ADVERTISEMENT

Low Country Trip:

Oldtrainer

Junior
Aug 12, 2008
Had not been away since my beloved wife passed in November. At my daughter insistence I joined her as she led a trip to The Low Country of South Carolina. Glad I did! Charleston is charming and Beaufort-Port Royal area is Old South beautiful. Azaleas and Spanish Moss draped Oaks trees were in full splendor! Lot of pre revolution war history in this area. Always been a American history buff so it was very interesting to me. I've read most of Pat Conroy books and agree with his description of the area. Heartily endorse The Low Country for sights and good food!

Definitely on my "to do" list. Thanks for the good info and my condolences for the passing of your wife.

Are the mosquitoes still as big as small planes down there? I know when I was at Parris Island they drove around in a truck before dawn fogging the base. I would like to visit Charleston.

Are the mosquitoes still as big as small planes down there? I know when I was at Parris Island they drove around in a truck before dawn fogging the base. I would like to visit Charleston.

Not like they were back in the 80's/90's. Charleston County sprays nightly as soon as the 'skeeters start appearing in the spring.

Reactions: weused2luvhim2
Don't believe GV. I haven't met him yet and I've been here over 3 months.... :)
Any time, my friend, any time. I get off work at 5:30. I'm usually free Tuesdays and Thursdays (GF takes up the other days)

My condolences on the loss of your wife. I agree, that area is beautiful. I lived in Savannah a few years, but I actually like Charleston much better.

Any time, my friend, any time. I get off work at 5:30. I'm usually free Tuesdays and Thursdays (GF takes up the other days)

I'm still in a short term rental while my house is being completed and not in much shape to socialize but I owe you a beer and I pay my debts. :) I think I am living closer to you now from some of your statements. I live off of rivers ave right around ashley phosphate....moving to Summerville when the house is finished.

I'm still in a short term rental while my house is being completed and not in much shape to socialize but I owe you a beer and I pay my debts. :) I think I am living closer to you now from some of your statements. I live off of rivers ave right around ashley phosphate....moving to Summerville when the house is finished.
No worries, guy. Take care of the house first and foremost. I'm not going anywhere, give me a holler when things are settled!

ADVERTISEMENT