ADVERTISEMENT

Money May or pac Man..

I'll be rooting for Pac-Man but my head tells me it'll be Floyd.

I'm a huge boxing fan but his is one reason why UFC has overtaken the sport in popularity. Dana White would have forced this fight to have happened when both were in their prime.

I think Floyd is a great fighter, and will probably win, but my lasting image of him will be how he ducked Pac Man for so long. But at least they are going to fight, unlike how Riddick Bowe Ducked Lennox Lewis. I always wanted to see that as well.

I hope the pac man destroys mayweather. He's long over due for an ass kicking. If mayweather somehow wins it won't be by knockout. Mayweather ranks up there with Roy jones for most disliked. If you have never heard the song Roy james did check it out, it will make you wish you were deaf. I like Freddie roach a lot as well and think he's a great trainer. What's sad is many basically decided on a 60/40 spilt in favor of mayweather getting the bigger piece. I hope this fight is similar to the ass whooping de la Hoya laid down on Vargas when he went running his mouth.

I think Floyd is a great fighter, and will probably win, but my lasting image of him will be how he ducked Pac Man for so long. But at least they are going to fight, unlike how Riddick Bowe Ducked Lennox Lewis. I always wanted to see that as well.

Actually, Freddie Roach just did an interview with Jalen Rose where he said the fight didn't happen because of the Olympic drug testing for the last 4 years and finally Manny has gotten over his fear of needles and so that's why it's only been the last year that the fight could realistically happen. Admitted it was totally on them. So that sounds to me like Pac was doping and isn't anymore or he is clinically insane to not be willing to take the Olympic style testing for superstitious reasons and passing on a 100 million dollar take home. Floyd was never ducking anybody and he will beat up Pac bad. Only shot Pac has to connect a lucky a left hand.

I hope the pac man destroys mayweather. He's long over due for an ass kicking. If mayweather somehow wins it won't be by knockout. Mayweather ranks up there with Roy jones for most disliked. If you have never heard the song Roy james did check it out, it will make you wish you were deaf. I like Freddie roach a lot as well and think he's a great trainer. What's sad is many basically decided on a 60/40 spilt in favor of mayweather getting the bigger piece. I hope this fight is similar to the ass whooping de la Hoya laid down on Vargas when he went running his mouth.
I don't follow boxing closely, so why is Mayweather disliked? He seems like a nice guy in any interview I've seen.

Actually, Freddie Roach just did an interview with Jalen Rose where he said the fight didn't happen because of the Olympic drug testing for the last 4 years and finally Manny has gotten over his fear of needles and so that's why it's only been the last year that the fight could realistically happen. Admitted it was totally on them. So that sounds to me like Pac was doping and isn't anymore or he is clinically insane to not be willing to take the Olympic style testing for superstitious reasons and passing on a 100 million dollar take home. Floyd was never ducking anybody and he will beat up Pac bad. Only shot Pac has to connect a lucky a left hand.
The argument can be made that the Mayweather camp knew that, and thats why the olympic style testing was demanded. If floyd wanted the fight, he would have made it happen.

Not much of a boxing fan anymore and to be honest I have seen maybe two of Mayweather's fights. To me, he is a complete punk but so was Tyson and many other boxers before him. Selfishly, I want to see him win this fight because it would cement his spot as one of the all time greats in boxing history. Something no one else of my generation has done in boxing mainly due to its decline and the UFC's rise.

Pac has a punchers chance, but just think Mayweather has too much skill and a big chip on his shoulders to prove all of the "haters" and folks who feel he has ducked Pac all these years.

By no means is this going to be one of the all time great fights. Its way overpriced and overhyped, but its all boxing has right now.

Mayweather is one of the most boring fighters I have ever seen. He plays it safe, holds, and is concerned with the point system; not really trying to knock a guy out or punish him. I hope he loses.

$100 for this fight is too much. Luckily I got a buddy that's going in with me on it. I hope Pac wins, but I don't feel like he will. This is boxing anything can and will happen. I watched Foreman beat Axl Schultz cough, cough.

I have been a diehard Pacquiao fan since his first televised fight against Ledwaba. I would be pulling for him as hard as I pull for UK.

As a long time boxing fan, a few years ago, this had the feel of Sugar Ray Leonard / Roberto Duran fight, now it is more like George Foreman / Larry Homes. Fight is waayyyy past it peak level of interest for me. I will pay to watch it, but I did tell people who are coming over, you are not watching for free, you come over if you like. I will be a great host, and even splurge for HD, but bring cash.

Funny how fights like these bring out all the "casuals" who really have no idea what they're talking about. Boxing just seems like one of those things that all men feel obligated to BS about, even if they know they don't have a clue what they're talking about...

As for the fight- it's as close to a 50/50 fight as you'll see on the elite level. Mayweather fights southpaws distinctly different than he fights conventional fighters (you won't see the shoulder roll or the jab to the body in this fight) and he's had trouble getting away from straight left-hands moreso than any punch in his career (watch the Zab Judah fight to see what I'm referring to). And Pacquiao has one of the quickest and most powerful lefthands the sport has ever seen, so anyone dismissing his chances in this fight is simply clueless.

Still- Floyd has shown a remarkable ability in his career to make mid-fight adjustments... and Pacquiao is relentless and impossible to discourage no matter how many sharp counters he gets hit with. Should be an incredible fight, and as I said before I truly think it's 50/50.

My heart says Manny.
My brain says Gayweather.

I really hope Pacquiao knocks him out, but I just don't see it happening with Mayweather dancing, running, and jabbing all fight. I wish this fight happened 6 years ago..

It's rare you see as many knockouts in these lower weight classes due to not having the heavyweight power but either way, I doubt you will see one anyhow. Money is one of the best defensive fighters of all time. People say that it's a cop out and he's afraid to get hit, no, it's smart. Ali was the same way. They are smart fighters. Defend, defend, defend, then punish you.

Pac is good, but Mayweather is one of the top 3 pound for pound fighters that I've ever seen. Ali is of course, The Greatest ever, but pound for pound, Mayweather and Roy Jones Jr, are neck and neck.

People talk about this and how it would've been better had it happened 5 or 6 years ago. Of course, I would have loved to have seen it then but in boxing, it seems like all of the best fights come in the twilights of a champion's career.

^ Ali isn't the best ever.

Sugar Ray Robinson is the indisputable #1 fighter of all time... only guy who comes close to him is Harry Greb. Ali is 3rd greatest ever, at best.

Mayweather is probably borderline Top-25ish at the moment... Pacquiao, too. RJJ would be 10-15 spots behind both of them.

ADVERTISEMENT