ADVERTISEMENT

Keon Wakefield to UL (Disses UK)

There is no reason to place any stock in what a future class is ranked before signing day. It means zilch. Many times in football (much more than basketball) a recruit flips his commitment between announcement day and signing day. To stress over this is futile.

Reactions: SlykkteeHMail
We need to have thicker skin, but he did not have an offer from Kentucky. Kentucky would only accept a commitment from a WR such as Tino Ellis at this point.

Good pickup for L'ville. Chose the Cards over Kentucky, Oregon, Green Bay Packers and a one night stand with Beyonce...

What would have been really awkward is if he tried to commit to Kentucky and had to pull and Anthony Johnson, have to re-open his recruitment immediately after putting the UK hat on.

Post of the month!!!!!!!!!!! [roll]

Look, I doubt anyone on this board has seen Keion play more games, save his parents, than me and Keion's on field production never lived to the hype. I hope he puts it together his senior season and becomes that AA he can be, but he: hasn't shown consistent hands to date, takes plays off (as in walks down field) and isn't even the best receiver on his team in terms of production. That title goes to Zack Smith who is a huge UL fan BTW and getting small college looks (he's small and white, sorry, but it is true that has an effect).

I wanted Keion at UK, badly because I'm a MALE guy, but from what I have seen I can totally see why we didn't have a spot for him. We surely offered long ago, but the WR spot filled up with better talent (true again, though it pains me) and both parties moved on. Hate that KW picked UL, but I knew it wasn't going to be UK for a long time. I was hoping for Purdue.

I hope he kills it in college, but not against UK. Honestly, surprised he was a take for UL at this point. Maybe after senior season with great results, but now? I figured UL thought the same about him as UK did.

Z is the better receiver he and Gentry (IIRC) was Davis favorite and best target last year. Z has been to a few camps this year and didn't have the results he was thought he would have but he will rebound by next year for sure.
I was a bit shocked UL offered knowing a few things I do, but I do understand. In my opinion you have to take flyers to build or rebuild a pipeline, cause Male does have some very good underclassmen. Actually outside a few players Males best players are underclassmen so maybe Petrino looking to strike the iron twice from Male with some future 'potential' all-star players.
The best attribute KW has is speed which you can't teach and maybe BP thinks he can make his hands better (which would shock me). But I will say this, don't be too shock if you see him switch to the other side of the ball. Just saying.

Last edited:
Watson's response was to a poster that said if Wakefield turned down Alabama to go to Louisville he was "nuts". That was the comparison with Elam - that he was "nuts" in the same way for turning down Alabama to go to UK - not that the kid wasn't a highly rated recruit.
Somebody finally gets it!

Reactions: BPGhost
Did not have an offer to Oregon either. He went out there on his own last summer along with his dad and brother, and his dad made a fool of himself the way he acted - that is 100% fact. Know some specific things that happened because of my line of work, and even had a call about it while he was on his visit. Put it this way his family wants and expects extra perks so no mystery why schools did not want the kid or the dad.

The staff obviously felt different than you. They have now picked up their top targets in Jefferson County which is their focal point.

From your post I assume you are saying it was a very poor year for recruiting in the city, although it was a pretty good year in the state. Glad that is the about the only place you can get commits in Kentucky, most of the rest of the state kids are close enough to see what kind of program it is and don't want any part of it.

Watson's response was to a poster that said if Wakefield turned down Alabama to go to Louisville he was "nuts". That was the comparison with Elam - that he was "nuts" in the same way for turning down Alabama to go to UK - not that the kid wasn't a highly rated recruit.

Thanks, you just confirmed that he was ignorant------Elam turning down Bama to come to his HOME STATE UNIVERSITY was by far his best option. Whether he becomes a great player here or not, if it is not then he probably wouldn't see the field at Bama, and if he is a great player he will be a hero to the whole state of Kentucky while not that big a deal in Alabama. And UK now has everything that anyone needs to become a great player, including what is now great facilities and probably the best S&C program in the nation, actually they did before, see Warfield and Cobb among many more, lots of them two stars UK will be a VERY good program before Elam leaves.

Also ignorant to think Wakefield would be nuts to turn down Bama for UL, while Elam has the talent and size to probably star there also, Wakefield would be a very long shot to ever make a game appearance at Bama, he probably will make some plays at UL in front of his friends and family.

Thanks, you just confirmed that he was ignorant------Elam turning down Bama to come to his HOME STATE UNIVERSITY was by far his best option. Whether he becomes a great player here or not, if it is not then he probably wouldn't see the field at Bama, and if he is a great player he will be a hero to the whole state of Kentucky while not that big a deal in Alabama. And UK now has everything that anyone needs to become a great player, including what is now great facilities and probably the best S&C program in the nation, actually they did before, see Warfield and Cobb among many more, lots of them two stars UK will be a VERY good program before Elam leaves.

Also ignorant to think Wakefield would be nuts to turn down Bama for UL, while Elam has the talent and size to probably star there also, Wakefield would be a very long shot to ever make a game appearance at Bama, he probably will make some plays at UL in front of his friends and family.

Clearly a matter of perception. As Elam decided on UK - he surely considered it his "best" option based upon his specific criteria. Clearly if you can play, the nfl guys will find you regardless of where you go to college. My guess is the chance at early playing time and the ability to stand out more at Kentucky were important factors as well.

Reactions: mwatson61
If you read any posts on the ul board they were all upset over Kash's comments, that's where this stems from. One side gets upset but the other side can't? That's the issue.
Poetex, the question was "why" should we care?
UL had a reason to get upset at what Kash did because their school was honestly and actually recruiting him for his commitment. So Kash actually scorned them or better yet Kash did "choose" UK 'over' UL.
In Keion's case, there wasn't a committable offer from UK and most fans that actually know what level of WR he is, we're NOT recruiting him for his commitment. And we know he did not have a "choice" in picking UL 'over' UK. With this knowledge of facts, why should I care what he did other than the comical view & understanding that this is yet another act of the 'inferiority complex' UL fans, players & coaches have towards UK?
That's the point. IMHO.

Did not have an offer to Oregon either. He went out there on his own last summer along with his dad and brother, and his dad made a fool of himself the way he acted - that is 100% fact. Know some specific things that happened because of my line of work, and even had a call about it while he was on his visit. Put it this way his family wants and expects extra perks so no mystery why schools did not want the kid or the dad.
This is 100% true. Also, add to the fact that the camp he attended was with a majority of 8-10 graders. He was 1 of the oldest players at the camp. That was why I personally chuckled when folks were raving about him winning that offensive MVP out there. Going against 8th grade CB should always help. Lol.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the kid and I wish him well, I just have issue with folks being 'overhyped', doesn't mean he will not develop into something special cause he does have marginal athleticism that could translate or morph.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Do you ever even check to see what you are saying is true?
Actually I did not check it today. I was going off info from Thursday my bad. The good news, we are both recruiting at levels not seen. Now it will come down to which coach can get the most out of this talent. I'll take Bobby.

Reactions: BPGhost
Actually I did not check it today. I was going off info from Thursday my bad. The good news, we are both recruiting at levels not seen. Now it will come down to which coach can get the most out of this talent. I'll take Bobby.

Of course you will, you are a UL fan, it doesn't bother you that you are a fan of just about the only program in the nation that would even let him on campus.

He should still be fighting the legal charges that should have been brought against him at Arkansas, let alone all the POS things he has done before that, including what he did to UL.

Welcome back, POS, just win.

Some FACTS for you.

I wish I could go troll the hell out of the UL boards. It would be total destruction over there if I was let loose. Pretty weak attempts here by the Card fans ^^^.
I can, but i'm gonna wait until we beat them down Nov 28. :sunglasses:

Actually Jauk...not true...Again, if Louisville had fallen through the Boys in Tusculoosa was ready to jump in according to ESPN Big XII Beat Writer Max Olsen...but it goes against the narritive.

Actually I was speaking of the illustrious leader of your young men, a shining example of what people will forget about if you are a winner.

What legal charges should your recruit be facing at Arkansas, and what did he do at your fine institurion of higher learning before.

