ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Young received an Auburn Offer

It's nice having Young and Jackson in this class. I really hope these guys can anchor down our offensive line for years to come. Young,Jackson and Big George could make a great O line in the future!

Don't forget LaRubbio, Krok, Meadows, and Richardson. They were all highly recruited OL in their own right!

And the 2017 OL from ky. Who so far is higher regarded than both Young and Jackson. Bought time we got some big uglies in KY.

This kid could play at any school in the country. He is an incredible talent. UK is building a line that will compete with any school.

Beyond excited doesn't begin to describe what I am about our future Online!!

Eff Auburn.

Young looks awesome on tape. Good feet, good hand positioning/re-positioning, size and you can tell he is focused.

Seems I recall several months ago he'd be camping at Auburn and Bama at least this summer. Could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time. Point being, this may go on for awhile.

There is no reason that the state of Kentucky shouldn't produce 2 or 3 SEC type O linemen every single year. If this were to happen and we keep them in state. Mix in a few talented big strong Ohio boys and we should have a consistently strong offensive line every single year. I do believe stoops and company are doing a great job at getting this offensive line to SEC caliber.

Young, LaRubbio, Jackson, GAA, and Krok... I can live with having this line here in another two years.

Seems I recall several months ago he'd be camping at Auburn and Bama at least this summer. Could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time. Point being, this may go on for awhile.
If we don't want your recruiting targets to receive other offers, then we have to recruit bad players. Mark Stoops recruits good players, which means other schools will also go after them. We are doing pretty well too. Our fans just have to understand where we are right now in the program building department. People get their laundry in a wad about what this prospect or that prospect decides. But it can't ever be about 1 guy. It's always about signing a deep class. Football is a team sport. Stoops offers 150 scholarships to high value recruiting targets each year, then signs 25. The result is a better roster. We will never get every player we want, but no 1 does. We just have to keep signing deep classes and getting them into the gym. In time, the result will be a much better football program.

Reactions: robo222
If we don't want your recruiting targets to receive other offers, then we have to recruit bad players. Mark Stoops recruits good players, which means other schools will also go after them. We are doing pretty well too. Our fans just have to understand where we are right now in the program building department. People get their laundry in a wad about what this prospect or that prospect decides. But it can't ever be about 1 guy. It's always about signing a deep class. Football is a team sport. Stoops offers 150 scholarships to high value recruiting targets each year, then signs 25. The result is a better roster. We will never get every player we want, but no 1 does. We just have to keep signing deep classes and getting them into the gym. In time, the result will be a much better football program.

All righty then.

All mrschwump is trying to say, is that Young is a very good player and will continue to receive high major offers. As long as he keeps receiving big dog offers that it will be a fight up until national signing day. He wasn't being negative in his post.

All mrschwump is trying to say, is that Young is a very good player and will continue to receive high major offers. As long as he keeps receiving big dog offers that it will be a fight up until national signing day. He wasn't being negative in his post.[/QUOTE

Thank you.

All mrschwump is trying to say, is that Young is a very good player and will continue to receive high major offers. As long as he keeps receiving big dog offers that it will be a fight up until national signing day. He wasn't being negative in his post.

I don't know why people think it is going to be a fight. He's been committed to UK since he was a sophomore and there's no indication that he is waffling on his commitment. He and Jackson are solid as rocks and they know the plan and they know where the program is and where it is going.

I don't think anyone was being negative about Young. I wasn't either. I agree that Young will continue to receive offers from good schools. That's the caliber of player Stoops has been recruiting. I don't have any concerns about Stoops signing Young. Or Jackson either. But there will be decommits and late changes in our class. It happens everywhere. It is a sign that Stoops is fishing in the right waters, just as he has said in his pressers.

It's got to be flattering for Jackson and Young to be wanted by the best scools in the country, but I also love the fact that both have that pride in their home state and want to play for the Cats, now they need to get in the ear of Kash Daniel and get him in the fold and show future Kentucky boys that playing for the Big Blue is the best decision they can make. Why not Kentucky!

ADVERTISEMENT