ADVERTISEMENT

Likely start times for EKU & Missouri?

Mojocat

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
Want to take my kids to at least one game this year, and they'd rather go to a night game.

Any guesses as to when either of these games would kick-off?.....

Absolutely zero idea. It all depends on TV. I'd say for EKU, you have a more than likely noon start b/c no one is going to watch that game in primetime and it will likely be on SEC Network or ESPNU or one of those SEC-Alternate channels.

I think I'd be surprised if it's televised. If so it will be because of that bar fight. My guess is the Mizzou game will be late afternoon or night. Guaranteed night game in the first 2 home games, might be a good idea to pick one of those.

I think I'd be surprised if it's televised. If so it will be because of that bar fight. My guess is the Mizzou game will be late afternoon or night. Guaranteed night game in the first 2 home games, might be a good idea to pick one of those.

By contract all the of games have to televised on some SEC Network / ESPN platform. And I highly doubt that a bar fight would have any influence on when that particular game is slotted for TV. [eyeroll]

All games are televised. EKU will most likely be at noon or early afternoon. Missouri depends on how the season is going for the two teams.

EKU is practically guaranteed to be noon on SECN/ESPNU unless it drops down to FOX Sports who I think carries like three games a year total (they had MSST vs. UAB last year).

Missouri looking at the schedule I think looks destined for 7 PM or 330 on the SECN. A&M-Arkansas and MSST-Auburn will draw the CBS 3:30 and ESPN 7:30 slots I would say.

False. It will be televised.

Some lower-tier games are on at around 7, they're not all at noon. Don't give up hope. With so many games they have to spread them out.

I didn't mean there wouldn't be some guy there filming it I meant it would probably be a likely pick for ESPN 3 sheesh. Games against FCS teams are boring.

Thanks for the replies. I looked at last year's schedule and was surprised to see we only had one night game (SC). Of the 7 home games, 4 started at noon, 2 at 3:30 and 1 at 7.......

EKU will be an early game. The other times will be dictated by how well or how poorly we play. We played a lot of early games last year because we weren't all that exciting and wasn't winning. If we start to blow up the scoreboard and play good teams competitively and win some we aren't supposed to ( Florida, South Carolina) then the networks will be more inclined to put us on in prime time. I think we get more network exposure this year and will have fewer day games.

Take a look at the schedule for the first three Saturdays. There are only 5 games out of 28 that start at noon. There are several games vs FCS schools that start at 4 or later. Don't forget about the SEC Channel. Think about it: with every game having to be on, and possibly double digit numbers of games, they have to spread them out otherwise there would be 6 or 8 going head to head. The noon kickoff for crummy games was true a few years ago but no longer.

http://www.secsports.com/article/13102475/2015-sec-football-tv-schedule

None of our games are ever ESPN3 only.

That's true. I think that WKU game in 2013 was on ESPNews or something like that. Miami was on Fox Sports or something. Last year with the SEC Network coverage was much improved. That EKU game is killing me though. I hate FCS week. Happy for the win, but it's about as exciting as a BYE or watching ice melt.

ADVERTISEMENT