Miracle7s Roster

Gurards: Steph Curry, Derrick Rose, Jrue Holiday, Avery Bradley
Wings: Kevin Love, Paul Pierce, Trevor Ariza, Josh Smith, Jae Crowder
Bigs: Tim Duncan, Al Horford, Hassan Whiteside

Aike Roster

Guards: Chris Paul, George Hill, D'Angelo Russell, CJ McCollum
Wings: Gordon Hayward, Demarre Carroll, Danillo Gallinari, Al-Faroqu Aminu
Bigs: Taj Gibson, Noah Vonleh, Andre Drummond, Tyson Chandler

Catpaw says: Both teams have 0 former UK players. Therefor both teams forfeit and the guy who would have played the winner of this match-up gets an unexpected BYE in the 3rd round.

Advantage: Dude who gets a BYE in the 3rd round.

OK, the goal is best team now and in the future (next several years). Let's analyze Miracle 7s roster:

Steph Curry = stud now and in the future
Derrick Rose = great player who is a walking injury and may never be the same
Jrue Holiday = solid player. 1 time all star in the east. Not what the Pelicans were hoping for, but jury is out
Avery Bradley = pretty much an undersized 2/combo guy. Solid defender. OK

Kevin Love = Nice best player for a mediocre team. Third option...not sure.
Paul Pierce = old as dirt and almost through. We are building for future, remember?
Trevor Ariza = solid career role player
Josh Smith = has played half a season with his head on straight
Jae Crowder = solid glue guy, little undersized

Tim Duncan = obviously an all time great, but next to done like Pierce
Al Horford = good enough
Hassan Whiteside = showed out for a partial season on a bad team. Historically a head case.

My opinion...they can win today. They are also riddled with injury and chemistry issues. Curry is the only shooter they have going forward. Ariza and Bradley are adequate, but not deadeye. If Whiteside melts down in the next few years, then they are left with nothing but Horford in the post long term.

Overall decent team, but I don't think they can be expected to hold up long term, or shoot the ball adequately in today's NBA.

My Roster:

Chris Paul: Stud today with probably 2-3 elite years left
George Hill: Near all star level pg. Younger than Paul
D'Angelo Russell: 19 and the best pg/combo prospect in the league
CJ McCollum: Broke out in 2015 playoffs, averaging 25+ over last 3 games. Only 23 years old.

Gordon Hayward: Budding superstar at the 3. Only better offensive threes are Lebron and a healthy George.
Demarre Carroll: Just awarded 4 year $60 mil by the Raptors. That should tell the story.
Danillo Gallinari: Similar player to Hayward, but with more length. Can play 2-4. I would start him at the 4 to stretch the floor.
Al-farouq Aminu: High energy, defense, and slashing. Blazers just gave him 30 mil over 4 years. Pretty cool that 2 of my wings were the first free agents locked in.

Andre Drummond: Top 5 post player in the league right now. Only 21 with a world of upside.
Tyson Chandler: Mr. Efficiency on both offense and defense. Perfect mentor for Drummond, and used to playing with CP3 when they had that nice team in NO.
Taj Gibson: Bruiser off the bench at the 4 who can put it in the hole.
Noah Vonleh: Project with great measurables and good numbers in limited minutes. Only 19 years old.

Today, this game would be a toss up. Going forward, I like my team a lot better. I have offense and defense at every spot, with a bunch of interchangeable guys who can guard multiple positions. Several glue guys, one super star, and a handful of guys with super star potential.

My average roster age is 25. The average for my guards is 25. Average age for my wings is 25. Average age for my bigs is 25. I like my team.

I'd say your analysis is a little one sided there wouldn't you? You mention my old banged up guys, but don't say a word about Danillo Gallinari having missed more games than he's played in his career, George Hill missed half of last year, Taj Gibson is constantly battling injuries. You also mention my team couldn't shoot the ball, having Curry, Pierce, and Love on the floor would be incredible shooting and Curry and Pierce may be the two best clutch shooters currently in the league.

I don't feel the need to get to much more into it as I'm already up 6-1 so to everyone else it's also pretty clear. I like my team in the now and in the future. There's a reason I grabbed Pierce and Duncan, to win now, and teach my team how to win in the future.

My best guys are healthy. Gallinari is healthy now, and I think he was my 8th pick. I like him, but he is still somewhat expendable with the other guys I have on my roster.

I said you would struggle shooting going forward. Pierce won't be on your roster in the near future.

