ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Monk En Fuego This Morning

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
I watched him last night. Had a so-so game. Woke up this morning.;)

Kyle Tucker@KyleTucker_CJ 48s48 seconds ago
Malik Monk 21 points (4-4 threes), 3 assists in first half in front of Calipari. Top priority

Gonna be hard to get him away from the Hogs. Would love to have him but this one feels like he is staying home.

And I didn't feel that way with Archie.

Awesome, I'd love to get him! U know he was loving that performance in front of Cal, and I'm sure some other Coaches.

Not true we are getting Monk bank on that. His ties to Goodwin are strong. He will definitely push him in our direction. I've heard he favors Kentucky also.

63f4dbfac4b49d71a96a90d03558ee78.jpg

Seems like I read a couple of days ago that UK sending 7 to the draft had a profound impact on him.

Gonna be hard to get him away from the Hogs. Would love to have him but this one feels like he is staying home.

And I didn't feel that way with Archie.
His brother is an assistant on the Arkansas AAU team. One would hope they both visit UK on an unofficial tomorrow before they go back home. Of course that applies to several players in town for the Nike event.

Ben Roberts@NextCats · 17m 17 minutes ago
Malik Monk just finished off a ridiculous reverse bank shot layup between defenders. Next possession: Corner three. UK coaches watching

Why is everyone so sure that Archie would push Monk to UK? AG didn't have the greatest time here. Wasn't awful but it was far from anything spectacular.

I still say Monk is going to Ark and will just take a couple schools along for the ride. He is a great player and of course I want him but the Ark ties are too strong.

Not true we are getting Monk bank on that. His ties to Goodwin are strong. He will definitely push him in our direction. I've heard he favors Kentucky also.
Monk's interest in playing for Kentucky seems very strong. I think Kentucky gets Monk if Calipari really wants him. Take a good look at all the 2016 wing players that supposedly have scholarship offers from Kentucky. It is an incredible list. Calipari can't take all of them. Calipari likes long wings. Would be happy to see Monk play for us, but I can say the same about several other wings with interest in Kentucky. It's still early.

Kyle Tucker‏@KyleTucker_CJ 2m2 minutes ago
Monk noticed Calipari at his game. Says when he goes off like today, he's just in another place. Patterns himself after Russell Westbrook.

Kyle Tucker‏@KyleTucker_CJ 17s17 seconds ago
Monk finished with 39 points on 11 of 17 FG (6-8 threes), 5 assists, 4 rebounds in front of Calipari.

Arkansas is going to be garbage next year and Anderson probably on hot seat. I don't see Monk as a Malik Newman type. I think he is a guy who wants to play with other great players and have a chance to win a championship.

Jamal are you a UL troll? There is enough negativity on these boards to go around the world. You have no idea where this kid is going. Please don't spout your opinion as if you know exactly what is going on. Thanks.

The 2016 class is loaded at guard. Monk, Simmons, and Smith are all very good. If a player like Frank Jackson is #31 overall you know the class is stacked

Jamal are you a UL troll? There is enough negativity on these boards to go around the world. You have no idea where this kid is going. Please don't spout your opinion as if you know exactly what is going on. Thanks.
I'm a troll because I think a recruit will stay home and go to a school that his brother attended?

You got me Don.

Why is everyone so sure that Archie would push Monk to UK? AG didn't have the greatest time here. Wasn't awful but it was far from anything spectacular.

I still say Monk is going to Ark and will just take a couple schools along for the ride. He is a great player and of course I want him but the Ark ties are too strong.

And Booker's Mizzou ties were even stronger. We'll have to see but I think we get him.

And Booker's Mizzou ties were even stronger. We'll have to see but I think we get him.

Just like James Blackmon Jr.'s ties were even stronger to UK. Every single one of these situations are fluid and don't fit an expected pattern.

This is out of line. The poster drew a reasonable conclusion based on actual happenings. Just because his conclusion wasn't in UK's favor you call him a fan of another team. You sir are the epitome of a troll. Get the hell out of here!

Ukchulo, you are a buffoon..Go back and play with the other children..The other poster made an assumption that he had no basis on which to make it..So many people on these boards assume every good player is going anywhere but UK and it gets very tiring seeing it in every thread..Dont post it as a done deal fact when you have no idea where the kid is going. For some reason you all are so afraid it won't be UK so you act like Duke or whomever is going to get all of these guys..It gets very ridiculous..

Ukchulo, you are a buffoon..Go back and play with the other children..The other poster made an assumption that he had no basis on which to make it..So many people on these boards assume every good player is going anywhere but UK and it gets very tiring seeing it in every thread..Dont post it as a done deal fact when you have no idea where the kid is going. For some reason you all are so afraid it won't be UK so you act like Duke or whomever is going to get all of these guys..It gets very ridiculous..
It is my opinion. I don't predict every recruit to pick other schools. Not even sure why I'm explaining myself to you so I guess this is my last word on the matter. Try to enjoy your day Don.

Come on folks, all any of the vast majority of us know is what we read online and see in videos. We get a feel for a kid and see some of the factors that may influence the decision. There's nothing wrong with someone saying what their opinion is on a kid. And on the flip side, there's also no way any of us can say that something will 100% happen either.

Can we just all agree on that and stop acting like a bunch of Louisville fans?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Just cause players chose the home team this year, doesn't mean it's a sure thing for next year. All I know is that Monk speaks ver, very highly of kentucky, and they got as good a chance if not better than any other school.

A poster made a matter of fact quote saying Monk would come to UK.
Jamal simply stated that if the reason Monk would come to UK would be because of Goodwin then that may not be something that works in our favor since Goodwin struggled quite a bit here. We enjoyed having him, but he never seemed comfortable on the floor.

You are right that it is silly to state things as a done deal when we really have no idea. For some reason people like to come on here and call things as if they know.

With that being said, as a buffoon, I feel quite comfortable telling you that you are still a jackass for calling someone a fan of a different team because they post something that is not even negative.
3jackasses-149666.jpg

His recruiting is wide open. I think the top three are Arkansas, UK and Duke in no particular order. Your Archie Goodwin connection is a huge stretch on your end. He has one mentor and one mentor only, his brother Marcus and Marcus will not steer him in any direction. It's Malik's decision and if he chooses UK then you're getting a good one but it will have ZERO to do with Archie.

His recruiting is wide open. I think the top three are Arkansas, UK and Duke in no particular order. Your Archie Goodwin connection is a huge stretch on your end. He has one mentor and one mentor only, his brother Marcus and Marcus will not steer him in any direction. It's Malik's decision and if he chooses UK then you're getting a good one but it will have ZERO to do with Archie.
Duke is not on his list

ADVERTISEMENT