ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Young Offered By Gators Today

Good to see this. I like our commits getting offers from the big boys. It just validates what our coaches have already seen. It is up to the staff to keep them.
It is better to have these type of schools coming after our recruits than battling MAC and SunBelt teams for them.

Reactions: martycat1
Good for Young...when you look at the offer sheets for Young and Jackson its impressive. Both could be 5 star recruits

Good for Young...when you look at the offer sheets for Young and Jackson its impressive. Both could be 5 star recruits

Both could be 5*. Not sure how Young is only a 3*. The offers sheets are validation enough for me. It is good that they get to go to these camps and show their stuff though.

Both could be 5*. Not sure how Young is only a 3*. The offers sheets are validation enough for me. It is good that they get to go to these camps and show their stuff though.
That one is strange, but like you said going to the camps... will change those ratings

Per his Twitter.

I like it. How often in the past could we say that we were recruiting against the Florida and Auburn's of the world for offensive linemen? Hopefully the coaching staff can develop these guys as well as they've recruited them.

IMO his rating is because he committed to UK so early. Lets hope he doesn't waiver in his commitment now that he is getting so much attention from the big boys. It would be very bad to lose a highly rated home town kid that has been committed for over a year.

With George A-A, Drake, and Young The Cats could have an awesome OL in a year or two. I also think Krok and Stallings show a lot of promise and there is several more young OL in the fold already that show promise. IMO the future of the OL is bright.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKCatnNC
IMO his rating is because he committed to UK so early. Lets hope he doesn't waiver in his commitment now that he is getting so much attention from the big boys. It would be very bad to lose a highly rated home town kid that has been committed for over a year.

Let's hope he sticks, I believe he will....let's not forget Fortner, he is rated the 4th best Center in the Country.

We currently have 3 big time OL recruits.

Reactions: UKCatnNC

With George A-A, Drake, and Young The Cats could have an awesome OL in a year or two. I also think Krok and Stallings show a lot of promise and there is several more young OL in the fold already that show promise. IMO the future of the OL is bright.
I think we should add Richardson to this list also.

Saw Landon wrestle as a freshman at Lafayette. Told Rusty Parks my nephew and former very successful coach at Woodford County that Landon was best freshman I'd ever watched. Long, lean and very aggressive! Coach Parks agreed!

Ah, another poster has connections to the Woodford Mat Jackets. Nice.

If Parks says someone is tough, they've earned that designation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT