ADVERTISEMENT

Lloyd Tubman

Originally posted by MrHotDice:
So if Tubman had went to trial but found not guilty he could still play for UK? This whole situation stinks for Tubman especially since the grand jury found no evidence in the case to bring him to trial. Seems like it's a no win situation based on nothing.
I agree. This is a disgrace for the young man. Yeah, yeah, yeah... All the "life isn't fair" crap is nice.. but I sure hope Tubman sues the hell out of the University for getting rid of him because he was NOT GUILTY and NEVER WENT TO COURT of... take a short breath folks.... "rape".. Crappy for a kid... They need to let him back on the football field to be with his friends/teammates. Bunch of jerks.

Originally posted by BengalWACO:

So if Tubman had went to trial but found not guilty he could still play for UK? This whole situation stinks for Tubman especially since the grand jury found no evidence in the case to bring him to trial. Seems like it's a no win situation based on nothing.
I agree. This is a disgrace for the young man. Yeah, yeah, yeah... All the "life isn't fair" crap is nice.. but I sure hope Tubman sues the hell out of the University for getting rid of him because he was NOT GUILTY and NEVER WENT TO COURT of... take a short breath folks.... "rape".. Crappy for a kid... They need to let him back on the football field to be with his friends/teammates. Bunch of jerks.
Its the stigma that goes with being accused. I taught and coached 32 years in Georgia. About 15 years ago one of my friends was accused by a parent of providing alcohol for a minor. The minor was a friend of my friend's son and had gone on a camping trip with my friend's family. Beer was one of the supplies my friend had. Anyway, the kid got home, told his mama he got drunk on the camping trip, mama pressed charges, my friend was charged, indicted, tried, aquitted. But was also suspended, fired and lost teaching certification. Couldn't get his certification back or his job, because of being accused of the crime he was aquitted of. Yes he went the legal route to get it back, which drug on forever it seemed and still couldn't get it back. Was that fair, absolutely not, but it was the stigma of committing a crime, which will follow this kid for some time.

Originally posted by BengalWACO:

y'all need to face the reality we currently live in where sexual assaults on college campuses are the number one issue for national journalists, and quite a few powerful politicians. we all see it from the point of view of football fans. Try and look at the issue if you were the UK President - there still is a female current UK student & she still says this young man raped her.

Do you realize the firestorm UK would bring down on itself if they brought him back, and she goes on national TV shows crying how the university doesnt care about women or victims, just winning football games? The calls for investigations, for boycotts? Ask the entire state of Indiana what it feels like when the nation's politically correct mobsters decide to jump on you with both feet.

bottom line, ain't nothing Lloyd can do if UK decides to not re admit him because of this incident. scholarships are 1-year renewable contracts. it sucks, it wouldnt be fair, but life ain't fair sometimes.

Like I posted months ago, he'll never be back at UK. No inside info. That's just the current PR/social climate we live in. Today, accusations alone ruin someone's life/career.

Unless youre Coach K, caught covering up allegations for over a year.

I don't think there is anyone that would disagree that the whole situation stinks for the young man. As for "had he gone to trial" aspect...
Had Tubman been accused and proven to have been falsely identified as "the rapist" then yes, he would be better off. As it is nobody including Tubman is denying what happened. The only disagreement is if it was consensual or not. That's tough to prove when there are only two people in the room.

It didn't go to trial because it was always going to be one person's word against another's. There was always going to be reasonable doubt. The girl could always come back and file a civil suit and could possibly win because the burden of proof is much lower. Remember, OJ was found not guilty of a double murder. However he was found liable in the civil trial brought forth for the same murders and ordered to pay $33 million to the families of the very people he was found not guilty of murdering.

As for those calling for Tubman to sue UK...on what grounds? Nobody has a right to play, nobody has a right to be admitted to the university. Sure, he could sue. You can sue for anything. The suit would have zero chance of ever seeing the light of day.

I personally hope the young man makes it back on the field but I will be very surprised if he does so at UK.

