ADVERTISEMENT

Love and Provitt

I really hope we get some good news on these guys. We will be fine without Provitt this year but he will be a really good player down the line. Love would add some really good depth at LB and possibly even start so he is a must get.

Based on that tweet, I would say that we're good to go. Provitt and Love both on campus.

Based on that tweet, I would say that we're good to go. Provitt and Love both on campus.

That is not accurate....Jen Smith clarified that she was referring to returning players only. So, no news on incoming recruits or the transfers

I'm afraid that Jen's tweet is just a generic tweet. I would think Stoops would want that known in the media just for more fan morale if it was known they could play this year.

Her tweet did not involve the new players.

But the freshmen all arrived on campus sometime around a week ago? Pretty sure they said everybody showed up, and the kid out of Jersey was the last one that needed to enroll, which he showed up the next day.

No, noone ever said every 2015 signee has already shown up to campus. It has been deep detective work by some to find out who is here & who is not.

And of course Love is here, the only question on him is if the NCAA grants his waiver and lets him play right away.

I know Gosier and Provitt are still doing work. I think the above post about Bell and Miggins finishing up is also right. Not sure about Livingston.

I know Gosier and Provitt are still doing work. I think the above post about Bell and Miggins finishing up is also right. Not sure about Livingston.
apparently that is the list. cant find anything on livingston being on campus so the 4 we know for sure and probably livingston as well.

It's a "so far so good" kind of thing with Love ... It hasn't been ruled 1 way or the other

I figured Love was already on campus, he is a transfer, not an incoming frosh, he is cleared, he is just waiting on a hardship waiver that would allow him to play this season, and not have to sit out a season as a transfer.

I figured Love was already on campus, he is a transfer, not an incoming frosh, he is cleared, he is just waiting on a hardship waiver that would allow him to play this season, and not have to sit out a season as a transfer.

BIGBLUEQ -
I think he is on campus. When I said no news on incoming recruits or transfers I was speaking of the waiver/eligibility for this fall on the transfers.

Yeah I was wondering about those two, Bell & Miggins, on the ukathletics site neither are listed on the roster as of yesterday.

One thing about love..with the new rule he would set out a year but still have 3 years of eligibility left. Granted I'd rather have him this year but 3 years is good either way it goes.

One thing about love..with the new rule he would set out a year but still have 3 years of eligibility left. Granted I'd rather have him this year but 3 years is good either way it goes.

What new rule? I, obviously, missed the change. I assume this allows a player who transfers to have six years to play four???

What new rule? I, obviously, missed the change. I assume this allows a player who transfers to have six years to play four???

No, what I think it does is allow a player with sickness in the family or other hardship to transfer closer to home and be immediately eligible, not sure of all the details though.

The waiver used to grant immediate eligibility. Now a kid sits but retains the year. As I understand it

That rule is put in place starting for transfers for the 2015-2016 season aka this upcoming one. I wonder if that would include him where he transferred for the spring semester last year or if he would be granted immediate eligibility?

ADVERTISEMENT