And you have taken your pure speculation about him being accepted at Bama and elevated it to a truth. Bama isn't desperate for players like UL is, what would your team look like without all the second chances (and more than second usually, a lot of things don't get publicized, MOST schools do give athletes at least one second chance) you have filled your holes with this year.

Run it down for us, you know all about it.

No...not speculation but a Report from a ESPN Reporter and their Beat Writer for the Big XII...doubt they are in the speculation business...you get fired if you do that...

Max Olson ‏@max_olson Jul 23

Crazy but true: I was told Alabama recently expressed interest in Devonte Fields, in case he didn't get admitted by Louisville.

76 retweets 37 favorites

https://twitter.com/max_olson

FYI, 5* LB Lyndell Wilson is on Campus today at Louisville...I doubt he comes here but it shows that Big Time Players are interested in checking out Louisville and Petrino doesnt bother them...like the above poster said both schools are having much success this year on the Recruiting Trail.

Last edited:
Poetex, the question was "why" should we care?
UL had a reason to get upset at what Kash did because their school was honestly and actually recruiting him for his commitment. So Kash actually scorned them or better yet Kash did "choose" UK 'over' UL.
In Keion's case, there wasn't a committable offer from UK and most fans that actually know what level of WR he is, we're NOT recruiting him for his commitment. And we know he did not have a "choice" in picking UL 'over' UK. With this knowledge of facts, why should I care what he did other than the comical view & understanding that this is yet another act of the 'inferiority complex' UL fans, players & coaches have towards UK?
That's the point. IMHO.

Honestly if I was you, I would just ignore the posts where you disagree. Myself, I think of this site as a discussion board, some is good some not but I can pick or chose when I want to post.

Honestly if I was you, I would just ignore the posts where you disagree. Myself, I think of this site as a discussion board, some is good some not but I can pick or chose when I want to post.
Poetex, your post seems a bit confrontational and I don't know why that is. Maybe you are forgetting the history behind your post. I was stating my opinion about the original post you were responding to yourself.
Your answer would have been accurate (most like your response to my post) as to "why the thread" (IMO), judging by your response in reference to UL thread about Kash. (IMO) the poster question was "why should we care about what Keion did", which IMO would solicit a different response.
No one is referring to why the thread and that shouldn't solicit such a response about choice of such. I love all the thread, as this is just entertainment to me (beyond the insiders info about recruiting and such). I could care less about a post or its poster. As a matter of reference (again your post comes off a bit confrontational), I for one enjoy your post especially because they are articulated and knowledgeable. So please don't interpret my post as a challenge to yours. (By the way I know its possible to get lost in translation here at times but there is absolutely no sarcasm, only my honest opinion)

Poetex, your post seems a bit confrontational and I don't know why that is. Maybe you are forgetting the history behind your post. I was stating my opinion about the original post you were responding to yourself.
Your answer would have been accurate (most like your response to my post) as to "why the thread" (IMO), judging by your response in reference to UL thread about Kash. (IMO) the poster question was "why should we care about what Keion did", which IMO would solicit a different response.
No one is referring to why the thread and that shouldn't solicit such a response about choice of such. I love all the thread, as this is just entertainment to me (beyond the insiders info about recruiting and such). I could care less about a post or its poster. As a matter of reference (again your post comes off a bit confrontational), I for one enjoy your post especially because they are articulated and knowledgeable. So please don't interpret my post as a challenge to yours. (By the way I know its possible to get lost in translation here at times but there is absolutely no sarcasm, only my honest opinion)

Honestly it none of the above, I sometimes don't like some of the topics that I see but I know everyone has their right so that's where I was going with my post. Nothing personal at all, this is why I hate texting, so hard to get your meaning across.

Actually I was speaking of the illustrious leader of your young men, a shining example of what people will forget about if you are a winner.

What legal charges should your recruit be facing at Arkansas, and what did he do at your fine institurion of higher learning before.

And you have taken your pure speculation about him being accepted at Bama and elevated it to a truth. Bama isn't desperate for players like UL is, what would your team look like without all the second chances (and more than second usually, a lot of things don't get publicized, MOST schools do give athletes at least one second chance) you have filled your holes with this year.

