ADVERTISEMENT

LHL Jen Smith Reporting

GridCats

Sophomore
Jan 1, 2013
In "it's about damn time" news, the Herald-Leader's Jen Smith is reporting that Eastern Kentucky will soon take action on the EKU football players involved in the Richmond bar/dorm fights with UK's Drew Barker, Tymere Dubose, and Dorian Baker. Based on the security footage, this probably means Colton Scurry and Patrick Graffree will soon have some 'splainin' to do.

This post was edited on 4/16 2:36 PM by JasonS.

Re: KSR Reporting

this situation needs to get resolved before the game is played in the fall else there is going to be a lot of problems.

This post was edited on 4/16 2:24 PM by Deeeefense

Originally posted by GridCats:

In "it's about damn time" news, the Herald-Leader's Jen Smith is reporting that Eastern Kentucky will soon take action on the EKU football players involved in the Richmond bar/dorm fights with UK's Drew Barker, Tymere Dubose, and Dorian Baker. Based on the security footage, this probably means Colton Scurry and Patrick Graffree will soon have some 'splainin' to do.
They almost have to suspend them for the UK game; at least. Otherwise it has a chance to get nasty.

smile.r191677.gif
at a H-L tweet/story being "KSR reporting."

Originally posted by Beavis606:
Shouldn't the thread title be the H-L is reporting? Or is it OK for me to go on twitter and say CI is reporting that KSR is reporting that the H-L is reporting something?
Haha, we posted at same time. I changed it. I don't think OP meant anything by it.

My bad, just saw and copied it from KSR. Thought it was interesting without thinking about how I posted it.
wink.r191677.gif

Saw a release saying the "players involved" have been suspended indefinitely and will be subject to the student review board.

I wonder who are the "players involved"? More than 1. But I cant imagine all those guys standing around being suspended.

Jen Smithþ@jenheraldleader 3h3 hours ago

Defensive tackle Patrick Graffree is no longer listed on the Eastern Kentucky football roster online.

EKU players supended

Just saw on KSR that the players involved are no longer on the football,will have a hearing by tudent board, New AD Steve Lockmuller says this behaver will not be tolarated

Originally posted by Deeeefense:
this situation needs to get resolved before the game is played in the fall else there is going to be a lot of problems.

This post was edited on 4/16 2:24 PM by Deeeefense

Do you think it really matters if the "issue" is officially 'resolved',the game will have problems from the get go

The punch by Graffee would draw an assault and battery charge in many jurisdictions. He struck an individual from behind who was not aware he was present much less engaged with him in an argument.

This post was edited on 4/16 10:07 PM by zcats

And, of course, in the new tradition of today's centers of higher learning, EKU was going to do absolutely nothing about this until the video went viral. Sweep it under the rug if possible, act only if it hurts marketing and your bottom line, or if a third party forces your hand by making it public.

Originally posted by JasonS.:
smile.r191677.gif
at a H-L tweet/story being "KSR reporting."
You have just discovered the KSR model. Simply parrot what other websites post, tweet, or write and piggyback off of the work from real journalists and then convince a bunch of moronic sheep that you did the work.

That is a typical work day for Matt Jones.

Re: EKU players supended

Originally posted by ukgolfnut1:

Just saw on KSR that the players involved are no longer on the football,will have a hearing by tudent board, New AD Steve Lockmuller says this behaver will not be tolarated
Is AD Steve Lockmuller the former WILDCAT basketball player?

You have just discovered the KSR model. Simply parrot what other websites post, tweet, or write and piggyback off of the work from real journalists and then convince a bunch of moronic sheep that you did the work.

That is a typical work day for Matt Jones.

----------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why people won't let go of this. I won't even argue the fact that he posts stuff from other sites and is lax in giving credit. They actually settled a lawsuit over it and openly make fun of themselves. Many people on here repost stuff from the premium board. Doesn't matter as information travels so fast in today's world. What one can't argue is that KSR is far more interesting and entertaining with what it does with the news. And their original content can't be duplicated by the boring ass regular media. So, hate on KSR if you want, but it's very good and unique. I'm glad they are here.

BTW, Jen Smith has done an outstanding job of covering UK football this spring, while almost all other local media were so mesmerized by basketball that they only parroted UK's press releases and did not send anyone to cover practices.

ADVERTISEMENT