ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi beach suggestions.

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Going to spend a few days in New Orleans in July. Looking to spend a day on the beach on the way back through Mississippi.

Looking for just a quiet, non-tourist beach to hang on for a day.

Any suggestions for around the Gulfport and Biloxi areas?

Thanks.

The closer you get to Florida the better.

We go to Bay St Louis often, but only because it's the closest. Beaches are underwhelming but nearly empty. They actually have a few nice waterfront bars now too.

I hear Biloxi is a little better, and you've got outlet malls (for better or worse).

Look up the blind tiger in Bay St louis. Cool little bar/shack. Great food. Very low key.

If you're looking for quiet this will do it. You won't be overly impressed with the beach, but it won't be crowded at all.

We adjusted auto claims for Mississippi at the Allstate office in Louisville, my advice on Mississippi will forever be only go there if you have to and leave as soon and as quickly as possible. That state is a hole of poverty and desperation.

If you want a quiet lace for a relaxing night on the beach check out Dauphin Island Alabama. Quietest beach on the Gulf by far, but that has to be what you're looking for.

Wife and the in-laws just spent a week at Orange Beach / Gulf Shores Alabama, once they got home they did nothing but rave about it. Not too crowded, and just enough to do outside of the beach to keep the kids happy.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have never in my life heard of anyone wanting to go on vacation to a Mississippi Beach. No idea where a great location would be. Go to Gulf Shores Alabama that would be the closest I know of.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have never in my life heard of anyone wanting to go on vacation to a Mississippi Beach. No idea where a great location would be. Go to Gulf Shores Alabama that would be the closest I know of.

Don't sweat it.

A Mississippi beach is not the priority.

Going to be in New Orleans for a few days, and the wife was just wanting to spend a day on a beach somewhere.

The Biloxi/Gulfport area is right on the way on the trip back, and thought it would convenient to stop somewhere there.

Didn't want to drive too much out of the way to Florida.

We usually go to the Pensacola/Fort Walton/Destin area. Love the beaches there.

ADVERTISEMENT