ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Pope close to his first 2025 commit

Does it seem that Pope is like 100% more into recruiting than what we have been used to? He has contacted so many 25 recruits there is no way to get a beat on who he wants the most. And most of these guys are 4 and 5 stars. On top of that, the reception from the recruits are super positive. They are highly interested because it is UK. Can't think of one guy that has talked about getting to the pro's. They just are impressed it is UK and Pope apparently is doing a great job communicating with them in the right way.
Is it possible some 5 stars do care about champions in March instead of draft status.Its go to be interesting to see what kind of 5 stars Pope lands.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Kentucky sets the standard. I really believe UK with Mark Pope can be selective in who he recruits. If anyone thinks the reason these kids came to UK only because of Cal thats crazy. They came to show their talent on the big stage. No bigger stage than Kentucky.

Kentucky sets the standard. I really believe UK with Mark Pope can be selective in who he recruits. If anyone thinks the reason these kids came to UK only because of Cal thats crazy. They came to show their talent on the big stage. No bigger stage than Kentucky.
Exactly.

Bowie, Walker, Mashburn, Mercer, Prince, Rondo, Patterson, etc. didn’t come here because of Cal.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
I think he will go heavy on Freshmen in ‘25. That class is really good and really deep.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pope gets Johnson, Moreno, Riley, Ament, and Magwood plus a couple more.

With Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, and Noah returning.

Unless someone transfers and/or Coach whiffs on his main targets, I don’t think we will sign very many portal guys.
Kind of think you may be right. Pope is getting such a great reception from so many top players I think he picks out, for instance, around five he really wants to go after hard. We will not have any seniors and only a couple of juniors so I could see him getting around two or three portal guys for the experience and strength they would bring to make sure that our run for a title is not lessened because of lack of strength and experience.

Kind of think you may be right. Pope is getting such a great reception from so many top players I think he picks out, for instance, around five he really wants to go after hard. We will not have any seniors and only a couple of juniors so I could see him getting around two or three portal guys for the experience and strength they would bring to make sure that our run for a title is not lessened because of lack of strength and experience.
Yep.

Expecting maybe he goes after a top notch portal PF to pair with Garrison inside. Oweh brings experience and toughness on the wing. Might add another guard from the portal. Chandler will be a Senior aged Sophomore. That should be enough experience to go with the talented ‘25 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT