ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Barnhart: "I didn't get in this business to finish last."

"A little-bit competitive". Certainly what I always want in the way of a coach. Wouldn't want a coach that was really competitive.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
Mitch is a good AD. He’s done a good job with improving all the sports at the university. But he is very out of touch with this fan base and what they desire from the men’s basketball program. He was a better if not saying anything.
Youre Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Mitch kept repeating all that Cal accomplished his first 8 years here.

I've not seen anyone toss the cold, hard facts in either one of their faces over the last five years and have Cal or Mitch answer for each one of those in turn.

Don't listen to what they say. Pay attention to what they actually do. For whatever reason - maybe it is the millions Cal is owed - but they are gaslighting the fan base.

Next year is going to be miserable.
This^^^^^
Our spineless media allowed Mitch to shout them down and shut them up with HIS talking points.

Not one media member asked him how he was going to justify Cal's performance over the most recent 5 years instead of allowing MB to regurgitate Cal's record for the FIRST 5-6 years.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
The problem is that neither Mitch nor Cal care enough to take a step back and say "OK, this isn't working, let me try this instead". Instead, they're both more interested in recycling the same approach so they be there to say "I told you so" when/if it works out again.

Yes, other big programs have hit dry spells but none that I can recall where it's been 5 years or more since advancing to the second weekend. If they do a 1-3 year stretch where they lost out in the first or second round, there's usually been a NC or multiple final fours that have been within a few years before it.

UNC, Duke, Florida, Kansas, UConn, Villanova, all have at least 2 championships in the past 20 years. UCONN having 4, UNC having 3. In the past 25 years Duke has 3 and UCONN has 5 (could be 6).
We seem to be the only big program that wants to cry and point out how hard it is to win a championship in "x" amount of time, all to just make excuses for Cal.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
He doesn’t want to finish last but middle of the pack is fine with him. He’s trashed our bb program. Cal wasn’t the problem barney was and has been. From the Bcg hire to the terrible contract the guy has killed Kentucky basketball. You will see fans become even more apathetic with this hire of drew. Zero excitement to get him through the transition process. He will be on the hot seat this time next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT