ADVERTISEMENT

Matt jones makes a great point about all of this

This. Very few on here have the mental capacity to grasp this.
Semantics. I could give you a couple of ideas to test that free thinking theory, but it doesn't matter. I'll live to fight another battle haha. This thread is an abortion already and I have helped string it along enough now...we are both UK fans my man and that's good enough for me, Go Cats!
Im bored on an amazing Friday afternoon....kicking myself for not taking the day off to play golf!! lol...

Ok. That did it. I'm convinced. When are you putting up the "FAR CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" bill board? You need to get busy writing articles for the university paper. Go on national TV. Get Vitale involved in trying to save Cals career so you can refute him. Warn the recruits to stay away! DO THIS RIGHT MAN!!! We're depending on you. SAVE OUR PROGRAM FROM THIS DEMON!

Now go away.
You Cal apologists are an interesting breed, but you are just dumb I can tell.

I don't disagree with anything you said about Cal and his marketing of the program but I do have to comment on what I do disagree with (because that's what I do). To emphatically state we win the championship if POY doesn't go down is nothing but mere conjecture. Every year we have the "if" this "then" that statement. In 2010 "if" we had beaten West Virginia "Then" no way Duke beats us. In 2011 "if" we beat UCONN "Then" we win the title against Butler. In 2014, we had everyone and made it to the title game and lost so nothing really to dwell on there but now the "if" game for 2015 is POY. We simply don't know what would have happened "if" but we do know without certain what did happen "when".

That's very very true....it is conjecture....but damn we were an even better team with him.

That's very very true....it is conjecture....but damn we were an even better team with him.
Right - it is conjecture, but he was holding his man to what - 12% shooting, on the year, I believe? Holy crap, would that have been helpful on Dekker.

Reactions: AbsoluteCats
Never heard so much bickering in my life. Are all of you people Kentucky fans? Apparently its ok to some fans to do anything or say anything as long as we get to some final fours. Final fours mean nothing to me, championship games mean nothing, unless we win. I want Kentucky to win every year, and I am disappointed when we don't. One thing about Cal, he is the best recruiter we have EVER thought about having for a head coach. He has brought in the best crop of players EVER for the years he's been here. I think he should have at least 2 and maybe 3 championships in this time frame, so I can understand people who want to fuss and complain. THEY'RE FANS! Without a doubt we have won the recruiting wars over the Cal era, Kentuckys tradition helped with that. He had some great recruiting years at UMass and Memphis as well, which brings up my second point, coaching. You would think that with all the #1 ranked teams he has had there would be more than one championship. Maybe he is not the best bench coach, and that's OK his record is outstanding and we should win at least 25-30 games every year he is here. We had great teams before him and we will have great teams after he is gone, hopefully many years from now. I am 64 years old and have put a lot of emotions and feelings into the Wildcats since I was a little boy so I feel like I have as much right to the team as anyone! So if anyone disagrees FINE, I don't care. Don't tell me to go root for another team or I might tell you to kiss it where the sun don't shine. I am a Cat fan not a coach or player fan! Give me championships, I don't care how many go to NBA!

Never heard so much bickering in my life. Are all of you people Kentucky fans? Apparently its ok to some fans to do anything or say anything as long as we get to some final fours. Final fours mean nothing to me, championship games mean nothing, unless we win. I want Kentucky to win every year, and I am disappointed when we don't. One thing about Cal, he is the best recruiter we have EVER thought about having for a head coach. He has brought in the best crop of players EVER for the years he's been here. I think he should have at least 2 and maybe 3 championships in this time frame, so I can understand people who want to fuss and complain. THEY'RE FANS! Without a doubt we have won the recruiting wars over the Cal era, Kentuckys tradition helped with that. He had some great recruiting years at UMass and Memphis as well, which brings up my second point, coaching. You would think that with all the #1 ranked teams he has had there would be more than one championship. Maybe he is not the best bench coach, and that's OK his record is outstanding and we should win at least 25-30 games every year he is here. We had great teams before him and we will have great teams after he is gone, hopefully many years from now. I am 64 years old and have put a lot of emotions and feelings into the Wildcats since I was a little boy so I feel like I have as much right to the team as anyone! So if anyone disagrees FINE, I don't care. Don't tell me to go root for another team or I might tell you to kiss it where the sun don't shine. I am a Cat fan not a coach or player fan! Give me championships, I don't care how many go to NBA!

You are just 64 years of built up dumb. We all want championships, getting mad over a person's personal belief's and values is very selfish, especially if the guy is performing well.

Do you think Cal's personal priorities cost wins? Helped us win? Have no effect wither way?

His remarks were dumb. I think most would agree if they were honest. However I think the most troubling part is how some of the posters on here act towards other catfans that fairly criticize some of his goofy statements.
Yeah the wins etc are nice, but that doesn't mean he is above reproach. I'm over what he said, but I think it's childish to bash other fans for disagreeing with what the coach says.

Some of you act like Cal is God and it's nauseating as hell!

Has nothing to do with that for me. I criticized him for a couple of major losses including this year.

