ADVERTISEMENT

Motorcycle riders

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
The guy that said "I don't care about the law" and just created his own lane that didn't exist so he could get past everybody and gun it at the red light so I can be in front of everyone else. Am I supposed to care if he lived or died last night?

I don't.

I'll grant you that, but if motorcycle guy does that, it's not really impacting me. Plus, if he does it regularly, he literally WON'T be around for very long.

Reactions: Glenn's take
All that being said, if he gets in front of traffic and then decides to putter along, to enjoy the ride, then turnabout is fair play. IOW, short lane him after you pass, and give the brakes a tiny tap. You're sure to get a stern talking to at the next red light (guaranteed lock, if he's riding a Harley or Harley homage/loud pipe compensation cruiser) , but tell him to tuck his micropenis in and move along.

I once was about to pass on the Interstate but thought I saw something in my mirror. So, I waited. A crotch rocket running about 150 to 160 came around. Had I switched lanes, he would have died. I bet the guy has bought the farm since.

I once was about to pass on the Interstate but thought I saw something in my mirror. So, I waited. A crotch rocket running about 150 to 160 came around. Had I switched lanes, he would have died. I bet the guy has bought the farm since.

Those folks clearly have a death wish. I can't imagine doing that speed on a bike (or a car for that matter. The fastest I've ever been, in a car, was 130, when I was probably 20, driving a 1974 Plymouth Fury with the 440 police interceptor engine), and my main thought was that, if ANYTHING happened in front of me, I was toast. Speeds like that remove ALL reaction time.

The guy that said "I don't care about the law" and just created his own lane that didn't exist so he could get past everybody and gun it at the red light so I can be in front of everyone else. Am I supposed to care if he lived or died last night?

I don't.
Lived or died? Hell yes, we should all care about that.
Now that he got a ticket, I think most of us want that. Some may even want him to wipe out (if no or minor injuries). But death, you got to be sick to wish that on someone that isn't killing others.

I left the Reds game last year headed back to Louisville and kept seeing a light pointing straight up in the sky. Some wild ass on a crotch rocket rode a wheelie straight up the cut in the hill leaving Covington headed towards Erlanger in very heavy traffic. I was extremely impressed.

• Wow
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
All that being said, if he gets in front of traffic and then decides to putter along, to enjoy the ride, then turnabout is fair play. IOW, short lane him after you pass, and give the brakes a tiny tap. You're sure to get a stern talking to at the next red light (guaranteed lock, if he's riding a Harley or Harley homage/loud pipe compensation cruiser) , but tell him to tuck his micropenis in and move along.

As a harley rider, I keep mine tucked to stay out of the spokes....Jus sayin

Those folks clearly have a death wish. I can't imagine doing that speed on a bike (or a car for that matter. The fastest I've ever been, in a car, was 130, when I was probably 20, driving a 1974 Plymouth Fury with the 440 police interceptor engine), and my main thought was that, if ANYTHING happened in front of me, I was toast. Speeds like that remove ALL reaction time.

Might also add on Dixie Hwy especially, riding in the fast lane at high speeds ON THE BACK TIRE ONLY is asking for a death wish as well. In the mid-seventies I had just bought a new 750f model (sport) and hit 130 on 71, then it came to me how stupid that was a what could happen. Never did that again and to this day if I ride, I will not drink a drop. Bad news too!

Reactions: berniecarbo
Going north on 75 in Chattanooga right when you cross over from Georgia…guy on a crotch rocket passes us going at least twice as fast as us. Unbelievable. So 150ish.
"Further, even though “crotch rockets” only account for less than 10 percent of motorcycles out on the road, they account for over 25 percent of motorcycle rider serious injuries and deaths."

I thought they were limited to about 160 or 170 but I guess the new ones are getting up to 200.

wreck motorcylce GIF by FirstAndMonday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT