ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the backlash AGAINST Stoops is coming HARD from A&M fans and media!!!

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
Even Clay Travis is calling out their AD for possibly hiring Stoops!!

It seems to be UNIVERSAL for the A&M faithful.

In the other threads I likened it to when Fat Phil tried to hire Schiano and the fans raised so much heck that he pulled the offer.

So HOLD THE PHONE for now!!

Would Coach Stoops WANT to go into that job with such a backlash before he ever started?? Especially considering how MAD they all are over how his former boss UNDERACHIEVED???

That could be a DISASTER before you ever get started.

In the other threads I likened it to when Fat Phil tried to hire Schiano and the fans raised so much heck that he pulled the offer.

Would Coach Stoops WANT to go into that job with such a backlash before he ever started?? Especially considering how MAD they all are over how his former boss UNDERACHIEVED???

It's going to be interesting seeing how this all plays out going forward.

jason-momoa-folding-chair.gif

Clay Travis is an idiot, so him defending any stance is not a good look.

Stoops is getting raked in College Station right now 😳🍺
I looked at their AD's Twitter page and EVERY reply on his Thanksgiving post is their fans complaining and some threatening to give up their season tickets and stop contributing to the school if he is actually hired.

Maybe the AD just threw Stoops name out there to see what the response would be and BOY did he get one!!! And NONE of it is good!!

This is looking like the Schiano and UT situation all over again. Although, the SEC rant aggies are 50/50 so who knows?

Reactions: catben
He basically already had that here now.

I just don't want to see ANY kind of extension!!! Increase his pay if you are DUMB enough Mitch, but DON'T add any time to it!!! He doesn't deserve ANYTHING else after what has gone down tonight!!!

He should have to take a pay cut to stay. A and Ms fanbase doesn't want him so he isnt worth anymore to UK than he was earlier today.

I looked at their AD's Twitter page and EVERY reply on his Thanksgiving post is their fans complaining and some threatening to give up their season tickets and stop contributing to the school if he is actually hired.

Maybe the AD just threw Stoops name out there to see what the response would be and BOY did he get one!!! And NONE of it is good!!
Yet, read some posts here that think KY would slide back into the abyss if we lost stoops!!! Pretty comical actually.

This CRAP right here is what is going to make this WHOLE ordeal BAD for EVERYONE on our end!!!!

The A&M Board of Trustees, donors and media are going to spin this like Coach Stoops isn't WORTHY of the Aggies job, which in turn makes UK look LESS THAN for not only keeping him but the fact that he WANTED to be their next coach!!!!

This is ALL on Coach Stoops and his agent!!! Mitch better NOT give him ONE MORE PENNY!!!!! This is an EMBARRASSMENT for UK, the football program and even MORE SO for Stoops!!!

Man, that's going to make the ongoing relationship AWKWARD.
Would you want to play for a coach that was trying to leave and saying his players weren't good enough so pony up? He might be forced to go somewhere else in the near future even if it's not a better job. Might be hard to rebound from this if players and recruits revolt.

Would you want to play for a coach that was trying to leave and saying his players weren't good enough so pony up? He might be forced to go somewhere else in the near future even if it's not a better job. Might be hard to rebound from this if players and recruits revolt.
By who? Barnhart? Bwahahaha!
Mitch will just act like none of this ever happened. You think he wants to start a coaching search? HA! Might even give Stoops a raise.

What did they expect? Pay 76mil to fire jimbo only to hire a less successful jimbo understudy. I refuse to believe this was ever even close to happening because it just doesn’t make any sense

I agree with u here, it makes 0 sense for a program wanting to compete for conference titles and playoff bids to hire a poor man's jimbo.

Reactions: Rockfly78
What did they expect? Pay 76mil to fire jimbo only to hire a less successful jimbo understudy. I refuse to believe this was ever even close to happening because it just doesn’t make any sense
I actually think Stoops could have been successful there w all the instate talent and massive NIL budget.

With that said I agree with you about “Jimbo for Jimboish”. This goes for any job opening, not just this situation. If you get rid of a coach for failure to meet expectations and that coach had a specific brand or weakness the fans were tired of then you have to hire in the opposite direction to get the Dan buy in and excitement. For example. If USC fires Lincoln Riley, they are better off hiring a coach with a strong defensive reputation. But I’d you fire a coach that struggles to score and plays low scoring, you can’t hire another defense oriented coach that prefers to play the same style and just tell the fans it’ll be better (even if it’s a good hire). You’re better off addressing the obvious shortfall of the precious guy with the next hire. Go hire someone that has a reputation of playing with pace and putting up points. That gets everyone excited for what’s been missing. And then you hope they can team manage and find balance with between Offense and defense better than the last guy.

Reactions: Rockfly78
I don't blame them for being irate. Can't pay 70+ million buyout then hire stoops. Just can't.

That said, I'm guessing they wanted the entire staff. So it might still happen we lose one or both coordinators, depending on who they ultimately hire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT