ADVERTISEMENT

ksr said two big time recruits will commit soon one a jc and the other he would not identify

Tate Leavitt is the JUCO. I'm not sure who the other could be.

I seen on Twitter that there may be a possible transfer (De'Niro Laster) not sure if that is the other guy.

Good Lord!!! Everytime KSR reports something, a bunch on here starts whining about Matt Jones. Can't you just accept the fact that he reports his news just like everyone else. It's not where he got the news, it's who can hear it. I have no idea how to hear news from Rowland, but I can tell you where to hear news from Matt. His audience is just much bigger.

How many UK sites actually have a person physically at SEC Media Days? (KSR does.) How many sites provide you that analysis that Freddie Maggard is providing on KSR? (None.) Jones may not be likable, but at least he's making an attempt to cover football. This is unlike many of the pay sites that will send someone to cover every pick-up basketball game played by 14 year olds in every state, but are just dumbfounded when you ask about The Opening or SEC (Football) Media Days.

How many UK sites actually have a person physically at SEC Media Days? (KSR does.) How many sites provide you that analysis that Freddie Maggard is providing on KSR? (None.) Jones may not be likable, but at least he's making an attempt to cover football. This is unlike many of the pay sites that will send someone to cover every pick-up basketball game played by 14 year olds in every state, but are just dumbfounded when you ask about The Opening or SEC (Football) Media Days.

If I could like this twice, I would.

I thought the C-J and H-L sent someone for Stoops today? I also seem to remember 247, Rivals, and Scout doing the same in recent years (not sure about this year).

There are sites providing the analysis Maggard does. Alex did a great job for CI last fall analyzing games. Kentucky Sports Connection has had some good football posts recently. A Sea of Blue has had some good preview posts recently. Maggard's great - don't get me wrong - but he's not the only good football voice out there is all I'm saying.

Reactions: pikespeak1
Didn't a DT decommit from Miami that we supposedly have a good shot at (maybe that's the other guy) can't remember his name off the top of my head. But just a guess.

I don't see the harm in Matt Jones reporting after the fact on KSR. His show has a much larger audience than the HoB. The guy loves UK and lots of people still give him grief.

Of course Jones gets grief:

1) He piggybacks off the work of other more dedicated journalists.
2) He's crass and unprofessional, constantly seeking to lower the level of the conversion.
3) He rarely give credit where credit is due, when it comes to his sources.
4) His approach is based on the "lowest common denominator" theory of media: go as lowbrow as you can to attract the low information listener / reader. His shtick is absolutely cringe-worthy, pure shock-jock tactics at their worst.
5) He's just plain unlikable.

Of course Jones gets grief:

1) He piggybacks off the work of other more dedicated journalists.
2) He's crass and unprofessional, constantly seeking to lower the level of the conversion.
3) He rarely give credit where credit is due, when it comes to his sources.
4) His approach is based on the "lowest common denominator" theory of media: go as lowbrow as you can to attract the low information listener / reader. His shtick is absolutely cringe-worthy, pure shock-jock tactics at their worst.
5) He's just plain unlikable.

His pimping/slurping of the Mexican drug cartel murderer/drug dealer escapee earlier this week was way over the top. So "Shawshank" is a favorite movie...it's a frigging' work of fiction. The world is a more dangerous place with this killer free.

He has his apologists and sycophants. No doubt.

He has great web traffic and was very smart in how he created that with his partners. It has served him well. But the Loneys, Rowlands, Tuckers of the world have reason to snare, as he pick pockets their hard work and presents as his own.

Have to admit, however, I never thought I would see people claiming to be UK football fans take up for him so passionately. For years, it was hard to get Jones to admit UK had a football team.

Nice to see yet another thread completely derailed by people posting their opinions on KSR.

At this point, the mods should just sticky a "Opinions on KSR/Matt Jones" thread at the top of the page so those of us who want to read about the team can do so without having to worry about a thread being derailed like this. It has gotten to the point where all you have to do is include "KSR" in the title of your thread and derailment will happen.

Were you surprised that this site sent a trained seasoned journalist to cover media days? I wonder how many years KSR has sent an experienced journalist to cover SEC days?

I give Matt credit for giving Freddie Maggard a voice there. Other than that, their football coverage is pedestrian and usually just a place you can find a link to an actual journalist's story. Let's not elevate KSR to a source for real news.

Keep it up fellas. B****ing about Matt Jones and his radio show may change the world.

Didn't a DT decommit from Miami that we supposedly have a good shot at (maybe that's the other guy) can't remember his name off the top of my head. But just a guess.

Walvinski Aime is the Miami decommit, hopefully he visits this weekend.

His pimping/slurping of the Mexican drug cartel murderer/drug dealer escapee earlier this week was way over the top. So "Shawshank" is a favorite movie...it's a frigging' work of fiction. The world is a more dangerous place with this killer free.

He does try too hard sometimes that is fore sure.

Matt freely admits he is football illiterate. I give him credit for at least attempting to bring us some football news. I work on the road and his show helps get me through the morning. I don't really understand all the hate.

Reactions: yoshukai
Matt Jones is the only Libtard that I like listening to. Just tune him out when he is on to politics.

I do not understand how anyone can believe that once information is posted even on premium sites that it isn't fair game for anyone that has seen the information. Once posted it is out there and it can no longer be considered your property. You can get your scoop but then it is fair game. Do you really think that most sites do not have people that are members of other premium sites monitoring those sites. It is not like premium sites own the information that they report.

Information about sports teams is not something that someone owns so it can not be stolen.

Good Lord!!! Everytime KSR reports something, a bunch on here starts whining about Matt Jones. Can't you just accept the fact that he reports his news just like everyone else. It's not where he got the news, it's who can hear it. I have no idea how to hear news from Rowland, but I can tell you where to hear news from Matt. His audience is just much bigger.
Better yet stop bringing Matt Jones up here with info we already have.

Matt Jones is the only Libtard that I like listening to. Just tune him out when he is on to politics.

His politics is the last straw for me to pay as little attention to him as possible. I don't even listen to the UK pre-game BB shows on the radio anymore, now that he and fellow blowhard Oscar Combs prattle on about nothing. I save my interest for the actual game with Tom and Mike Pratt.

That being said, Jones is laughing all the way to the bank. I doubt he cares what I or anyone else thinks of him, and actually that's something I actually do respect in a person whether I like them or not.

I tried to get a membership to hob on Father's Day weekend and the code did not work for me or anybody else. I emailed admin about it and they said they would look into it but that was as far as it got.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT