ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Pope - The winning ticket

None of our previous coaches had won a title. Where has that requirement come from. Neither Duke or NC had that as a requirement and they seem to be doing alright. I think winning your probably one in a coach's career title before getting here in not good. Makes me feel like they have been used up.
I’m not sure what you read, but you’re significantly misquoting me.

I said Pope was the only coach on your list who hadn’t won a single tournament game. Comparing him to Scheyer isn’t appropriate either, because Scheyer coached along side Krzyzewski for years. Pope checks none of those boxes.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m all for a weaker Kentucky, if it means a more clear path for the Zags, but as a Zag, I wouldn’t be happy if we considered Pope a winning hire, and we don’t have the justifiably-high expectations Kentucky has.

Pope isn’t on the list unless the list is about 25 guys

It’s an absolutely ridiculous idea
Pope is a great guy. I told to him for 15 minutes once. He loved his time at UK.
But anyone who thinks he is UK coaching material is delusional.
Assistant coach sure. Head coach no way.

Reactions: JFCats22
Well, it looks like we have struck out on 3 coaches. Oats, Hurley and Drew have told us to pound sand.

Down to Donovan or Pope I think.

life suicide GIF by David
& add Rondo as an assistant as some have said.🙄

Pitino - too old,

Hurley - just flipped us off after he won the tourney

Scott Drew - bleh, boring offense.

Bruce Pearl - Scandals, so much hate for KY over the years, best years behind him.

Nate Oats - Just flipped us off on social media.

Donovan - He already passed on us once. He’d end up just taking a check. His best years are over.

Mark Pope truly loves Kentucky and he has proven he can coach. No he hasn’t got a NC in his belt, but neither did Pitino, or Cal, or Tubby or many coaches for that matter. That just means he has the fire to get it done. He would bring the passion back to the bluegrass, and wouldn’t have to go to $10M and could use funds for other means.
Have you ever had a winning ticket???

Pitino - too old,

Bruce Pearl - Scandals, so much hate for KY over the years, best years behind him.

Donovan - He already passed on us once. He’d end up just taking a check. His best years are over.

Mark Pope truly loves Kentucky and he has proven he can coach. No he hasn’t got a NC in his belt, but neither did Pitino, or Cal, or Tubby or many coaches for that matter. That just means he has the fire to get it done. He would bring the passion back to the bluegrass, and wouldn’t have to go to $10M and could use funds for other means.
Wanna bet? ;)

Pitino - too old,

Where’s Kelvin Samson in all this? The second best coach in America? Or mark few?

Pope doesn’t have a NC. I can live with that.

He also doesn’t have a single NCAA Tournament win. I can’t live with that.

Might as well “go large” on Pope to UK. I am sure it will hit this time.

Pope doesn’t have a NC. I can live with that.

He also doesn’t have a single NCAA Tournament win. I can’t live with that.

Might as well “go large” on Pope to UK. I am sure it will hit this time.
He has a NC on the best team to ever play College Basketball. He was a captain on that team…

Even mentioning his name as a candidate is absurd. Every single coach who made it to the Round of 32 this year is, objectively, a more qualified candidate than Mark Pope, and most of them are still not qualified for the UK job.

Really starting to get upset I wasn’t able to place a +1000 bet on Pope. You guys should give me credit though. I never get a nod on my wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT