ADVERTISEMENT

Losses happen

ChicagoCat1990

Sophomore
Jul 5, 2016
Chicago
Every reasonable person understands you can't win every game. But the way we lose is what pisses me off. Besides when we took the 1 point lead, at no point in the game did it feel like we were going to turn things around. This is what defines the majority of Cals tourney losses. It's usually in the first few minutes you have that "feeling" we wont be able to overcome. This game just foreshadows the impending doom heading our way.

Reactions: ruppcat
I get tired of this feeling. I knew by that first media timeout by the way the refs were calling every foul plus A&M pulling every shot out of their ass that this was just going to be one of those games. Too many times it happens in March anymore. The chicken shit defense cost us tonight and will again in the NCAA Tournament.

I disagree about the historical context but agree about this year’s team. When it’s obvious that we can’t get any stops and have a little bit of a deficit, it feels over. That’s been the case a number of times this year.

No more demoralizing feeling as a fan than knowing you can’t get a stop because it eliminates the hope you feel. Honestly it’s prevented a lot of end of game angst for me. In these games I write it off way before the final buzzer.

The only game this year that wasn’t the case was at MSU and even that one was different because their offense to build the lead was a bit fluky, so I felt we still had a chance.

The answer isn’t zone because we don’t communicate well enough as a young team. We should pack it in every game defensively. That’s been my biggest frustration of our defense all year.

Indeed. 10 to 16 of them per year, and there is nothing we can do about it. Nothing at all. Nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT