8 Gonzaga
9 Villanova
10 Iowa State

1. North Carolina
2. Maryland
3. Kentucky
4. Kansas
5. Duke

BTW, without Murray I would have ranked us somewhere on the bottom edge of the top 10, but now with Murray, I think we're competing for a National Championship.

1 Kansas (until we know Poy is healthy)
2 Kentucky
3 UNC
4 Duke
5 Arizona
6 Virginia
7 Tulsa
8 Indiana
9 Michigan St
10 Maryland
11 Oklahoma
12 Miami

I've really got to catch up with goings on in the basketball world - some of the ones y'all have listed have surprised me.

I've really got to catch up with goings on in the basketball world - some of the ones y'all have listed have surprised me.

Same here, i'm having trouble ranking top 5.

I looked at some early top 25 ranking...and wow. No team really sticks out to me.

Reactions: Bkocats
unc
UK
duke
zags
ku

I'm a fan of tall teams like last year so I dropped us one spot. unc will fold again in the tourney though so I'm not worried.

1. UNC
2. UK
3. Maryland
4. KU
5. Duke

They'll finish the regular season pretty close to that. I think the 1 and 2 seeds will go like this:

UNC- Philly
UK- L'Ville
Maryland- Chi-Town
KU- Anaheim

Duke- Anaheim
Iowa St.- Chi-Town
UVA- L'Ville
Michigan St.- Philly

1. Kentucky
2. Sam Houston State
3. Western Kentucky
4. Central Arkansas
5. Memphis (Pastner will have his boys ready to go)

1. UNC - Paige, Meeks, and Johnson are legit. Hard to outdo that experience and talent.
2. Kentucky - Murray and Skal are transcendent. Two of that type of player takes UK to a 5th Final Four in 6 years.
3. Duke - Thornton will wow folks and Allen and Ingram on the wing elevates Duke's offense among the nation's best.
4. Maryland - Is Stone as good as some think? If he is, Maryland is a top 5 team.
5. Kansas - tons of talent in the front court but I can't say too many backcourts with the likes of Selden and Mason have cut any nets down in April.

Look here. We're the best team in the country first up. Second I think this is gonna be a really fun year in college basketball. I know some say its a down year but I think the top 10 is pretty strong. But as for UNC. Yeah they're gonna be really good. Brice Johnson and Kennedy Meeks is a beastly PF, C combo. Then Jackson should have a monster sophomore year. We all know Paige is legit but here's they key....Theo Pinson. I think he's gonna be a breakout player this season. If I'm right UNC is gonna be a more balanced team than they have been in the last few years and in turn will have their best team in the last couple years. They got a solid bench too.

Arizona's another team some think will be down, and a lot of people aren't big on their recruiting class either, but they return Tarczewski, York, Jackson-Cartwright and Pitts. They have a transfer. Ryan Anderson who is a very, very good PF. To be honest with you he's better than Ashley. Then you know their freshman class is Ray Smith, Justin Simon, Alonzo Trier, and Chance Comanche. I don't know exactly who they'll start but their going to be a very good top 5ish team all year long. I think Trier is going to have a major impact his freshman year and end up going top 15 in the draft btw. Solid team.

Arizona's another team some think will be down, and a lot of people aren't big on their recruiting class either, but they return Tarczewski, York, Jackson-Cartwright and Pitts. They have a transfer. Ryan Anderson who is a very, very good PF. To be honest with you he's better than Ashley. Then you know their freshman class is Ray Smith, Justin Simon, Alonzo Trier, and Chance Comanche. I don't know exactly who they'll start but their going to be a very good top 5ish team all year long. I think Trier is going to have a major impact his freshman year and end up going top 15 in the draft btw. Solid team.

Zona is one of those teams that I can see struggling early, steadily improving, then coming on strong in the tourney and surprising some teams. I can see them ending up as a 3-4 seed and upsetting their 1 or 2 seed to go to the Elite Eight. I like Trier a lot. They will be deep, but young in spots. Not much experience at PG. Their strength is going to be their size inside with Zeus, Anderson, and Ristic. Not sure who ends up starting and what spots except that Zeus starts at the 5 and Anderson likely starts at the 4. The perimeter positions seem up for grabs. Trier starts somewhere, though.

Duke (will always have the easiest path to final 4)

Kansas (good mix of freshman and veterans. Will be hard to defend plus extra practice time. Also SHOULD have a chip on their shoulder about not making it out of the first weekend two years running).

Kentucky. Not very deep, but lots and lots of talent. Platoon is dead. Great guards, some question about bigs.

Maryland. They are pretty stacked. As a KU guy, I hope Turgeon does well. Big time recruit.

North Carolina. I don't think they are worthy, but just don't see the Zags or AZ being better. With all the noise about the scandal, I think they flame out.

1. Kentucky
2. UNC
3. Maryland
4. Iowa State
5. Gonzaga
6. Kansas
7. Duke
8. Virginia
9. Villanova
10. Arizona

Duke (will always have the easiest path to final 4)

Kansas (good mix of freshman and veterans. Will be hard to defend plus extra practice time. Also SHOULD have a chip on their shoulder about not making it out of the first weekend two years running).

Kentucky. Not very deep, but lots and lots of talent. Platoon is dead. Great guards, some question about bigs.

Maryland. They are pretty stacked. As a KU guy, I hope Turgeon does well. Big time recruit.

North Carolina. I don't think they are worthy, but just don't see the Zags or AZ being better. With all the noise about the scandal, I think they flame out.

Kansas bias showing full throttle...

ADVERTISEMENT