I think some of you also need to take a step back and consider if this young lady who was his accuser was your daughter. I really doubt you'd be nearly as callous. I'm also pretty sure that at least some of you consider Jamis Winston a rapist.

I just wanna say that reading all this is better than listening to "Handel on the Law"..............
And my two cents... and I'm serious as a heart attack... If Hillary can run for President then Tubman can play football....
We know she guilty as hell and we just don't know about Lloyd???.... So it's easy for me to say........
"Pad up Lloyd!!!"

Originally posted by fuzz77:

I don't think there is anyone that would disagree that the whole situation stinks for the young man. As for "had he gone to trial" aspect...
Had Tubman been accused and proven to have been falsely identified as "the rapist" then yes, he would be better off. As it is nobody including Tubman is denying what happened. The only disagreement is if it was consensual or not. That's tough to prove when there are only two people in the room.

It didn't go to trial because it was always going to be one person's word against another's. There was always going to be reasonable doubt. The girl could always come back and file a civil suit and could possibly win because the burden of proof is much lower. Remember, OJ was found not guilty of a double murder. However he was found liable in the civil trial brought forth for the same murders and ordered to pay $33 million to the families of the very people he was found not guilty of murdering.

As for those calling for Tubman to sue UK...on what grounds? Nobody has a right to play, nobody has a right to be admitted to the university. Sure, he could sue. You can sue for anything. The suit would have zero chance of ever seeing the light of day.

I personally hope the young man makes it back on the field but I will be very surprised if he does so at UK.

I think some of you also need to take a step back and consider if this young lady who was his accuser was your daughter. I really doubt you'd be nearly as callous. I'm also pretty sure that at least some of you consider Jamis Winston a rapist.
It seems like to me there was more evidence in the Winston case than this one. Also a MUCH bigger attempt to just make it go away.

It seems to me that you are more concerned with the money aspect of the case than seeing the right thing done, but then I'm not surprised at that with your defense of Mitch that starved the program for over a decade and other items.

JMO but I don't think money should even enter into this argument at all.

If it is the deciding factor then shame on UK, and it will come back to bite our football program in the butt..

This post was edited on 4/7 2:13 PM by jauk11

Originally posted by jauk11:

It seems like to me there was more evidence in the Winston case than this one. Also a MUCH bigger attempt to just make it go away.

It seems to me that you are more concerned with the money aspect of the case than seeing the right thing done, but then I'm not surprised at that with your defense of Mitch that starved the program for over a decade and other items.

If it is the deciding factor then shame on UK, and it will come back to bite our football program in the butt..

Where in the world did I ever bring money into the conversation?

This isn't a "Mitch" issue. Mitch will have zero say in if he is allowed to enroll or not. He has to be allowed to enroll before any question comes about letting him play. This is a UK admissions issue. I'm not sure how many times I need to say that I hope he gets to play. I seriously doubt that the athletics department will put any road blocks in his way however the AD isn't in charge of admissions.

Winston was never charged. Tubman was charged and the case was presented to a grand jury that determined there was not probable cause. Probably picking nits but Tubman's case went farther through the legal process than Winston's. Having said that, there is little difference in the two cases legally. Both were he said, she said where no one other than the people involved will ever know whether the sex was consensual. I feel horrible for Tubman if he didn't rape the girl. I feel horrible for the girl if he did rape her. We will never know unless one of them comes out and says "I did it" or "he didn't do it" which is unlikely. I hope the kid gets to play for the Cats. But I understand the process and don't think either of them have a winnable lawsuit regardless of what happens.

This isn't a "Mitch" issue. Mitch will have zero say in if he is allowed to enroll or not. He has to be allowed to enroll before any question comes about letting him play. This is a UK admissions issue. I'm not sure how many times I need to say that I hope he gets to play. I seriously doubt that the athletics department will put any road blocks in his way however the AD isn't in charge of admissions.
"FWIW, you too would be into covering your ass
if you could find yourself personally liable if someone you allowed
back in school, back on a job, etc and that person committed another act
that brought harm to someone."

I didn't say or imply that mitch had anything to do with his admission, but he did have something to do with over a decade of absolute minimum support of football, actually worse than minimum considering the money involved and the conference we are in.