Run it down for us, you know all about it.

"you have filled your holes with this year.". Well at least you got to the truth about why it bothers you so much. It's completely about feeling that Louisville's decision to accept these kids allows them to win more than you think they should and more importantly - puts Kentucky at a competitive disadvantage. If it was a school in the Pac12, you'd have no moral outrage - you wouldn't care. And if it wasn't about feeling disadvantaged, you'd simply sit back and allow Louisville to become a bigger "national joke".

You guys are big on Louisville fans admitting that it's all about the wins - how about some honesty from Kentucky fans?

"you have filled your holes with this year.". Well at least you got to the truth about why it bothers you so much. It's completely about feeling that Louisville's decision to accept these kids allows them to win more than you think they should and more importantly - puts Kentucky at a competitive disadvantage. If it was a school in the Pac12, you'd have no moral outrage - you wouldn't care. And if it wasn't about feeling disadvantaged, you'd simply sit back and allow Louisville to become a bigger "national joke".

You guys are big on Louisville fans admitting that it's all about the wins - how about some honesty from Kentucky fans?

Since I know you have never seen it from your site I will fill you in. Yes most of us would still be appalled if UCLA would accept every kid kicked out of a previous college for a crime they committed. But concerning ul, you are a school in the state of Kentucky no matter what, so it comes down to this. If you had a sister who kept marrying losers over and over, it becomes embarrassing after awhile and that can be said of ul. Now do some of these kids deserve a second chance, maybe so, but a lot don't deserve to make a lateral move to another D-1 school.

Since I know you have never seen it from your site I will fill you in. Yes most of us would still be appalled if UCLA would accept every kid kicked out of a previous college for a crime they committed. But concerning ul, you are a school in the state of Kentucky no matter what, so it comes down to this. If you had a sister who kept marrying losers over and over, it becomes embarrassing after awhile and that can be said of ul. Now do some of these kids deserve a second chance, maybe so, but a lot don't deserve to make a lateral move to another D-1 school.

So what Kentucky fans really want is for Louisville to be successful without accepting transfers? Lol - You may want to fill your fellow fans in on that. I don't know if you'd be appalled if UCLA took all of the transfers that come to Louisville - I'll take you at your word - I just know it wouldn't ever be a topic on here. Well that is until the day came that Kentucky played UCLA. And no offense but, your "sister" analogy is utter nonsense. If it's one thing that Kentucky fans don't feel - it's embarrassment for any of their rivals when they feel they look bad.

So what Kentucky fans really want is for Louisville to be successful without accepting transfers? Lol - You may want to fill your fellow fans in on that. I don't know if you'd be appalled if UCLA took all of the transfers that come to Louisville - I'll take you at your word - I just know it wouldn't ever be a topic on here. Well that is until the day came that Kentucky played UCLA. And no offense but, your "sister" analogy is utter nonsense. If it's one thing that Kentucky fans don't feel - it's embarrassment for any of their rivals when they feel they look bad.

Ha, you didn't want honesty or the truth, heck I'm embarrassed just having ul in the state, lol.

Keon is a chump. A smallish wide receiver who couldn't sniff Doug Beaumont's jock strap and that kid was nothing special aside from being sure handed.

Not even worth talking about. If he played ball in Ohio he'd be a honorable mention All-State type talent. The only jawing he's gonna be doing for the next 5 years is from the sidelines.

I suspect the main reason BP offered him is to get his fingers in the Male pie to attract few much more talented underclassmen on that team.

FYI, 5* LB Lyndell Wilson is on Campus today at Louisville...I doubt he comes here but it shows that Big Time Players are interested in checking out Louisville and Petrino doesnt bother them...like the above poster said both schools are having much success this year on the Recruiting Trail.