I look at your roster and see Whiteside and Smith as toxic. I see Duncan and Pierce as finished. I'm not a believer that Rose will be Rose again, and I was never a big believer in Jrue.

I expect you to win the vote easily. The names on your roster look good. I just believe that age, injuries, and attitude will catch up with you pretty quickly.

Reactions: eRUPPtion78
you're having a good draft aike. i had to pick miracles however. i prefer his star players. curry just got the title even though we already started the draft lol. anyway i think they'd have brought more money but you guys both have good rosters.

Reactions: Aike
yeah aike you needed a good matchup as i think there were about 4-5 of you who could have hypothetically won multiple titles the first five years. seriously when i look down the rosters a player like horford saved miracles this round to me. he locks his front court together for several more years. otherwise i like yours much better.

but gibson is underrated in drafts as well as real life. he already peaked probably but i know because i picked him last draft and it didn't help me at all.

OK, the goal is best team now and in the future (next several years). Let's analyze Miracle 7s roster:

Steph Curry = stud now and in the future
Derrick Rose = great player who is a walking injury and may never be the same
Jrue Holiday = solid player. 1 time all star in the east. Not what the Pelicans were hoping for, but jury is out
Avery Bradley = pretty much an undersized 2/combo guy. Solid defender. OK

Kevin Love = Nice best player for a mediocre team. Third option...not sure.
Paul Pierce = old as dirt and almost through. We are building for future, remember?
Trevor Ariza = solid career role player
Josh Smith = has played half a season with his head on straight
Jae Crowder = solid glue guy, little undersized

Tim Duncan = obviously an all time great, but next to done like Pierce
Al Horford = good enough
Hassan Whiteside = showed out for a partial season on a bad team. Historically a head case.

My opinion...they can win today. They are also riddled with injury and chemistry issues. Curry is the only shooter they have going forward. Ariza and Bradley are adequate, but not deadeye. If Whiteside melts down in the next few years, then they are left with nothing but Horford in the post long term.

Overall decent team, but I don't think they can be expected to hold up long term, or shoot the ball adequately in today's NBA.

My Roster:

Chris Paul: Stud today with probably 2-3 elite years left
George Hill: Near all star level pg. Younger than Paul
D'Angelo Russell: 19 and the best pg/combo prospect in the league
CJ McCollum: Broke out in 2015 playoffs, averaging 25+ over last 3 games. Only 23 years old.

Gordon Hayward: Budding superstar at the 3. Only better offensive threes are Lebron and a healthy George.
Demarre Carroll: Just awarded 4 year $60 mil by the Raptors. That should tell the story.
Danillo Gallinari: Similar player to Hayward, but with more length. Can play 2-4. I would start him at the 4 to stretch the floor.
Al-farouq Aminu: High energy, defense, and slashing. Blazers just gave him 30 mil over 4 years. Pretty cool that 2 of my wings were the first free agents locked in.

Andre Drummond: Top 5 post player in the league right now. Only 21 with a world of upside.
Tyson Chandler: Mr. Efficiency on both offense and defense. Perfect mentor for Drummond, and used to playing with CP3 when they had that nice team in NO.
Taj Gibson: Bruiser off the bench at the 4 who can put it in the hole.
Noah Vonleh: Project with great measurables and good numbers in limited minutes. Only 19 years old.

Today, this game would be a toss up. Going forward, I like my team a lot better. I have offense and defense at every spot, with a bunch of interchangeable guys who can guard multiple positions. Several glue guys, one super star, and a handful of guys with super star potential.

My average roster age is 25. The average for my guards is 25. Average age for my wings is 25. Average age for my bigs is 25. I like my team.

Aike brother, you sound like Dave Buzz Baker during pregame matchups...
;)

yeah aike you needed a good matchup as i think there were about 4-5 of you who could have hypothetically won multiple titles the first five years. seriously when i look down the rosters a player like horford saved miracles this round to me. he locks his front court together for several more years. otherwise i like yours much better.

but gibson is underrated in drafts as well as real life. he already peaked probably but i know because i picked him last draft and it didn't help me at all.

Yeah, Horford is tough and I would have liked to have had him. But I'll take my chances with a 21 year old Andre Drummond over a 29 year old Horford for the future.

aike has Paul and George at guard, that's half the Beatles lineup. But miracles has Stef Curry with the Ringo! Looking at some of the other matchups, both of these teams will be underdogs moving forward no matter who wins. Good luck, I'm voting for aike

ADVERTISEMENT