All of this speculation is interesting, but wouldn't it be nice if the journalists in Lexington, or even the guys who run this site, would ask around, call the attorney for comment, talk to his HS coach, his mother, somebody off the record, etc., to try to get some actual news on the situation??

I understand the coaches and UK officials can't/won't talk about the situation, but I guarantee you that if the reporters started asking the right people questions, we would have something concrete to discuss. That is their job after all.

"FWIW, you too would be into covering your ass
if you could find yourself personally liable if someone you allowed
back in school, back on a job, etc and that person committed another act
that brought harm to someone."

I didn't say or imply that mitch had anything to do with his admission, but he did have something to do with over a decade of absolute minimum support of football, actually worse than minimum considering the money involved and the conference we are in.
What is true and accurate is you once again grinding your favorite ax that has nothing (by your own admission) to do with the thread topic. It's as if you don't want any thread to pass without your obsessive rant about Mitch to commence.

How about this scenario. The kid actually did rape the girl and is happy as hell he isn't going to prison. If this is the scenario it probably would be best for him if he didn't push the issue. Just because the Grand Jury did not indict doesn't mean he couldn't be indicted at a later time if new evidence were to surface. Jeopardy was not attached here so he can still be tried if the DA wishes.

My advise to him if he is guilty is to get away from UK, Lexington, and the Female as soon as possible. This is why I am going to think if he pushes the issue he isn't guilty.

The next thing I would like to discuss is : If this female is proven to not have been telling the truth shouldn't she be expelled from UK and prosecuted. Heck why isn't she expelled anyway since evidently she according to the law is as likely to be untruthful as he to be guilty. Do they want females that make false accusations running around the campus. You say they can not do that. Evidently they can because that is exactly what is being done to Tubman.

Originally posted by C1180:

The next thing I would like to discuss is : If this female is proven to not have been telling the truth shouldn't she be expelled from UK and prosecuted. Heck why isn't she expelled anyway since evidently she according to the law is as likely to be untruthful as he to be guilty. Do they want females that make false accusations running around the campus. You say they can not do that. Evidently they can because that is exactly what is being done to Tubman.
Oh for the love of god.....

There ain't any evidence she is lying anymore than there is evidence Tubman raped her. He said/She said case, he says consentual sex, she says forcible sexual assault. Just because he doesnt go to jail does not result in her going there instead, think of how foolish that sounds, sheesh.

The Board of Student Conduct said Tubman was banned from UK til 2020 and had to see a mental health professional before reapplying..Most unbelievable thing I have ever heard in my life..I would file a lawsuit but the results would take too long.

Uhhhh ohhhhhhhh....... ya done gone and done it now..... I suggested the same and won the dumb post of the year award.
Which I have proudly displayed on the wall......... So's if you get hammered C1180...
Me &You baby....Dumb and Dumber

This is the same story I was told that I would not repeat because I thought it was so ridiculous...

Originally posted by sluggercatfan:
This is the same story I was told that I would not repeat because I thought it was so ridiculous...
the 2020 thing?

Originally posted by robo222:

Uhhhh ohhhhhhhh....... ya done gone and done it now..... I suggested the same and won the dumb post of the year award.
Which I have proudly displayed on the wall......... So's if you get hammered C1180...
I'll take it that neither of you have ever had a class in logic.
Unproven allegations false allegations.

If either or you have a wife or daughter and that daughter is raped but the rape occurs in a closed room with no other witnesses...I want you to advise her to keep her mouth shut and not attempt to try and prosecute the rapist even though she knows who it is. Just lay back and enjoy it.

Originally posted by JHB4UK:

the 2020 thing?
Two initial thoughts if this story is true - One, unfortunately it confirms that I was correct in assuming Tubman would never play for UK, just had bad vibes about this for some time now. Two, given the ruling of the UK conduct board, I am also afraid there was more than just he said/she said to support their decision. Sure, not enough for a Grand Jury to indict, but as we have said all along, the criminal standard of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt is not (and should not) be the standard for a college board of conduct.

Originally posted by Tskware:

the 2020 thing?
Two initial thoughts if this story is true - One, unfortunately it confirms that I was correct in assuming Tubman would never play for UK, just had bad vibes about this for some time now. Two, given the ruling of the UK conduct board, I am also afraid there was more than just he said/she said to support their decision. Sure, not enough for a Grand Jury to indict, but as we have said all along, the criminal standard of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt is not (and should not) be the standard for a college board of conduct.
And that is not the standard the grand jury used either.

Originally posted by Beavis606:
Universities are all about covering their asses today.
mad.r191677.gif
FWIW, you too would be into covering your ass if you could find yourself personally liable if someone you allowed back in school, back on a job, etc and that person committed another act that brought harm to someone. If Tubman is readmitted and if he were to again be accused of a similar or any act that brought harm to someone else, everyone who was involved in his readmission could find themselves being held personally liable for his actions.

I think it's clear that fans all want Tubman back because of the potential he brings to the team. How many of us would feel the same if 1), we were staking our jobs and family future on the future actions of someone you don't really know?.. and 2), Tubman wasn't a football player?

I have zero inside info on this issue and I really dislike when someone says to the effect...I'm not going to say something but if I did you should all be royally pissed...but in today's world you cannot fault administrators and admission boards for erring on the side of better safe than sorry.
What in the world. You're talking absolutely crazy. Please don't ever vote. That type of thinking is ruining society. Tell me where the logic is in that statement.

sure thing guy with 17 posts

The only post you made on this entire thread and you BITCH about someones poet count. Way to go dude. Put a picture of you and some famous UK player or coach to prove you are really a fan or a troll. See how easy that was, post count my azz. Who made you the official post police? Must not be real either, huh.

Go BB

Originally posted by TransyCat09:

the 2020 thing?
And that is not the standard the grand jury used either.
Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but what I mean is, the Grand Jury would not be wise to indict someone if they believe (or the prosecutor believes) they will never be able to make their case hold up at trial.

What I'm saying is the grand jury doesn't decide whether the case should move on based on the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. The standard to proceed with trial is fairly low. In this case, no true bill was the verdict which means there wasn't enough evidence to decide that a crime occurred. Nothing about guilt or innocence, but simply that the grand jury determined the prosecution could not even a prove there was a crime to prosecute

That standard should be good enough for a university hearing, but unfortunately the campus culture is moving towards more and more preemptive punishment based on hearsay and emotion. I hope this isn't true, but if it is I hope Tubman catches on at another school and maxes out his potential

When will we find out if the 2020 thing is official? I must say that is a very ludicrous and arbitrary punishment for something that appears to little to no proof to have even occurred. Is there any way to appeal the decision?

Still says University of Kentucky Student Athlete DE/OLB on Tubby's twatter account. What say ye low post guy?

Low post guy used to be WildcatVeteran if I am correct...he knew his Tubman info and so does sluggercat

the 2020 thing?
Hate to say it Tskware, but this may be a case of who it is and nothing else. I'm sorry but that board needs revamping so that justice can prevail. If its just about the sex on campus, why didn't Chuck Hayes face the conduct board when his little situation happened on campus at the Wildcat Lodge?

Originally posted by TransyCat09:
What I'm saying is the grand jury doesn't decide whether the case should move on based on the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. The standard to proceed with trial is fairly low. In this case, no true bill was the verdict which means there wasn't enough evidence to decide that a crime occurred. Nothing about guilt or innocence, but simply that the grand jury determined the prosecution could not even a prove there was a crime to prosecute

That standard should be good enough for a university hearing, but unfortunately the campus culture is moving towards more and more preemptive punishment based on hearsay and emotion. I hope this isn't true, but if it is I hope Tubman catches on at another school and maxes out his potential
You are correct. I have served on a grand jury and the standard for bringing a back a true bill is very low. It has nothing to do with whether or not you think there will be a conviction or whether or not you think the suspect did it. It's about whether there is enough evidence to suggest a crime might have been committed. It's hard to imagine that if the prosecution could not even meet this standard that the University would have any evidence to deny admission.

Originally posted by robo222:

I'll take it that neither of you have ever had a class in logic.
Unproven allegations false allegations.

If either or you have a wife or daughter and that daughter is raped but the rape occurs in a closed room with no other witnesses...I want you to advise her to keep her mouth shut and not attempt to try and prosecute the rapist even though she knows who it is. Just lay back and enjoy it.
Let me get something straight. I have 2 Daughters, a grand daughter and 2 sisters. None of which would have led a man out of anywhere that had just raped them without yelling rape as soon as they got somewhere where they felt safe enough to do so. This girl might have been in a closed room but she wasn't in a closed room when she calmly led the dude out of the building past people that she could have screamed rape very loudly at. I will bet that was the major reason the dude wasn't indicted. If I had been sitting that grand jury I would have been inclined to not indict because that just doesn't make sense. Girls if you want to be taken seriously in a situation like this don't do that. Scream your lungs out as soon as you feel safe enough to do so.

I definitely would not have advised any of my girls to keep their mouth shut. I would advise them to start running their mouths a lot sooner than the female in this case did if they wanted to be taken seriously.

It's unfortunate that student groups are left leaning and pre-disposed in these types of cases. The Duke lacrosse incident and the UVA hoax perpetrated by a Rolling Stones reporter should have had some weight in a case like this .. but not to the left who still talks about the "victim" at UVA even though again there was no evidence of a crime or in fact even an incident. The girl there was just a liar.

FWIW, you too would be into covering your ass if you could find yourself personally liable if someone you allowed back in school, back on a job, etc and that person committed another act that brought harm to someone. If Tubman is readmitted and if he were to again be accused of a similar or any act that brought harm to someone else, everyone who was involved in his readmission could find themselves being held personally liable for his actions.

I think it's clear that fans all want Tubman back because of the potential he brings to the team. How many of us would feel the same if 1), we were staking our jobs and family future on the future actions of someone you don't really know?.. and 2), Tubman wasn't a football player?

I have zero inside info on this issue and I really dislike when someone says to the effect...I'm not going to say something but if I did you should all be royally pissed...but in today's world you cannot fault administrators and admission boards for erring on the side of better safe than sorry.
1) I don't care if Tubman is a football player or not. He has not been convicted of any crime and thus deserves to live out his life like any other free individual in a (supposedly) free country. We don't ruin the lives of others simply because they were accused of something horrible.
2) It seems to me that the only victim in this case is Tubman. People talk about the stigma of being a rape victim, but they what they don't mention is the stigma of being falsely accused of rape. Get that label pinned on you and people never look at you the same again, guilty or innocent.
3) Your hair-trigger, "everyone cover your ass!" attitude is sick, cowardly, and emblematic of the problems we have in America right now. We have become a culture that sits idly by while the worst of use sub-human tactics to inflict suffering upon the best of us. You are a symptom of the disease.

I can't understand even vaguely reasonable basis for a law suit. On what basis is this discrimination? You don't have a right to be a student at UK. No matter how much we might want him back there is simply no justification for a law suit. UK expels people every year for more frivolous reason than sexual assault charges. Even if it went to the jury and Lloyd was 100% vindicated it still wouldn't legally obligate UK to admit him nor would it bind Stoops to accept him back. Guilty or innocent the University still has the right to decide if they want him back. We need to shelve the lawsuit talk because there isn't even enough basis for a garbage lawsuit that would get thrown out before the judge even sits down.
The University of Kentucky is a public institution, funded by tax dollars. Public institutions do not have the right to pick and choose based on arbitrary variables. He may not have the right to go to UK, but he does have the right to be considered for admittance in the same manner as any other person who has not been convicted of a crime. It is a form of discrimination to refuse admittance to any individual for something he was falsely accused of.

If they had a rational reason to refuse admittance, what would it be? Having sex on campus? Being the victim of a false allegation? If I was kicked out of a public college based on what is essentially an unsubstantiated claim by a third party (also known as "rumor") I would sue the holy hell out of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT