ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington, KY traffic signal timing

Mar 21, 2015
Anyone else wonder what drugs the engineers were on when they designed the signals? Did they forget sensors? It doesn't make much sense in terms of traffic flow, 5 o'clock traffic, etc.

I always thought the engineers were funny. Not "haha" funny, but queer funny. I get restless and anxious waiting for the lights to change.

Anyone else wonder what drugs the engineers were on when they designed the signals? Did they forget sensors? It doesn't make much sense in terms of traffic flow, 5 o'clock traffic, etc.

I always thought the engineers were funny. Not "haha" funny, but queer funny. I get restless and anxious waiting for the lights to change.
Must be your attraction to the gay black men that you so loquaciously hate.

No. I think it's a way for the mayor/gays to harass heterosexuals at traffic lights. The only good that comes out of it is seeing UK females, but that's only on campus. I'm talking Lexington as a whole.

I once heard a guy claim that Obama had driven up his water bill. That was less of a stretch than the gays/traffic signal argument. I cant even get from one to the other in my wild imagination.

Gay mayor. Gay-friendly town. Probably gay engineers. Gays like to flaunt their gayness in large numbers. Lots of Lexington traffic. Lots of people/potential suitors (in their eyes). I'm not into conspiracies, but try to connect the dots...

The light in hamburg at sir Barton is remedial. it's almost like their goal was to try and get every car stopped at a light. all 4 directions are always red, then one will randomly turn green for a few seconds

Has to be one of the worst cities (its size, anyway) in the country as far as traffic engineering. Totally out of sync, seemingly random timing, little priority given to arteries ... just frustrating as hell.
Literally every commute, I get stuck at a light (along with dozens to scores of other vehicles), only to watch the small side road clear of its 4 vehicles with an additional (what feels like) 5 minutes of green light to spare. THEN, when our light changes to green, and our hopes get up that we may start to get out of town, the next light up the road turns red. ^%#@$#@#
Wash, rinse, repeat.
I'd like to kick some engineer(s) square in the junk. Repeatedly.

Thank you. Finally some other people feel my frustration. You really can't experience it unless you've been to Lexington, KY for at least 48 hours.

The OP obviously has some pent up feelings regarding the mayor.

Plenty of people have season tickets and don't live in Lexington. Start a gofundme account and we will all pay for you to leave Lexington and our board for a minimum of 50 years.

Would you put your money where your mouth is? I do everyday during August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May, and June. My birthday is in July and is my personal vacation month. I love Lexington and the chicks, but there's so many other things wrong that the gay mayor should be able to fix.

I would never put money in my mouth, that's just nasty. I'm not sure why you have to pay for your "season tickets" over an eleven month period. I pay for my football tickets every April and basketball tickets in August. I'm guessing you're a member of the poors, that's why you spread it out.

No, no, no. While I'm getting my Master's, I have this stupid-ass office job on paper so my girl and parents will be happy. But I put my money where my mouth is, eleven months out of the year, because I bet on sports for a living. 5Dimes has been "vedy, vedy good to me." It's something like risk and reward, ya know. It's wagering, not gambling. I do my homework, trust me.

Wheel and spoke road design + no interstates in the midst of town = continual gridlock and multitudes of pissed off drivers.

ADVERTISEMENT