Wilson also came to Kentucky. He is not remotely interested in UofL the same way he's not remotely interested in UK. He's doing his boys a solid and trying to land his friends offers, tagging along with them on trips/camps and keeping his recruitment open will get as many eyes as possible on his friends. Bama's not just the horse to beat in this race, Bama's the horse to beat and the field is paralytic donkeys. Even Auburn's backed off on him and conceded the fight to Bama... But if spending an afternoon with a guy like Bobby Petrino gets his buddies offers and they go from Grambling State type players to ACC offers, he should be sainted.

Wilson also came to Kentucky. He is not remotely interested in UofL the same way he's not remotely interested in UK. He's doing his boys a solid and trying to land his friends offers, tagging along with them on trips/camps and keeping his recruitment open will get as many eyes as possible on his friends. Bama's not just the horse to beat in this race, Bama's the horse to beat and the field is paralytic donkeys. Even Auburn's backed off on him and conceded the fight to Bama... But if spending an afternoon with a guy like Bobby Petrino gets his buddies offers and they go from Grambling State type players to ACC offers, he should be sainted.

@Iam__MW3: The Ville definitely in my top . ⚫️ #PlayYourCardsRight ❗️ http://t.co/QknlYagZSq

http://collegespun.com/acc/louisvil...l-wilson-boasts-about-louisville-during-visit

Last edited:

I will tell you what bothers me, always has and always will, cheating. I campaigned heavily against BP to UK on here, even while acknowledging he "might" be one of the best OCs around. And UL has cheated in every possible way, and what is even more irritating is that with the incompetent NCAA in charge they don't even get investigated, something that I think hurtt would have had an incredible problem withstanding. And I think there are good reasons why Strong couldn't take the TU (Thug U, they have been in the cheating game for decades, earned the TU over UL being called TU for Transfer U with one night of debauchery where NO ONE was even given a parking ticket for the two heinous crimes) AND why jurich couldn't fire him when the NCAA wanted them to. Your use of the expense stipend just another joke of how you bend the rules------Like the other big cheaters we play, Auburn and TU.

How about answering the question, how many of your holes are being filled with players you gained from chasing the rejects from other football teams, there were reasons for them being available for those low enough to recruit them. The weird thing is that all these JCs and troubled young men become Rhodes scholars that UL fans brag about when they get to UL, LOL.

And a few FACTS about the recruiting standings, your 20th place standing is really helped by having both your four star QBs still listed as commits, I think one of them indicated he is leaving, and even if he doesn't they won't both be on the field at the same time. Also a big weakness of both UL and UK is the big Uglies on both sides of the ball, UK added SEVERAL four stars there, and yes, one is a transfer, but one that wanted to come here to start with and he isn't a criminal. BIG difference. Also two 5.6 DL with a flyer on a two star with potential. UL has a 5.5 and a 5.6 OL (a JC short term solution) on their commit list and two 5.5 DL commit, NOT a good job of filling needs.

Although it does seem like the great big guys seem to be the ones most likely to assault a woman, so you probably will be able to fill a few holes there in your normal manner.

Last edited:
I will tell you what bothers me, always has and always will, cheating. I campaigned heavily against BP to UK on here, even while acknowledging he "might" be one of the best OCs around. And UL has cheated in every possible way, and what is even more irritating is that with the incompetent NCAA in charge they don't even get investigated, something that I think hurtt would have had an incredible problem withstanding. And I think there are good reasons why Strong couldn't take the TU (Thug U, they have been in the cheating game for decades, earned the TU over UL being called TU for Transfer U with one night of debauchery where NO ONE was even given a parking ticket for the two heinous crimes) AND why jurich couldn't fire him when the NCAA wanted them to. Your use of the expense stipend just another joke of how you bend the rules------Like the other big cheaters we play, Auburn and TU.

How about answering the question, how many of your holes are being filled with players you gained from chasing the rejects from other football teams, there were reasons for them being available for those low enough to recruit them. The weird thing is that all these JCs and troubled young men become Rhodes scholars that UL fans brag about when they get to UL, LOL.

