ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Kennard of Franklin, OH

OHcatfan

Sophomore
May 22, 2002
Kennard needs to be on UK's list. He is from my neck of the woods, and he and his family are lifelong UK fans. He is a 6'4" Freshman PG that is one of most highly touted Freshman in the country. He has played on a couple of AAU National Championship teams, and is years ahead of his grade-level.

He just had 33 pts. tonight in Franklin High School's first playoff game of the year.

I know for a fact that Bob Huggins has already been to FHS to talk to him and his family. I've heard that Izzo was there as well. Luke has also spoken to Krzyzewski. I know it's a long time off, but I would love to see this kid wear the Blue & White.

I would like to see Luke in the Blue & White. He has improved a great deal over the last few years. I would like to see him transfer to a Division 1 school to play aginst better competition though.

There is no reason for him to transfer to a D-1 school. He plays at the highest level of AAU, and has for years.

Thad Matta and Mike Brey were at Franklin High School today to visit with him.

Originally posted by yo raysoos:
lost? Sorry Im slow but isn't Luke in high school. Why does he need to transfer to d1 school.

Ohio high school basketball has 4 divisions. D-I thru D-IV.

D-I being the top division.

He has gotten very little publicity in this area. Dayton Daily News is in love with Maverick Morgan at Springboro HS. They are trying to get him to UD. The DDN's coverage of UK is terrible. The have a hack there (Doug harris) that is an ex-UD player and runs down UK and the SEC every chance he gets.

I know he's coming to Indiana for Hoosier Hysteria and I've read that he either recently was at UK or will be this weekend. Also he's supposed to visit Ohio St the weekend before his Indiana visit. It will be his second visit to Indiana.

No idea if true or not, but I heard somewhere that he grew up a UK fan, and his dad is also a UK fan. Again, not sure about that. But does sound like an elite level recruit.

Kennard had a really good tournament this past weekend (Myrtle Beach Classic).
OSU and Michigan are hard after him.
He and his family are life-long UK fans. Hopefully, he'll get the chance to wear the Blue & White some day.

Yes, he is a UK fan. His cousin actually goes to UK and is a huge UK fan. I know they'd be ecstatic if he got an offer.

ADVERTISEMENT