ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Young - Part 2

Been saying for a while his raw physical skills are going to make him blow up someday. He may end up being in the top two highest rated recruits this class.

Originally posted by AJ Blue:

Been saying for a while his raw physical skills are going to make him blow up someday. He may end up being in the top two highest rated recruits this class.
I like your assumption, sounds like you assume he will end up at UK. And yes, I think it is a pretty good assumption.

But not sure the other part is correct, with Drake, maybe Kendall,, and who knows who else he could end up being a few down from our top two, even if he blows up to a top prospect. Already has the very top programs offering. Great to see our coaches are still finding great recruits before the other top schools do though.

Originally posted by jauk11:
Originally posted by AJ Blue:

I like your assumption, sounds like you assume he will end up at UK. And yes, I think it is a pretty good assumption.

But not sure the other part is correct, with Drake, maybe Kendall,, and who knows who else he could end up being a few down from our top two, even if he blows up to a top prospect. Already has the very top programs offering. Great to see our coaches are still finding great recruits before the other top schools do though.
tackles usually get rated higher than guards or centers. even if drake stays #1 or #2 at his position, if young moves up to top 15 at tackle then he will probably be overall rated higher (or could anyways). just glanced at the ratings and there are 7 or so ot's ranked in the top 50 and not one interior lineman.

The reason I say this is Landon is one of those guys the big teams hadn't paid much attention too before because he wasn't really known for his football early on and was more known for his track and wrestling. And he didn't fit the mold of a typical Olineman looks wise. He was the ultimate sleeper because he's just a big strong athletic kid that is getting bigger and stronger all the time. So much so that the big boys are starting to notice what Stoops and Co. did early one. We don't know where he'll play but man that kid is going to be a beast! I think now that he's set on the Oline and learning to play it he will absolutely dominate this year and his stock will rise even more. And I think he has a bigger upside than Drake. JMO

Impressive. I have long believed in many cases "offers" are a better indicator than "stars". On that point, I wish the entire Rivals network would do a better job staying current with offers to individuals. His offer from AL is still not listed in his profile even though I read on the AL site they had offered.
confused0024.r191677.gif

FWIW, I like OL prospects his "size". Assuming he has the frame (he apparently does) I would rather add 40-50 pounds of "good weight" to a leaner kid than try to knock off 40 pounds of bad weight as well as add muscle mass to an obviously overweight kid.

Peace

I think Landon and Drake are as solid to UK as any two commits can be at this point. Unless UK completely falls apart this season, I think they will be Wildcats.

attention Austin Kendall, UK's got 2 blocks of limestone good enough to get offers from college football superpowers who will be blocking for you for your 4-5 year career

Make that "...Kentucky limestone..." that are, likewise, as solid as rock in their commitments to UK. Easy to get excited about the future of the O-line...and, by extrapolation, the offense in general.

Yep
Originally posted by DACats86:
I think Landon and Drake are as solid to UK as any two commits can be at this point. Unless UK completely falls apart this season, I think they will be Wildcats.

My thoughts exactly Wildcard. I have checked the last few days and frustrated to say the least that the Bama offer has not been updated on Landon Young's profile page.

Bama and OSU have confirmed what was already pretty obvious in this case. Landon Young has prototype size and talent to be an OT at the next level.

If anybody committed should be elevated to 4 star, it is probably Young. Everything you want in a recruit is there...

Reactions: optimus-blue
Saw young Landon wrestle when he was a freshman at Lafayette. He was long, lean, very athletic! Wasn't he chosen MV junior o-lineman in Army All-Star game in Texas early in the winter? Thought then he was rated 4* by some ranking service! CATS got a good one and he bleeds BLUE!

He is rated much higher than Drake. A lot of that has to do with position. They are both gonna be dang good football players for us!

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Very excited to have Young, Jackson, and Asafo-Adjei on our offensive line. 3 young studs.

Very exciting. If we can build our OL up to the level as the rest of the team is building towards, the sky will truly be the limit for our program.

Let's also keep in mind Luke Fortner is a highly rated Olinemen

Rated the 4th best center in Nation....

ESPN has LY rated much higher than DJ, but both are in the top 300.
Really? LY is rated an 82. DJ is rated an 81. Those two ratings cover all players ranked between #130 & #262. Yet the few 5* are rated 90-94, a much wider range.

So 82 is rated much higher than 81? LOL.

Really? LY is rated an 82. DJ is rated an 81. Those two ratings cover all players ranked between #130 & #262. Yet the few 5* are rated 90-94, a much wider range.

So 82 is rated much higher than 81? LOL.

I have always wondered what insecurities drive people to be snarky posters. I also wonder why you felt the need to say DJ is a 5.8 and LY is a 5.7 on the Rivals' grading system. Seems to be a bit of an inconsistency in your logic.

Well he is right in that there is not a good reason to say one is ranked much higher than the other.

I have always wondered what insecurities drive people to be snarky posters. I also wonder why you felt the need to say DJ is a 5.8 and LY is a 5.7 on the Rivals' grading system. Seems to be a bit of an inconsistency in your logic.
I presume you're looking in the mirror.

Regardless, my point is the difference in their ratings - both Rivals & ESPN - doesn't amount to a pile of a few grains of salt. Yet some want to insist LY is rated MUCH higher. What's their logic? Why do you apparently agree, oh holier than thou?

First, I do not rate players and never take much stock in rankings related to the offensive line.

Second, the difference between being construed as No. 130 and No. 262 can be perceived as "much higher." I certainly did not expect a slap down for the comment, as I was only passing long information. Information I find useless, but many seem to think is important.

Finally, relying on my first point, I do not care enough to continue this sad discusion.

ADVERTISEMENT