And a few FACTS about the recruiting standings, your 20th place standing is really helped by having both your four star QBs still listed as commits, I think one of them indicated he is leaving, and even if he doesn't they won't both be on the field at the same time. Also a big weakness of both UL and UK is the big Uglies on both sides of the ball, UK added SEVERAL four stars there, and yes, one is a transfer, but one that wanted to come here to start with and he isn't a criminal. BIG difference. Also two 5.6 DL with a flyer on a two star with potential. UL has a 5.5 and a 5.6 OL (a JC short term solution) on their commit list and two 5.5 DL commit, NOT a good job of filling needs.

Although it does seem like the great big guys seem to be the ones most likely to assault a woman, so you probably will be able to fill a few holes there in your normal manner.

What an interesting and entertaining post. Typically when a post begins as a fantasy filled rant, it devolves even further but, there were some real moments of lucidity towards the end. Easiest for me to respond in order.

1. Everything in your 1st paragraph after sentence #2 is pure conjecture on your part - other than your dislike for all things Louisville, there is nothing tangible there.
2. The question of how many spots Louisville fills with transfers has been answered many times before. The actual number changes from year to year but essentially the answer is this - as many as they want to / can. A small number have had prior issues but most are transfers that are brought in (Tyler Ferguson comes to mind) to fill spots that simply wanted a fresh playing start. Now that I've answered that question again, how about you speaking to my assertion that the only reason you're fixated on these transfers is because you believe that it allows Louisville to win more than you think they should, that it puts Kentucky at a competitive disadvantage and, makes it tougher for Kentucky to beat Louisville?
3. I've not posted one thing about recruiting rankings but feel that both Kentucky and Louisville are recruiting at very high levels - which as a fan of football here in the commonwealth, is exciting to see.

Actually he didnt make it to Kentucky...they went to WKU after they left Louisville and back to Montgomery...also he has stated that Louisville is going to be on his list...from the kid mouth:

‏@Iam__MW3 17h17 hours ago

Stopped by Western Kentucky with my bros .
1f47f.png

‏@Iam__MW3 21h21 hours ago

Heading back to my hometown Montgomery, AL .. See you next time Louisville

‏@Iam__MW3 23h23 hours ago

The Ville definitely in my top .
1f534.png
26ab.png
#PlayYourCardsRight
2757.png

But at the end of the Day it is going to be either Bama or Auburn but apparantly UofL made a Great Impression yesterday.
https://twitter.com/iam__mw3

Reactions: Steelers2012
My deepest apologies... He's clearly gonna go to WKU now cause he visited there, so it shows 5 stars are clearly interested in Western... Hope Bama can rebound.

Mack Wilson's off the table. If you wanna compete with WKU for Xavier Lane out of Carver, the reason Mack Wilson was kicking around in KY this weekend, he looks to be a much better WR than the one this threads about. Big, strong blocker, hands made out of flesh instead of cement. Not a P5 prospect but potential there.

My deepest apologies... He's clearly gonna go to WKU now cause he visited there, so it shows 5 stars are clearly interested in Western... Hope Bama can rebound.

Mack Wilson's off the table. If you wanna compete with WKU for Xavier Lane out of Carver, the reason Mack Wilson was kicking around in KY this weekend, he looks to be a much better WR than the one this threads about. Big, strong blocker, hands made out of flesh instead of cement. Not a P5 prospect but potential there.

Probably for his other teammates to get a look at...Look, doubt he comes here but just saying UofL made a Impression...good enough that we are now being considered...from Mack Wilson himself...it is what it is...

Actually he didnt make it to Kentucky...they went to WKU after they left Louisville and back to Montgomery...also he has stated that Louisville is going to be on his list...from the kid mouth:

‏@Iam__MW3 17h17 hours ago

Stopped by Western Kentucky with my bros .
1f47f.png

‏@Iam__MW3 21h21 hours ago

Heading back to my hometown Montgomery, AL .. See you next time Louisville

‏@Iam__MW3 23h23 hours ago

The Ville definitely in my top .
1f534.png
26ab.png
#PlayYourCardsRight
2757.png

But at the end of the Day it is going to be either Bama or Auburn but apparantly UofL made a Great Impression yesterday.
https://twitter.com/iam__mw3

Interesting comment about playing your cards right, maybe he is telling jurich he needs to raise the ante, LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT