ADVERTISEMENT

LBJ Mavericks

Jun 2, 2023
Kyrie wants the Mavs to trade for LeBron so they can once again team up. Rumor has it that the Lakers would want Luka for LeBron. I just want to say this is highly unlikely to happen but I truly hope the Mavs are not stupid enough to trade away their best player for a soon to be 39 year old LeBron James…..

Kyrie wants the Mavs to trade for LeBron so they can once again team up. Rumor has it that the Lakers would want Luka for LeBron. I just want to say this is highly unlikely to happen but I truly hope the Mavs are not stupid enough to trade away their best player for a soon to be 39 year old LeBron James…..

No way in hell would they do that.

I’d have traded Kyrie for even joking about something like that on the spot. Haha. Don’t know if I’d want someone on the team if they didn’t have more sense than that.

You get bronny too lol

Wouldn’t surprise me, LeBron is trying to see how many all stars and teams he can play for. Another record.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
This is more about Kyrie Irving getting caught at LAX with Phil Handy (current Lakers Assistant Coach) meeting him there and trying to come up with some BS reason to cover up why that took place.
Doesn’t surprise me either because the rumor all late season was the Lakers should sign Kyrie, him and Luca didn’t play well.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I can assure you the Mavs are not that stupid. If anyone gets traded, it’s Kyrie. LD is top 3 best players in the world, IMO. Lebron is no longer even top 10.

Nobody is trading a 24-year-old Doncic for a 39-year-old anyone.

I don’t know where you stumbled upon this silly little internet rumor …but I do know it’s bullshit just from its obvious absurdity.
Well it’s not a silly internet rumor considering some of the big sports media outlets are talking about it……

Nobody's trading Luka for LeBron.

This is about LeBron and Kyrie trying to keep attention on themselves instead of Jokic and Butler who have based them in the pecking order of NBA stars

All attention whoring here

Reactions: J_Dee
LeBron plus 8 or 9 future first round picks from the Lakers, maybe.

I can assure you the Mavs are not that stupid. If anyone gets traded, it’s Kyrie. LD is top 3 best players in the world, IMO. Lebron is no longer even top 10.

Nobody in their right mind is gonna trade Luka for James, but on paper, LeBron's still arguably a top ten player. In five seasons with the Lakers, he's only averaged 55 games per season, which is how many he managed to play in 2022-2023. But at age 38, after 1421 regular-season games and 282 playoffs games, not many players could still rack up 28.9 PPG, 8.3 RPG, and 6.8 APG on 50% shooting (32% 3P, 77% FT) with a 23.9 PER (just outside of the top ten, behind Curry's 24.1) while playing any position and earning a spot on an All-NBA team (third team, alongside Randle and Fox).

Nobody in their right mind is gonna trade Luka for James, but on paper, LeBron's still arguably a top ten player. In five seasons with the Lakers, he's only averaged 55 games per season, which is how many he managed to play in 2022-2023. But at age 38, after 1421 regular-season games and 282 playoffs games, not many players could still rack up 28.9 PPG, 8.3 RPG, and 6.8 APG on 50% shooting (32% 3P, 77% FT) with a 23.9 PER (just outside of the top ten, behind Curry's 24.1) while playing any position and earning a spot on an All-NBA team (third team, alongside Randle and Fox).

You’re talking to someone that ranks Lebron above Jordan, I’m aware.

Right now, I’d personally take Jokic, Luka, Greek, Tatum, Mitchell, SGA, Morant, Embiid, healthy Zion, and Booker over Lebron.

But there’s a case to be made he’s still top 10 like you’re saying.

It's possible if there's more to the trade. You never know, Luka may want out. The Lakers could offer draft picks or who knows what else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT