ADVERTISEMENT

Murray not playing in Lexington this weekend

Not coming does seem to be a downer since I take it he has never visited.

Matt Jones said he still thinks there is a chance Murray comes for unofficial visit derby weekend.

That's what I meant. And I think he wants to take some time to think about things.

There is no way to spin this positively; trying to do so is just silly. Somebody didn't want him to get remotely close to UK's campus and they won out. That doesn't necessarily mean he's decided where he's going, but there is someone in his ear who obviously has a lot of pull, and that someone clearly isn't associated with UK.

WCC said it best calm the f down some of yall. If the kid is coming to UK like most think this means nothing . If he never was then he never was . IMO he wants 2 days to really think about what he wants and i see that as nothing but good for us but again who knows.
Someday in the not so distant future we will either laugh about these days or frown depending on what develops. Either way, chances are the sun will shine the next day, and even if it stops shining forever, then it won't matter anymore.
Relax my friends.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop following this recruiting class. There really hasn't been ANY good news regarding any of the uncommitted guys for UK. All reports for all of these guys has them leaning elsewhere. I fully expect some stud 2016 SF to come out of the wordwork and reclass to 2015 and commit to Transy.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop following this recruiting class. There really hasn't been ANY good news regarding any of the uncommitted guys for UK. All reports for all of these guys has them leaning elsewhere. I fully expect some stud 2016 SF to come out of the wordwork and reclass to 2015 and commit to Transy.
what is great in a week when we have 2-3 more commits comments like this will be funny . But that is minjo's very lucid point.

what is great in a week when we have 2-3 more commits comments like this will be funny . But that is minjo's very lucid point.

I don't doubt that Cal will get a few guys, it's just been no fun following the predictions and talk. I can't remember the last time something good was put out about UK. Jerry Meyer even threw out there today that Murray might skip college ball all together. I think i'm gonna shift my focus to being happy about the guys we have, trust Cal and cheer on our wildcats in the playoffs.

Coming from the Zimmerman and Newman were "locks" to UK and "done deals" guy
you really think we strike out on Diallo , Mulder , Murray , Brown , Ingram , Newman , Maker ? If i was that negative i eat a bullet and i don't mean that personally as i don't know your heart but that seems like crap way to live . We will get another big , another wing and hopefully another guard and it will be clear in a week or so one way or another ...

Somebody didn't want him to get remotely close to UK's campus and they won out. That doesn't necessarily mean he's decided where he's going, but there is someone in his ear who obviously has a lot of pull, and that someone clearly isn't associated with UK.

Given the way this current recruiting period has gone thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. Then again, maybe we're just jumping to that conclusion because we've been dealing with so many recruits recently that have handlers/other influences that appear to be steering them toward other programs/away from UK.

I take the news as a normal response from a kid exhausted from the whirlwind of the last few weeks and knows the hype will be insane for these games considering they are in Lexington. Would be understandable if this isn't the circumstance he wants to make his trip here. Hopefully that will come next week in a much more relaxed format.

I need to get away from everything recruiting for the next couple of weeks, seriously stressing me out and seems like disappointment after disappointment. Things can still end well but I'm confused right now with the way things seem to be going, makes no sense.

tumblr_mgzx0ykc8a1s3hileo1_400.gif

Reactions: SilentsAreGolden
An unofficial visit Derby weekend would be alright with me. He would probably get a better, more comfortable feel of things doing it that way instead of with a rushed visit during some AAU tournament. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I don't doubt that in the meantime the other schools in on him will put on a full-court press of negativity and guilt to make sure he doesn't end up here. Especially the ones that have been in on him longer and will no doubt feel threatened by Cal's presence. We've beaten the negativity before, though.

I don't know the deal but if he has decided to reclassify, he sure as hell wouldn't be playing in an AAU tournament this weekend. Seniors don't play in AAU tourneys in April.

Reactions: DY9ASTY
you really think we strike out on Diallo , Mulder , Murray , Brown , Ingram , Newman , Maker ? If i was that negative i eat a bullet and i don't mean that personally as i don't know your heart but that seems like crap way to live . We will get another big , another wing and hopefully another guard and it will be clear in a week or so one way or another ...

Remove Mulder, he's not elite. But, yes, I think we miss on those other guys.

It's not being negative, it's being realistic based on the information available. You said we would for sure get Newman and Zimmerman now it's one or some of these other guys. Ingram is declaring for Duke on Monday so that removes another from your list.

I get being positive, but being blindly (and stupidly) loyal to a fault is silly.

Well he didn't play in the last eybl event either last weekend or the weekend before, so it could be he's done with aau and reclassifying. Or like mentioned from his dad, he simply needs rest. Either way, I wish Oregon didn't get the visit in this week. Really want this kid.

Y'all cry more than a bunch of babies. We are fine! You're sounding like Alabama football fans... Entitled. Not a good look!

Lmfao! Listen to you guys! Disgusted at this class? Damn man, these kids can go wherever they want.. They've got coaches in their heads telling them to own the spotlight not share it. Set yourself up for disappointment when you automatically start assuming their coming here. Nobody knows yet so chill on all that mess.. :cool:

I don't know the deal but if he has decided to reclassify, he sure as hell wouldn't be playing in an AAU tournament this weekend. Seniors don't play in AAU tourneys in April.

Great point. I'm glad you brought this up because that is a legit reason. If he is re-classifying then there is no need to play AAU anymore. Him and his parents know we would absolutely OVERWHELM him if he came this weekend. It makes a lot more sense to come another weekend when he can take a true visit, instead of trying to squeeze things in between an AAU tourney.

That's the most positive look I can find, but it does make some sense.

Does everyone really believe Cal will let both Murray and Newman slip away? LMAO. Pretty funny. and what exactly does his decision to not play this weekend have to do with his college decision?

lol @ you people thinking an elite prospect cares about the UK campus. It's Kentucky basketball and John Calipari, that's all that they need to know.

Clark Francis! Hadn't heard that name in years. No doubt out looking for Ivan Renko......

ADVERTISEMENT