. Just relax and let the chips fall were they may. Ain't no elite guard choosing Oregon over Kentucky.

Reactions: sabian_uk24
If UK gets Mulder, do they still go after Murray too? I would think Mulder's decision will affect Murray's it would seem. But if Murray is that good, then what Mulder does will not matter.
Mulder won't affect Murray. Murray is a top 10 talent. Murray will contribute but he'd be a backup option.

Mulder won't affect Murray. Murray is a top 10 talent. Murray will contribute but he'd be a backup option.

Murray Mulder would start and small guard, but Mulder Murray could get some run at power center. Mulrray can sink the three point free throw, while Muldray can really dunk on defense. MulrrayMurrder. Murlarualruru.

Recruits can visit a school whenever they please as long as it's not paid for by the school.

On KSR Matt Jones said Cal is pushing really hard to get him to visit UK next weekend. He says if Cal gets him on campus he thinks he comes to UK, if not, he doesn't see any scenario where Murray comes to UK.

Recruits can visit a school whenever they please as long as it's not paid for by the school.

According to MJ this morning, he could not have visited UK during the weekend, and nobody from UK could have talked to him because the NCAA stopped allowing these tournaments becoming unofficial visits years ago after surprise, surprise UNCheat started hosting them so that all their big targets could have unofficial visits and then other schools started doing it too.

Also, UK is trying to get him to visit Derby weekend, so he probably didn't want to come 2 weekends in a row anyway. Then there is the thing about not being able to play if he is planning on reclassifiying. All of these things make it pretty clear that this is not as negative as it first appeared.

On KSR Matt Jones said Cal is pushing really hard to get him to visit UK next weekend. He says if Cal gets him on campus he thinks he comes to UK, if not, he doesn't see any scenario where Murray comes to UK.

I heard that too, and I think Jones is way off on that. I don't think a visit next weekend is necessarily a big indicator of whether he comes to UK or not.

if we lose our last, best targets to Mississippi St, St Johns and Oregon.....

well, I'll be unhappy
Wont be fun, but i would rather lose them to teams that won't matter next year than the usual powerhouses

I heard that too, and I think Jones is way off on that. I don't think a visit next weekend is necessarily a big indicator of whether he comes to UK or not.

Maybe, but it's pretty hard to imagine him coming to UK without ever visiting or meeting with Cal directly.

According to MJ this morning, he could not have visited UK during the weekend, and nobody from UK could have talked to him because the NCAA stopped allowing these tournaments becoming unofficial visits years ago after surprise, surprise UNCheat started hosting them so that all their big targets could have unofficial visits and then other schools started doing it too.

Also, UK is trying to get him to visit Derby weekend, so he probably didn't want to come 2 weekends in a row anyway. Then there is the thing about not being able to play if he is planning on reclassifiying. All of these things make it pretty clear that this is not as negative as it first appeared.
That is incorrect and not what Matt Jones said. He could have visited on his own, just no one from the school could have talked with him. Which is exactly my point. A kid can visit a college campus whenever he damn well pleases.

That is incorrect and not what Matt Jones said. He could have visited on his own, just no one from the school could have talked with him. Which is exactly my point. A kid can visit a college campus whenever he damn well pleases.

If he travels down here on his own dime. Coming down with the team, which he presumably would not be paying for, makes it not an unofficial visit.

I would sure feel better with a visit.I know Kyle commited without it but seems unlikely he comes here to play without at least one visit.

Murray Mulder would start and small guard, but Mulder Murray could get some run at power center. Mulrray can sink the three point free throw, while Muldray can really dunk on defense. MulrrayMurrder. Murlarualruru.
Now that's just not nice. Cracked me up but not nice :D but I see that I mistyped. I meant Mulder will be a backup option. 2 "Mu" players is confusing!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT