ADVERTISEMENT

Least favorite U of L players

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
Yesterday on the Afternoon Underdogs Lindsey Howard said Demarcus Cousins was the top UK player that U of L fans love to hate, and she said the twins would probably "be up there, top five maybe."

I got to thinking about all the U of L players I have hated over the years. BJ Flynn, Lancaster Gordon, Milt Wagner, Luke Hancock, Chris Jones, Montrezl Harrell. Those were the first names to cross my mind.

Who would be your top five?

Every one of them for signing there in the first place. They can't be very smart in the first place for their poor decision making skills...or lack there of.

BJ Flynn
Hancock
Harrell
Bannanahands

Flynn was the first player I remember despising
Flynn_BJ.jpg

Milt Wagner
BJ Flynn
Francisco Garcia
Montrezl
Reginald Delk
Hancock

....screw it.... all of them. In their entire existence....before I was even born.

It's weird, there's really not one UL player I can really pick out and say I absolutely hated them. I think it's because outside of one, sometimes two, games a year I just don't care about UL. A lot if times my UL friends will bring up older players and I'm usually just like who?

Reactions: Jkwo
It's weird, there's really not one UL player I can really pick out and say I absolutely hated them. I think it's because outside of one, sometimes two, games a year I just don't care about UL. A lot if times my UL friends will bring up older players and I'm usually just like who?
Me too. Don't care at all about Louisville. Their fans are obnoxious, but our program is not on the same plane of success as theirs.

We have a similar record vs them as we do vs most SEC teams.

Duke (at least until K retires)? UNC when they're back from the depths of hell? Those are teams I give a little bit of thought to.

They all hate on Big Cuz due to the scuffle with Swopshire but their players were the ones instigating the dust up from the get go.

.....and in 'classy' fashion, they later let "Swop" go and try to play elsewhere.

All of them but 2. I liked Russ Smith. The other is Wayne Blackshear. If he would have become Wayne Brasher like I thought he could have been then I probably wouldn't like him. He just never seemed to develop a "brashness" about his game.

I don't know that I can really think of a UofL villain. Usually a team would have to beat UK or do something really crazy for me to dislike a player.... and they just don't beat us often enough.

I never cared for Tick Rogers, Jason Osbourne, Jerry Smith, Terrence Jennings, the O'Bannon kid. Those are the only names that come to mind, that haven't been mentioned already.

The Cardinal Connection...Chane & Ware. Behanan drives while Kevin takes the orders.

BNKY8sXCIAASiSL.jpg

Boo Brewer and you have to measure the difference to the next U of L guy in lightyears.

He makes my All Hatred team easily with pumpkin head Tony Harris from piss yellow, Laetner, Rasheed Wallace, and probably stinking Wojo. Steve Novak, Miles Simon, Dane Fife, Greg Ostertag, and Antonio Lang get bench duties.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on Marvin Stone?

Obviously the tragedy of his death makes most look at him in a different light but what if that hadn't happened? Would he make the list?

Trading the blue for the red and then going for 16 or so in a upset win over us as him and Slick hugged and kissed after the game made him one of my least favorites ever of course until years later and news broke of what happened to him. Somethings are bigger than basketball but that season he would've made my list for sure.

DeJuan Wheat
Samaki Walker
Clifford Rozier
Reece Gaines
Terrence Williams

DeJuan Wheat shouldn't even be in the conversation.. He's from Louisville & signed with the hometown school.. The summer of 96 I was 16yrs old, had an accident where I broke my neck paralyzing me.. I was in Frazier rehab 3 months & he came & visited me severel times just hanging out talking.. I'm blue through & through & had my hospital room decked out in UK stuff but that didn't stop him from coming in to check on me every time he was there.. Super nice guy

I agree with the Boo Brewer mention above. Throwing Sean Woods off his shoulders is the biggest punk move by a UL player in the history of the series, IMO. Terrence Jennings grabbing DeAndre Liggins' foot is probably second. The potential for injury of those two actions makes them inexcusable.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
I'm sure Luke Hancock is a decent guy, but I hated his game with a passion.
Chris Jones, obvious thug.
Didn't care much for Reece Gaines either.
Behannan, thug.
Jeff Hall, twerp.
There are others, but I'd rather not spend too much more time thinking about it.

James "Boo" Brewer
Just watch the 1991 UK-UL game. Or ask Sean Woods & John Pelphrey about him.

....and here I thought I was the only one that referred to Tony Harris as "Pumpkin Head".

As for the cards not so much hate for the players as those stupid people they call fans

You are aware the "tweens" flopped I just don't have time to make a video, with that said.

1. the Harrison's
2. the Harrison's
3. the Harrison's

By the way Hancock and Harrell have rings !!!

ADVERTISEMENT