ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville City FC

Has anyone on here gone to any games? Worth going?

I bought season tickets. Missed the first game, went to second. Weather wasn't great so crowd was so so. I'm a soccer fan so I enjoyed it. Just depends on what you are looking for I suppose.

Poster @SAECATFAN I believe is a STH. Said something about how he was happy Slugger Field would be used for a real sport.

You're seeing the beginnings of a minor league feeder system for Major League Soccer and LCFC is filling that void. I'd love to see them renovate the old Cardinal Stadium in a similar way to what they did in Portland and it turned into a soccer stadium.

My brother went to the home opener and loved it.

I moved to Orlando a few years ago and went to an Orlando City game last year at Disney. I didn't realize that was going to become the Louisville team. Soccer is a lot of fun live, every goal opportunity begs basketball last second shot level enthusiasm from the crowd if it is into it. I hope it does well in Louisville.

Was going to go out tonight but didn't because of rain.... Louisville City beats Tulsa 2-0. Recent Business First article ranks Louisville with a perfect 100/100 in terms of it's ability to support an MLS team.

No it hasn't, they tore down the bleacher section that was unsafe. That said, it prolly isn't long for this world and would take a ton of money to renovate.

They just need to tear it down completely and build a new soccer stadium on the site. I can see louisville supporting an MLS team more than any other major league sport. I think that's the pipe dream of the owners anyway.

I hate soccer.

Old cardinal stadium and the fairgrounds in general is an awful place for sporting events, c'mon. Expensive parking, nothing in walking distance, terrible traffic, no place to eat, stinking interstate right beside it.

Why people continue to have fond memories of the dump is beyond me.

Isn't there a site downtown where they were going to build the Yum Center? I heard an interview with the USL commissioner and he said that they were going to require their teams to have their own stadiums. I can't see Slugger Field being a long-term place for LCSC

Agree JHB it is a dump of an area. To the poster asking about the Water Co site I thought it was slated for a Cordish/some other mixed use development/non-organic taxpayer funded slush operation. We'll see.

I do agree a stadium other than Slugger would be ideal. And I don't like soccer by any stretch but very pro Louisville development. I personally think we could do NBA but that's a different topic altogether.

They are tearing down the old buildings as we speak on the old water co site, an Omni hotel and apartment development is supposed to start construction soon. Im not sure of the dimensions of soccer stadium but that site would probably be a bit small to put one into anyway. Ive heard that a soccer stadium might be part of the plan if/when waterfront park expands west of 9th street.

A big field with expressway access near downtown.....

Should put it in the field near the Water Tower where they had Louder than Life last year. Indians have been playing cricket and soccer there for decades.

I figured there would be a slow start for LCFC being a brand new team in the USL but surprisingly they are doing pretty well. Undefeated so far and seem to have some really talented players. I live quite a way from Louisville but I would love to try to go to a game or two sometime this season.

Dominant 3-0 win for Louisville City tonight against the Wilmington Hammerheads. New signing Aodhan Quinn had a nasty goal in his first game with the team. Also had goals from Magnus Rasmussen and Conor Shanosky. I'm hoping to make it to the game Saturday against Toronto FC II.

ADVERTISEMENT