What is nauseating is grown men crying over another man's personal beliefs and values. I'll ask you, does his values win us or lose us games?

His remarks were dumb. I think most would agree if they were honest. However I think the most troubling part is how some of the posters on here act towards other catfans that fairly criticize some of his goofy statements.
Yeah the wins etc are nice, but that doesn't mean he is above reproach. I'm over what he said, but I think it's childish to bash other fans for disagreeing with what the coach says.

So this is your personal belief? Is it our place to determine if your beliefs are dumb?

You seem to think Cal's values and beliefs are goofy, who are you to judge a guy with his success?

Well then I guess that those who have continually got on their high horse & preached that Cal is talking to recruits when he says this & anyone who couldn't see that is an idiot.......well, they didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
Must be a bit humbling....

Yes, I am sure that is the one and only place Cal has said this. We all know Cal never repeats himself. :rolleyes:

Like I was saying the difference is he is employed by Iheartradio and the stations that broadcast his show. He is being told what to say by UK....and is fitting the agenda he is provided.

Yes my boss says here review these financials and tell me your findings. But the manager of the department does not tell me what to make the financials say. Big difference in being a free thinking employee and a puppet/mouthpiece.

You have UK confused with Lil Brother. Jurich is the one who controls the local media. MJ said today that he has tried numerous times to get him off the air. If you listen to his show and you think UK is telling them what to say, you are either a conspiracy nut, or just dumb.

I guess the difference between me and lots of other posters is that you guys are good with final fours, me, I feel that we need to close the dea loccasionally when the talent gap is overwhelming.

Did you sleep through 2012? Please explain to those of us too stupid to understand (you can use small words and type slowly if you must), how the one and out format of the NCAA is conducive to winning the title despite having "an overwhelming gap" in talent.

Reactions: Brando Mac
You are just 64 years of built up dumb. We all want championships, getting mad over a person's personal belief's and values is very selfish, especially if the guy is performing well.

Do you think Cal's personal priorities cost wins? Helped us win? Have no effect wither way?
Brian I could call you a dumbass but I won't! All I worry about is who wins the final game. His priorities don't really matter to me, just results. Truthfully I think his coaching is nowhere near the best!

Maybe one day I will research this, but I would bet that in MANY years, probably most, the team with the #1 class does not win it all. And by the way Duke had the #1 class last year, not us. Also, I guess Rupp is the only UK coach to satisfy you since he's the only one with multiple titles. And even then he only won 4 in 40 yrs. What a bum.

BTW, next time maybe incorporate some paragraphs in your missives to make them easier to read. Please and thank you.

If there are any actual UK fans who feel this way, I pray your consciousness is transfered to some alternate dimension where Cal leaves and we get Travis Ford or some shit, and are lucky to sniff a Final 4 every 20 years.

Did you sleep through 2012? Please explain to those of us too stupid to understand (you can use small words and type slowly if you must), how the one and out format of the NCAA is conducive to winning the title despite having "an overwhelming gap" in talent.
Silence, you can talk one and done all you want, keep apologizing for everything Cal says and does, jump off the bridge with him buddy. Bottom line is, I like Cal and I still believe that he can accomplish great things here, and has already accomplished great things. However, I will say it until I am blue in the face, he has underachieved during his time here in relation to the talent he has brought in. Now, you keep on being a smarty pants or whatever makes you feel cool in front of your friends, but denying what I just said makes you an the others look dumb.

Silence, you can talk one and done all you want, keep apologizing for everything Cal says and does, jump off the bridge with him buddy. Bottom line is, I like Cal and I still believe that he can accomplish great things here, and has already accomplished great things. However, I will say it until I am blue in the face, he has underachieved during his time here in relation to the talent he has brought in. Now, you keep on being a smarty pants or whatever makes you feel cool in front of your friends, but denying what I just said makes you an the others look dumb.

How old are you? Seriously? If you are older than 16, I am embarrassed for you. Anyone with any life experiences at all knows better than what you have been saying. Saying Cal has underachieved is easily the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. It's not even close. Lil Brother and UNCheat fans aren't even that clueless. Also, you keep typing Silence. Read much?

How old are you? Seriously? If you are older than 16, I am embarrassed for you. Anyone with any life experiences at all knows better than what you have been saying. Saying Cal has underachieved is easily the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. It's not even close. Lil Brother and UNCheat fans aren't even that clueless. Also, you keep typing Silence. Read much?
lol.....I would hate to be so illiterate, bash Cal some more like you did after the Wisconsin game, you are not fooling anyone

You Cal apologists are an interesting breed, but you are just dumb I can tell.
Apologize for what, you Mt. Everest of a moron? 190 wins in 6 years, 22 of them in the NCAA Tournament, 4 banners hung (because your idiot ass may not care about FF's, but most people do- which is why they hang banners for them), and A NATIONAL TITLE, all of 3 years ago?

Yeah, anybody who wants to cut Cal some slack needs to apologize for that.

Or maybe, just maybe, you either A: need to apologize for being a fake-ass fan, or B: need to apologize for being an ingrate jackass with absolutely 0 perspective.

If, IF, you really are a UK fan, then I think it's one of the all-time great burns that Cal poked you right in the eye with what he's been saying. Maybe, if he pokes hard enough, you'll vanish the same way you did while UK was winning 38 freaking games in a row last season.

Maybe one day I will research this, but I would bet that in MANY years, probably most, the team with the #1 class does not win it all. And by the way Duke had the #1 class last year, not us. Also, I guess Rupp is the only UK coach to satisfy you since he's the only one with multiple titles. And even then he only won 4 in 40 yrs. What a bum.

BTW, next time maybe incorporate some paragraphs in your missives to make them easier to read. Please and thank you.
Rupp, Joe B., and Pitino were all good coaches that won titles with much less talent. Rupp won 4 titles in 40 years! Isn't that one title every ten years? How many titles does our current coach have in his years of coaching, not just at Kentucky.. Lets see if your math brilliance is as good as your English.

lol.....I would hate to be so illiterate, bash Cal some more like you did after the Wisconsin game, you are not fooling anyone

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29842-1355938348-22_zpstnpqwjn4.gif

Apologize for what, you Mt. Everest of a moron? 190 wins in 6 years, 22 of them in the NCAA Tournament, 4 banners hung (because your idiot ass may not care about FF's, but most people do- which is why they hang banners for them), and A NATIONAL TITLE, all of 3 years ago?

Yeah, anybody who wants to cut Cal some slack needs to apologize for that.

Or maybe, just maybe, you either A: need to apologize for being a fake-ass fan, or B: need to apologize for being an ingrate jackass with absolutely 0 perspective.

If, IF, you really are a UK fan, then I think it's one of the all-time great burns that Cal poked you right in the eye with what he's been saying. Maybe, if he pokes hard enough, you'll vanish the same way you did while UK was winning 38 freaking games in a row last season.
lol.....u sound like a 5 year old babbling. Keep crying punk, just another keyboard warrior.

Rupp, Joe B., and Pitino were all good coaches that won titles with much less talent. Rupp won 4 titles in 40 years! Isn't that one title every ten years? How many titles does our current coach have in his years of coaching, not just at Kentucky.. Lets see if your math brilliance is as good as your English.

Wait, I didn't know there would be math. Let me take off my shoes. Ok.....carry the one......um, one?

Now, how many titles does Izzo have in 19 yrs? How many titles does Boeheim have in 38 years? I love how Cal's ability to get top recruits every year is used against him because he's too incompetent to dominate a single elimination tournament every year.

Brian I could call you a dumbass but I won't! All I worry about is who wins the final game. His priorities don't really matter to me, just results. Truthfully I think his coaching is nowhere near the best!

No kidding Gravy, you have been critical of Cal often, and I have agreed with you a few times because I thought you were spot on.

I just don't see why folks care about the man's personal values. Unless you feel they are interfering with his production. And if you say you don't care, then what is the complaining about?

And, I only have 46 years of dumb, I'll be a total idiot by 64! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: Graves51
lol.....u sound like a 5 year old babbling. Keep crying punk, just another keyboard warrior.

Easy JoeJoe.

Tell us, do you think if Cal would declare "Titles 1st and NBA draft 2nd" we would have more championships?

which tells me a lot. He says that Cal said what he said and had no idea it would get out; he also says that there is no way that Cal said it as a recruiting pitch. Had Drew Franklin not tweeted it out, nobody would have known this was said. Sorry Cal disciples, but this is truly how Cal feels.

Please start or even go back to rooting for UL. If you don't like Cal, don't like winning, don't like our players realizing their dreams then....please go find a team that's more suited for you.

Seems like every time I read an assanine and baiting post it has your name attached to it. Coincidence?

Last edited:
I don't care if this is how Cal "truly feels."

Not even a little. You ain't winning without top recruits. Top recruits usually aspire to play in the NBA.

This fanbase looks for reasons to get butthurt so much it's comical, although I'm sure we can find a guy who only cares about winning like Tubby or BCG if the OP really wants to go that route.

2014- Mercer 78, Duke 71
2013- Louisville 85, Duke 63
2012- Lehigh 75, Duke 70
2011- Arizona 93, Duke 77
2009- Villanova 77, Duke 54
2008- West Virginia 73, Duke 67
2007- VCU 79, Duke 77

Edit, I thought this douche had already been canned mj.

Is this a joke? The 96 team, you know, pitino's NC team, is generally regarded as one of the most talented teams EVER! And Joe B was criticized roundly by UK fans for not winning with all the great talent he had.

And by your math, Cal still is on track to match coach Rupp. One title evry 10 years right? How long has Cal been here?

Four FINAL FOURS in 5 years. Two NC games with one NC. Beat your team, ul, 7 out of the last 8. Go back to your ul board.

Reactions: brianpoe
Sounds like Big Blew Nation is getting it's tidy whities in a bunch again

I hear you dukies know all about those tidy whities. I'm guessing you didn't pass muster for the power point or video productions either?

I dunno, I might be a bit harsh. Maybe that cake walk has you exhausted.

(I'm guessing he doesn't get it)

ADVERTISEMENT