ADVERTISEMENT

KP Situation

You want to hear a bat shit crazy take

Hire Payne and rondo on the staff

How’s that ?

There is no honest comparison between Payne as a head coach. Pope has done well at his first two stops
and Payne was a huge loser of historic levels at Louisville.

Reactions: phunterd
Mark Pope has been a college basketball head coach for 9 seasons at Utah Valley and BYU. Won 63% of those games at those lesser programs.

KP had never been a HC.

Reactions: Kybluedude
KP had never been a head coach before. Pope has and he's not failed in his two previous spots. Sure, he hasn't been as successful as we'd like, but he's done well enough to show me that he's no KP.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Feels like a KP situation, loved by fans as a player but failed at coaching at the place he played. The fans then turned on him……

Maybe I’ll eat crow one day but this is bad at the moment
He’s already proven he can coach better than Kenny Payne. I’m not happy but let’s be fair.

KP had never been a head coach before. Pope has and he's not failed in his two previous spots. Sure, he hasn't been as successful as we'd like, but he's done well enough to show me that he's no KP.
It’s hard to say with out knowing how pope plans to bring in players. We could very easily become an sec bottom feeder. He’s probably the 8-9 th best coach in the sec if that. It’s an absolute gamble

Reactions: CatsnRoses
As a Louisville fan I know this seems similar but the only similarity is he is a former player.

KP was lazy and arrogant. As stories keep coming out his level of incompetence was and still is hard to process.

Pope is a good coach. He is from the Pitinio tree. He is smart. He really loves UK (not sure KP loved Louisville). He runs an offense that shoots the three.

Good news you can’t money whip head coaches but you who you can money whip——recruiters. You guys will be fine.

Feels like a KP situation, loved by fans as a player but failed at coaching at the place he played. The fans then turned on him……

Maybe I’ll eat crow one day but this is bad at the moment
Again makes me realize how good Pope must be. If you are against it, I am good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT