ADVERTISEMENT

KSR article on recruiting

Sun Tzu

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2001
While I'm not a Matt Jones fan (not a hater either) his write up on how recruiting has played out is both insightful and well written. It's worth the read.

IMG_3216972274739855_zpsb8gk13oj.jpeg

What he said about Ingram is exactly what I've heard also from Duke & UNC insiders. Cal hit a home run on his in-home with Ingram & he is legitimately considering UK.

It makes the interview with he & his dad on the 24th that I posted yesterday that much more interesting. I believe what was an easy slam-dunk for Duke has lead to him being torn between UK & Duke.

Clint Jackson of UNC rivals has all but said UNC is not an option over the last week & also is the one who talked about the huge in-home with Cal that left a big impression on the Ingrams.

I'm not saying he's coming but I think this is much closer & not near the lock many posters think.

The fact that Ingram has seemingly met with Duke nine times in the last week and a half is likely a pretty good indication of where he's going.

Believe once Ingram makes his decision we'll begin to hear some rumblings about the mythological beast that is Jaylen Brown.

Reactions: stankum
The fact that Ingram has seemingly met with Duke nine times in the last week and a half is likely a pretty good indication of where he's going.

Believe once Ingram makes his decision we'll begin to hear some rumblings about the mythological beast that is Jaylen Brown.

He met with Duke twice.

He met with Duke twice.

Over a very short time period.

That actually could be interpreted as a good sign. I've no idea. Like everybody else I have about as good of a grasp on this recruiting class as I do quantum physics. But it definitely doesn't look that great for the other teams involved.

Didnt coach K bring his whole staff with him on the 2nd visit with the ingrams? I think he did

He's going to Duke and people are dreaming if they think he's coming to UK.Actually the article doesn't sound all that hopeful for anyone but Mulder.

Last edited:
Why do you guys keep saying he's going to Duke with such authority as if you know something others don't. You don't have any insider information, so your categorical dismissal of UK as having any chance holds no more water than those saying we do. Why do people need to act like they know what these kids are going to do when they don't?

Why do you guys keep saying he's going to Duke with such authority as if you know something others don't. You don't have any insider information, so your categorical dismissal of UK as having any chance holds no more water than those saying we do. Why do people need to act like they know what these kids are going to do when they don't?
It makes them feel smarter. Will Ingram go to Duke? Probably. But no goof ball on a message board knows things for sure. We read articles and form opinions. Some people pass those opinions as facts and insult others who don't share their opinions. It's irritating but welcome to the age of the Internet.

Reactions: Honeydikkin79
Jones info on Diallo is funny when discussing who his "coaches" like. His "Coaches" don't matter in this recruitment at all.

Jones info on Diallo is funny when discussing who his "coaches" like. His "Coaches" don't matter in this recruitment at all.
I don't have a clue in this situation but your statement is not always true. Especially for a kid from another country whose parents have no idea about the workings of big time basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT