ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell 0 for his last 12 from 3p

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Hasn’t hit one since the last time we played Arky.

We had seven guys in double figures today. Mitchell’s shots were basically turnovers. Now that he’s back, he needs to realize there are a lot better offensive options than himself. Hell, DJ was 4-5 from downtown today.

I hope as a senior leader that Tre can defer to these other dudes going forward.

We had seven guys in double figures today. Mitchell’s shots were basically turnovers. Now that he’s back, he needs to realize there are a lot better offensive options than himself. Hell, DJ was 4-5 from downtown today.

I hope as a senior leader that Tre can defer to these other dudes going forward.
In that one possession he showed no desire to do that.

- He doesn't deserve to start anymore.
- He shouldn't be in the 8 man rotation.

Ivisic/Bradshaw
Edwards/Theiro
Reeves
Dillingham
Shep/DJ

It's time to stop tinkering with the ****ing line-ups and go with what has been working.

His injuries have slowed him down immensely. Looks like he’s lost his mojo. I was asking Cal to get him out, but he let him play too long today. Hope he gets his shot back.
Lost his fire, IMO. His basketball career is just about done.

Reactions: gharding07
Nothing really against tre.. he held us down early on when our star freshman were awful.. but now that we have had several guys emerge, we just don't need him as much. Unfortunately guys like Edwards and Thiero and BigZ are getting better and better.

Reactions: EliteBlue
- He doesn't deserve to start anymore.
- He shouldn't be in the 8 man rotation.

Ivisic/Bradshaw
Edwards/Theiro
Reeves
Dillingham
Shep/DJ

It's time to stop tinkering with the ****ing line-ups and go with what has been working.
Yep, those guys above deserve the bulk of the minutes. Give Mitchell some backup minutes for those guys at the 4.

Guys get out of synch when they miss for injury. He will be fine, but right now we have better options.

That’s kinda what I’m saying though. Somebody needs to tell Tre. He’s still playing like he’s “the guy”. He’s not.

Mitchell wasn’t ready to come in and start today….

One way to assure he defers is to cut his minutes significantly.
If he comes in and plays well in a game then in that game you give him more minutes.
Just play the hot hand.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
One way to assure he defers is to cut his minutes significantly.
If he comes in and plays well in a game then in that game you give him more minutes.
Just play the hot hand.
Yep.

We’ve got 10 guys, play who gets hot.

We do not need Mitchell getting 35 minutes every game.

That’s why he got hurt, IMHO. Too many minutes.

He shouldn’t be playing a lot of minutes now.

I’m not sure if he needs to be taken completely out of the rotation like some are suggesting. But yes his minutes need to go down until his light comes back on..

No doubt he was rusty today after missing 3 weeks.
But because of that he shouldn't have attempted more than one 3 today.

He's gonna be needed in a game or several down the stretch and into the tournament. Ya'll should know by now just giving up on someone struggling is never to the benifit of either him or the team.

Hard to grasp how he's playing now verses the 1st part of the season.

We have vandy so one more feel good type game to get him back in it. After that it's a war every game.

Tbh i think he hurt us a lot early. Dude would hit 1 three and then shoot 5 more and start ball hogging. While playing zero defense and not rebounding that well

We’re better without him imo
I gotta disagree. He was the only big UK had and I thought he played pretty well the first 10-12 games.

Seems disconnected on the floor now.

Reactions: DreadLox
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT