ADVERTISEMENT

MCDAA Box Score

Screenshot-2024-04-02-at-11.30.35%E2%80%AFPM.png

Fland was great. Brought his team from way back. He is a smooth player that can shoot and drive. Looked like a high IQ type that actually looks like a natural 1. Good at setting up teammates and passing. Just really impressed with the way he plays. Two others I really liked was Dylan Harper. He is a great player that would have also made a huge impact for us day one. Strong and highly skilled. Derek Queen is an old school 5 that plays with a lot of energy. Maryland got a good one. Flagg played more minutes than anyone. Looks more like a four to me. Not real fluid. Quaintance looked young but I liked the way he fought. May take him a year to take another step up but his body and fight is there.

Fland was great. Brought his team from way back. He is a smooth player that can shoot and drive. Looked like a high IQ type that actually looks like a natural 1. Good at setting up teammates and passing. Just really impressed with the way he plays. Two others I really liked was Dylan Harper. He is a great player that would have also made a huge impact for us day one. Strong and highly skilled. Derek Queen is an old school 5 that plays with a lot of energy. Maryland got a good one. Flagg played more minutes than anyone. Looks more like a four to me. Not real fluid. Quaintance looked young but I liked the way he fought. May take him a year to take another step up but his body and fight is there.
Good observations … I agree with you.

Cooper Flagg is a nice prospect, but nothing we haven’t seen before. A poor man’s Hedo Turkoglu, an impoverished Mike Miller. I think Matt Barnes is a good comp. Solid NBA player with a long career who starts about half the games they play over their career. Not transcendent, not even close to generational.

Cooper Flagg is a nice prospect, but nothing we haven’t seen before. A poor man’s Hedo Turkoglu, an impoverished Mike Miller. I think Matt Barnes is a good comp. Solid NBA player with a long career who starts about half the games they play over their career. Not transcendent, not even close to generational.
Dude is a player from Maine coached by his mom all his life. Total bust, watch.

Dude is a player from Maine coached by his mom all his life. Total bust, watch.
He played a National schedule at Montverde and put up nice numbers, but nothing eye popping. I’m not ready to say bust, but some people are going to be surprised when he’s struggling to shoot 30% from 3 on high volume at Duke. If Filipowski doesn’t return to take the heat off Flagg, the holes in his game are going to get exposed pretty bad. He has many of the same issues Justin Edwards does, but he’s better than Edwards because to Flagg’s credit, he’s willing to mix it up physically quite a bit. Won’t be as easy in college, but it’ll still be part of his game. Whereas Edwards went from top 5 projection to probably mid 2nd, I see Flagg dropping from Top 3 to mid 1st round once people see him against college comp.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Flagg will be a very solid defensive player. He will also put up some highlight dunks. I don't see a lot of offensive skill there yet. I doubt he falls out of the lottery, but I also don't think Duke will be much improved next year over this year.

Sorry but I saw nothing from any of our recruits that makes me believe they are better than experienced players we have seen at other SEC schools that they will face.

It looked to me regarding Flagg that some of his teammates didn't want to share the ball with him. So he was difficult to assess.

Reactions: UK67KU59
Of course you didn't. Even though Fland look real good, Quaintance is a year away maturity wise, but it will pay off in the end. I have been telling anyone who will listen, Karter Knox will surprise the hell out of everyone. He is talked about as a after thought and nobody wants him at UK, a lot of you are going to be really disappointed when he gets here and actually is a contributor from day 1. it just goes to show, SEVERAL on here do not know jack shit about the players coming in, but they sure do have a lot of opinions. (all negative) Actually try and look at things with an open mind, it would help you out a whole lot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT