ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Stoops is Gutless

mbc82584

Junior
Jun 11, 2006
He had a chance to give his RS Freshman QB a chance to get great confidence on his first ever college game. Barker was driving and by using a couple timeouts he could've had his first TD drive and really given him a great note to start on.

Instead, like he has done in other games, Stoops decided to duck from a QB controversy at the expense of his young player.

I'm not ok with it, particularly because we don't exactly have an all world QB at the helm currently.

I think calling a timeout would have been bush

There's a big difference between calling a timeout, and calling a run play just outside the red zone with under a minute to go. If you're goal is to try to build confidence in a young QB, you let him try to throw to end zone. If your goal is something else - and you can be the judge of that - you call a draw play and go to the house.

He had a chance to give his RS Freshman QB a chance to get great confidence on his first ever college game. Barker was driving and by using a couple timeouts he could've had his first TD drive and really given him a great note to start on.

Instead, like he has done in other games, Stoops decided to duck from a QB controversy at the expense of his young player.

I'm not ok with it, particularly because we don't exactly have an all world QB at the helm currently.
[laughing]

I think you're reaching for a reason to get mad at stoops. Our defense got zero pressure in the backfield and Prescott ran past defenders for huge runs all night long. I'm mad at that performance and can't even think about any other people right now.

Who cares about the TD. Barker does get rid of the ball quickly and leads the receiver most of the time. Towels usually throws behind the receiver or over throws like tonight. Receivers stunk also tonight. Pathetic performance.

Bigblue

I think you're reaching for a reason to get mad at stoops. Our defense got zero pressure in the backfield and Prescott ran past defenders for huge runs all night long. I'm mad at that performance and can't even think about any other people right now.

The game was out of reach. It's not a grasp to get mad at Stoops, he's done this with Barker multiple times this season. He is afraid of a QB controversy, to the point he'd rather Barker's growth be stunted than deal with it.

Understandable, I guess, considering how abhorrent Towles has been nearly the entire season.

MSU could have scored a TD if they wanted to. Calling Stoops gutless shows you are brainless. Drew got some great snaps...finally. Seems like he has a fast release. King showed some flash too. Remember MSU had their subs in too. Sure am glad they finally are utilizing Conrad more in the passing game. Boy was that painful to watch.

Yeah, cause the TD would have really mattered. Stoops was bad tonight but I could care less about calling a timeout being down almost 30 points late in the game.

Not sure why any one would have expected something different than what we got. UK always hires people who have no experience as a head coach and the expect them to win like a seasoned veteran. It is not going to happen. UK football will never improve until a real coach is hired.

MSU could have scored a TD if they wanted to. Calling Stoops gutless shows you are brainless. Drew got some great snaps...finally. Seems like he has a fast release. King showed some flash too. Remember MSU had their subs in too. Sure am glad they finally are utilizing Conrad more in the passing game. Boy was that painful to watch.

You simultaneously agree and disagree with me. This staff makes terrible personnel decisions (like with Conrad) and the doubles down on their mistakes. Does anyone honestly believe we shouldn't use Conrad 10-14 times a game? Does anyone believe Towles will ever be a consistently accurate passer?

So, other than that how did you enjoy watching your first football game? You don't call timeouts with a minute left down 30

Actually Stoops did us all a favor. If we'd scored a TD the sunshine pumpers would be creaming their jeans over the moral victory. At least now we can look at a somewhat realistic score.

There is NO controversy. Barker threw a pick in just a,couple of throws against 3rd string D.

omg-cat-o.gif

Not sure why any one would have expected something different than what we got. UK always hires people who have no experience as a head coach and the expect them to win like a seasoned veteran. It is not going to happen. UK football will never improve until a real coach is hired.
Like Bill Curry?

Way to project a completely INSANE story from your twisted mind about the backup QB getting to play near the end of the game. I thought Barker looked fine and who cares if Stoops calls a timeout at that point. We were getting pummeled.

ADVERTISEMENT