ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones: "I am told by a very good source that Mark Stoops is staying at Kentucky"

Might even be worse than getting a pay raise and then sh*tting the bed against Vandy.

Very curious to see if he was given yet another raise. Couldn't beat vandy at home last year to win 8 games and couldn't win at injury plagued sc this season to win 8.

Shouldn't have to pony up a nickel to won those games.

Reactions: catben and KyCatFan
Why is this a bad look for UK our coaches name was floated for another job?
It was more than a name being “floated for another job” - this got as far as A&M players being notified of the hire and Stoops telling people he was leaving.

And it’s a bad look because their fan and donor base revolted and the board of regents decided not to approve the hire.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
I’m gonna look at it as if AM trying to save face and spinning the situation because Stoops turned them down last minute.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
38-31 in favor of the good guys.

And Coach Stoops and his agent just took a GIANT CRAP on it by ALLOWING this to happen 4 hours after the big win!!!

This is ALL on him!!!
Speak for yourself hoss. This didn’t ruin my night one bit. How can everyone be crying so much about stuff you read on twitter. Like maybe 2% of it is believable. I thought the whole thing was fun.

It was more than a name being “floated for another job” - this got as far as A&M players being notified of the hire and Stoops telling people he was leaving.

And it’s a bad look because their fan and donor base revolted and the board of regents decided not to approve the hire.
You got trolled by anonymous "sources" and click bait on fake news sites. Only place Stoops told people he was leaving was in cyberspace. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think the reaction from their fan base is what made it so ugly. It puts it in perspective what other programs think about us.
Judging their fanbase reaction by some message board internet sites is about as accurate as judging ours by this one.
At one point many on this board were screaming for Neck Brace Bobby.
These message boards are not representative of reality.
Only thing ugly was the girl gossip level of rumors spread on rhe internet by fools.

I still get the feeling this was a hoax all the way....never understood why AM would fire Jimbo to only land on decnet but not elite Stoops hire.
If it is he has totally misjudged the climate at UK. A segment of fans waning already from the season underperformance and staring into the new sec abyss with him at the helm hoping for chages they haven’t seen in his 12 years just watched him try to leave and be told ‘you’re not that good’. Season ticket sales were already going to be down. But this will ensure it.

I was already looking ahead hoping for an offensive minded head coach who understands the point of needing points to win in this league. I figured Coen would have been given a shot at it.

That doesn't appear to be the truth but you do you.
Such a ridiculous narrative.

Before the game, it came out Stoops was one of their top guys. About 9 or 10 last night, reports came out that it was basically done.

the A&M Fans lost their minds because they thought they were getting Stoops as a coach. Then they ended up not hiring him. And some of these people act like A&M fans are saying "Well we never wanted him anyways."

They were saying they didn't want him when they thought they had him.

Stoops was trying to leave us for another girl. The other girl decided she wanted someone else. Stoops has to stay with us by default.

The narrative some of these kids are creating so as not feel like Stoops wanted to leave is just wild.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT