All-American
Jan 7, 2003
Just my uneducated opinion, but (in order):
(1) UF - will be best shot in many years to end the god-awful streak
(2) Early season game at USC - good measuring stick
(3) EKU - goes without saying
(4) Halloween night against Tennessee
(5) UofL

I really hope Stoops throws the kitchen sink at Florida this year and I hope the crowd is rowdy and loud. We have a great shot to get that monkey off our backs this year and it would be a great win for Stoops early on in the season, and a good game to build confidence going forward.

I fear the fans would rush the field against a bad Florida team if we win. I understand the significance of breaking the streak but I hope it doesn't happen lol

I would not have any problem at all with a field rush if the Cats end that God awful streak against the Gators this year. That is my number one hope of a win for the season. My number two hope is ending the losing streak now in progress against Uof L. My number three hope is a big upset of Auburn on Thursday night.

If we keep winning.. every game will be exciting. Been a long time since the next game on the schedule was big regardless of opponent. ;)

Definitely Florida on Sept. 19th. Gators are extremely vulnerable this year and if we're ever going to beat them again this has to be it.

Gotta add the Auburn Thursday night game in there somewhere. It will be a huge opportunity for Coach Stoops and our program to show the world we are on our way up.

I do agree that the UF game is the biggest of the year but I would put UofL next.

I have to think UF will be better coached this year, and they won't overlook UK (not to suggest that they did last year). I'm keeping my expectations tempered after enduring so many near misses against UT when the teams were fairly evenly matched or UT was perceived to be down and vulnerable. They year we finally knocked them off we were bad and had to stick a WR in at QB.

But to DACats initial point, there are indeed several intriguing games and games which will be viewed as a measuring stick.
UF
UT on Halloween (hopefully under the lights with a spirited crowd with the Breeders Cup in town)
Mizzou at home
@USC (early in schedule with Spurrier likely anxious to blow UK out after last year's upset)
UofL at home (will UK need that one for bowl eligibility?)
Auburn on a Thursday night with a lot of eyes on the new CWS

Will UK get bowl eligible? Will it win an SEC road game for the first time in a while? Will it score another big upset at home in the new CWS?

I have to think UF will be better coached this year, and they won't overlook UK (not to suggest that they did last year). I'm keeping my expectations tempered after enduring so many near misses against UT when the teams were fairly evenly matched or UT was perceived to be down and vulnerable. They year we finally knocked them off we were bad and had to stick a WR in at QB.

But to DACats initial point, there are indeed several intriguing games and games which will be viewed as a measuring stick.
UF
UT on Halloween (hopefully under the lights with a spirited crowd with the Breeders Cup in town)
Mizzou at home
@USC (early in schedule with Spurrier likely anxious to blow UK out after last year's upset)
UofL at home (will UK need that one for bowl eligibility?)
Auburn on a Thursday night with a lot of eyes on the new CWS

Will UK get bowl eligible? Will it win an SEC road game for the first time in a while? Will it score another big upset at home in the new CWS?
The auburn game is the biggest in years. Why? It give the team A National spot light that they don't have to share with the rest of the SEC. Beat Auburn and its national news that all recruits can watch. Beat Florida and it becomes a byline. We need to win them both but for the program as a whole Thursday game means the most IMHO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT