ADVERTISEMENT

Matt jones makes a great point about all of this

An idiot with a law degree from Duke (ranked 8th in the nation in law schools). What you got?
None of that changes the fact he is a D-bag idiot....for the record 3 degrees in 4 years...and happy not being a scumbag d-bag attorney.

At the end of the day...the number or where a persons "degrees" are from do not make the person. He actually must have fit in well at duke with the arrogance and self-righteousness he presents himself with.

In addition its pretty easy to tell he has sold out to the $$$ and is now nothing more than a puppet.

Last edited:
Coach Cal's job is simply that. He is the coach of the University of Kentucky. He will coach how he wants to coach, and based on the results we have received from him, he can coach how he wants to coach at UK for many more years if he so chooses, regardless of his motives for coaching.
He says the exact same thing every year, hell, he wrote a book called "Players First". Obviously if he can write a book about it, it must be of great importance to him.
I'll take Cal over slick Rick (who told fans to get a life and held little regard for the fans of the school), or Tubby (who said his goal was to win national titles every year, so much for that), or even Billy G (Who was only worried about himself and how the program looked under him, blatantly disregarded the players otherwise).
Calipari's method of coaching brought UK back to what UK is supposed to be, and in dramatic fashion. If you want to complain about his coaching, then you need to complain about the results he has posted as well, and if you can complain about the results he has posted, you need to stop watching college ball, because you won't find better since he arrived at UK.

None of that changes the fact he is a D-bag idiot....for the record 3 degrees in 4 years...and happy not being a scumbag d-bag attorney.

At the end of the day...the number or where a persons "degrees" are from do not make the person. He actually must have fit in well at duke with the arrogance and self-righteousness he presents himself with.

In addition its pretty easy to tell he has sold out to the $$$ and is now nothing more than a puppet.

persons - person's

ended a sentence with a preposition

In addition its.... - In addition, it's

3 degrees you say?

I love the success Cal has had here, but I just think we could go without some of the comments he makes. And those "rednecks" have and will be part of this fan base STILL supporting these CATS and UNIVERSITY long after Calipari is gone.

Reactions: thebluestripes

when did anyone ever claim that the degree reflected on his character? They just said if you have one from Duke, you're probably not an idiot.

images

Ned Stark's beheading was a true tragedy.

which tells me a lot. He says that Cal said what he said and had no idea it would get out; he also says that there is no way that Cal said it as a recruiting pitch. Had Drew Franklin not tweeted it out, nobody would have known this was said. Sorry Cal disciples, but this is truly how Cal feels.
I don't care if that really IS the way Cal feels, as long as he is putting the product on the floor that he has been since his time here at UK.
IF and WHEN we start putting a lot of players in the draft, but aren't regularly in contention for the title, then I might start to complain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jkwo
So kyups01... By your logic a University should measure success not by graduation rate but the "prestige of the university?" Academic programs should not measure success rate of graduates passing professional examinations but always keep in mind the "University First." Or, better yet they should never market graduates/job placement rates... Seriously? Is not he purpose of each of these institutions to provide education AND opportunity? Why would not having the BEST INTEREST of your PLAYERS be the very thing a coach should do? Rather than USING the player, such a novel concept...
No, myself (along with others that I know) think that it's a bit disrepectful to the fans and people who live and breath Kentucky basketball by saying his goal isn't to win what ALL NCAA teams play for which is a National Championship but to get players drafted.

Well then I guess that those who have continually got on their high horse & preached that Cal is talking to recruits when he says this & anyone who couldn't see that is an idiot.......well, they didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
Must be a bit humbling....

He sold out for the $$? I assume you work for the love of working. That's admirable.

Try to keep in mind, in some capacity, everybody is a puppet of some sort.

Yeah, but in fairness, he never claimed any of the three were degrees in English.
Accounting, Management, Entrepreneurship..... I ain't no English major :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:....besides its a FN message board....But you go grammar police!!

Last edited:
I love the success Cal has had here, but I just think we could go without some of the comments he makes. And those "rednecks" have and will be part of this fan base STILL supporting these CATS and UNIVERSITY long after Calipari is gone.
So what? Supporting how?

UK and its basketball program will be around long after those "rednecks" are gone.

Well then I guess that those who have continually got on their high horse & preached that Cal is talking to recruits when he says this & anyone who couldn't see that is an idiot.......well, they didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
Must be a bit humbling....
And the people who asked "Why do you care about quotes like this as long as he's putting out as good a product as we've ever had with kids who are getting good grades and staying out of trouble?" are still waiting for an answer.

So what? Supporting how?

UK and its basketball program will be around long after those "rednecks" are gone.
I'm just saying that Calipari isn't bigger than the program at least to me anyway. Just because he says something doesn't mean is Gospel or I have to believe it. If u want to that is fine. But I'm tired of the whole "players first" garbage and I'm not the only one.

He sold out for the $$? I assume you work for the love of working. That's admirable.

Try to keep in mind, in some capacity, everybody is a puppet of some sort.

The sold out for the $$$ has to do with the way his tone/message has changed over the years....

How does working for a living make you a puppet? Oh wait...it does not.....He's a puppet for the university because they now control everything he says....The same way he controls everything Ryan says....kind of ironic since he crushes UL/Tommy Turtleneck and the UL media for that same thing.

I wish I had thought of the KSR website and show....its a great idea....I give him credit for that. But he is no longer a "fan" running a website/show....he is now a part of the athletic department

which tells me a lot. He says that Cal said what he said and had no idea it would get out; he also says that there is no way that Cal said it as a recruiting pitch. Had Drew Franklin not tweeted it out, nobody would have known this was said. Sorry Cal disciples, but this is truly how Cal feels.

Ok. That did it. I'm convinced. When are you putting up the "FAR CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" bill board? You need to get busy writing articles for the university paper. Go on national TV. Get Vitale involved in trying to save Cals career so you can refute him. Warn the recruits to stay away! DO THIS RIGHT MAN!!! We're depending on you. SAVE OUR PROGRAM FROM THIS DEMON!

Now go away.

Reactions: mapcatfan
It's basic business philosophy really. Take care of your employees and customers (players and fans) and the bottom-line results (our record) will follow. If we have 8 players drafted it probably means we had a hell of a team and good results.

I'm just saying that Calipari isn't bigger than the program at least to me anyway. Just because he says something doesn't mean is Gospel or I have to believe it. If u want to that is fine. But I'm tired of the whole "players first" garbage and I'm not the only one.
Who has said he's bigger than the program?

I swear to God, you guys are acting like we have a Pitino or Knight type scandal here, that we're torn between allegiances.

He's performing as well as any coach we've ever had, and his biggest black mark is a quote about his personal philosophy in coaching that some of our fans disagree with?

And you act like you're a broke nun on the street who is forced to choose between prostitution and starvation.

THERE IS NO MUTUAL EXCLUSIVITY. CAL HAS ONLY BROUGHT UK VASTLY ABOVE AVERAGE SUCCESS WITH ZERO OFF THE COURT TROUBLE.

How many damn times can this be hammered home?

So what? Supporting how?

Why don't you move up North with all the rest of the entitled elitists that look down on this State then if you hate your heritage so badly. I'm not a fan of certain people but I'm not going to degrade them. They are my people...and fellow Cat fans...who you obviously hate just because they don't share the same ideas of what it means to be a UK fan.

The sold out for the $$$ has to do with the way his tone/message has changed over the years....

How does working for a living make you a puppet? Oh wait...it does not.....He's a puppet for the university because they now control everything he says....The same way he controls everything Ryan says....kind of ironic since he crushes UL/Tommy Turtleneck and the UL media for that same thing.
My point is simply that when you work for a living you do what your employer asks, and you do it for pay (I hope). Other than him having a way cooler job than most, what is the difference? I usually don't even comment in these Matt Jones threads because I don't even get to listen to his show. Was just pointing out that he is no different than %99 of the work force...

No, myself (along with others that I know) think that it's a bit disrepectful to the fans and people who live and breath Kentucky basketball by saying his goal isn't to win what ALL NCAA teams play for which is a National Championship but to get players drafted.

All teams? Delusional. There is 0 chance that Murray ST's number one goal is a natty title each season in b-ball...intelligent people, including coaches, know that you have to set realistic goals. Winning the OVC regular season and conference tourney are probably Murray's goals every year...and then hope to steal a game in the NCAA. They have 0 shot at a national title, and everyone knows it. Same thing with any bottom feeding SEC teams in b-ball or some team from the Sun Belt in football. I seriously doubt when WKU and MTSU were in the Sun Belt that their football coaches said "Guys, we are going to win the national title this year, that is our goal...it will happen if we work hard." GIve me a break and spare us the hyperbole.

All teams? Delusional. There is 0 chance that Murray ST's number one goal is a natty title each season in b-ball...intelligent people, including coaches, know that you have to set realistic goals. Winning the OVC regular season and conference tourney are probably Murray's goals every year...and then hope to steal a game in the NCAA. They have 0 shot at a national title, and everyone knows it. Same thing with any bottom feeding SEC teams in b-ball or some team from the Sun Belt in football. I seriously doubt when WKU and MTSU were in the Sun Belt that their football coaches said "Guys, we are going to win the national title this year, that is our goal...it will happen if we work hard." GIve me a break and spare us the hyperbole.
Ok, you got me. Every teams dream.isnt to win a National Championship.

My point is simply that when you work for a living you do what your employer asks, and you do it for pay (I hope). Other than him having a way cooler job than most, what is the difference? I usually don't even comment in these Matt Jones threads because I don't even get to listen to his show. Was just pointing out that he is no different than %99 of the work force...
Like I was saying the difference is he is employed by Iheartradio and the stations that broadcast his show. He is being told what to say by UK....and is fitting the agenda he is provided.

Yes my boss says here review these financials and tell me your findings. But the manager of the department does not tell me what to make the financials say. Big difference in being a free thinking employee and a puppet/mouthpiece.

Those that bitch the most about this silly incident are probably the ones that feel they personally contributed to the success of the team and fell cheated and angry that they are not able to brag about another one of "Their" championships. Grow up people. You do remember that basketball is a GAME, right???

I don't care if that really IS the way Cal feels, as long as he is putting the product on the floor that he has been since his time here at UK.
IF and WHEN we start putting a lot of players in the draft, but aren't regularly in contention for the title, then I might start to complain.
I guess the difference between me and lots of other posters is that you guys are good with final fours, me, I feel that we need to close the dea loccasionally when the talent gap is overwhelming.

Why don't you move up North with all the rest of the entitled elitists that look down on this State then if you hate your heritage so badly. I'm not a fan of certain people but I'm not going to degrade them. They are my people...and fellow Cat fans...who you obviously hate just because they don't share the same ideas of what it means to be a UK fan.
Good stuff. Im a Florida cracker and probably one you would consider a "redneck". Fish, hunt, have a 4x4 Silverado (pronounced SilverADO, thank you Amiri King), golf, and work in the construction industry. All of my family on dads side is from Kentucky as far back as you literally can go. My dad played baseball at UK and he met my mother while she was at UK. Have several other family members that are graduates of the school as well.

Why do I even waste my time telling you this? Because NONE of the people I personally know, feel the way you do about Cal's comments and I can assure you there are a few rednecks in the group of family I mention above. Who gives a sh*t if he really feels that way? His results on the court speak to the contrary.

Reactions: JohnnyinShelbyville
Those that bitch the most about this silly incident are probably the ones that feel they personally contributed to the success of the team and fell cheated and angry that they are not able to brag about another one of "Their" championships. Grow up people. You do remember that basketball is a GAME, right???

That went in the 10 ring.

Matt Jones is a grade A D-bag...his web site is pretty much sh!t as the only purpose is had was actual information and it no longer provides any real information...and his show has even LESS information.

Cal knew those comments would get out and it was not only reported by Matt Jones lackey. Cal makes statements like that for effect and impact. Its a recruit tool just like the NBA practices on ESPN were a recruiting tool.

Sad thing is a large % of Cat fans are to stupid to connect the dots. If we had 8 players drafted that means POY is health the full year. If POY is healthy for a full year do we lose to anyone?? Not at all....we would have won the championship.....If 8 players get drafted what will the entire basketball world be talking about through the and even after the draft?? UK and UK only.....The next wave of great players will be hearing only about UK and how great it is.....people this is a simple process

I don't disagree with anything you said about Cal and his marketing of the program but I do have to comment on what I do disagree with (because that's what I do). To emphatically state we win the championship if POY doesn't go down is nothing but mere conjecture. Every year we have the "if" this "then" that statement. In 2010 "if" we had beaten West Virginia "Then" no way Duke beats us. In 2011 "if" we beat UCONN "Then" we win the title against Butler. In 2014, we had everyone and made it to the title game and lost so nothing really to dwell on there but now the "if" game for 2015 is POY. We simply don't know what would have happened "if" but we do know without certain what did happen "when".

I guess the difference between me and lots of other posters is that you guys are good with final fours, me, I feel that we need to close the dea loccasionally when the talent gap is overwhelming.
Once out of every four isn't enough for you? He's basically put up a resume worthy of the hall of fame in just six years. It's the best run we've been on since Rupp. Get a little perspective.

Just because you say you are a fan, and you are miserable and devastated over our loss still today (your words) who in the hell are you to judge another man on his values and priorities???

The man's job is to win games, he has outperformed all others with the exception to coach K.

You have serious issues, I think most of us want you to change your values.

Reactions: catagious
By the way I still don't give a shit. I still stand by what I said in the other thread. The dude could be preaching the joys of being a part of the church of satan, as long as the quality of the product is maintained.

Reactions: bcox13
Just because you say you are a fan, and you are miserable and devastated over our loss still today (your words) who in the hell are you to judge another man on his values and priorities???

The man's job is to win games, he has outperformed all others with the exception to coach K.

You have serious issues, I think most of us want you to change your values.
I will never change my values Brian, never.

Like I was saying the difference is he is employed by Iheartradio and the stations that broadcast his show. He is being told what to say by UK....and is fitting the agenda he is provided.

Yes my boss says here review these financials and tell me your findings. But the manager of the department does not tell me what to make the financials say. Big difference in being a free thinking employee and a puppet/mouthpiece.
Semantics. I could give you a couple of ideas to test that free thinking theory, but it doesn't matter. I'll live to fight another battle haha. This thread is an abortion already and I have helped string it along enough now...we are both UK fans my man and that's good enough for me, Go Cats!

Reactions: AbsoluteCats

How disrespectful is it be mad at a person for a having a set of values and beliefs different form yours?

Cal has done way more for UK basketball than you ever will. Nobody cares how much you cheer or troll.

He shouldn't have to keep his values and priorities to himself, just because you are offended. That's incredibly stupid.

The man is doing an excellent job, his coaching is not perfect but his personal values are his. I guarantee your set of values differ with almost everyone here, with the exception of a what's her name who started this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT