ADVERTISEMENT

Keon Wakefield to UL (Disses UK)

For all the UL fans claiming you have a great class, remember you will lose your 4 star WR and a 4 star QB...

For all the UL fans claiming you have a great class, remember you will lose your 4 star WR and a 4 star QB...

Really...as of 24 July 2015 they are committed as of right now to Louisville and according to the So-Called Experts they are in on some other high profile players.

But in the here and now Louisville has a Top 20 Class as does Kentucky

Really...as of 24 July 2015 they are committed as of right now to Louisville and according to the So-Called Experts they are in on some other high profile players.

But in the here and now Louisville has a Top 20 Class as does Kentucky

Look here, the red Calvary has arrived to try to rescue the Louisville idiot.

Sorry, not buying the "we pulled his offer card". THat gets played way too much. Even if they are focusing on Defense now, you don't pass on a talent like Kewon. You take him and force someone to decommit.

……….and that pretty well sums up UL's basketball and football commitment to recruits/players with an exclamation point.

Thanks for the confirmation. Open mouth and put in foot.

All Rival Fan Bases pull the pulled offer card...it is stupid...just be happy with the players you got.

Two of the better players on both UofL-(Lorenzo Mauldin) and For Kentucky Bud Dupree were either did have Commitable offers from their Dream School or was in Mauldin case offered a Grayshirt.

Again both schools are Recruiting at a Level never seen in the Commonwealth...enjoy the moment

All Rival Fan Bases pull the pulled offer card...it is stupid...just be happy with the players you got.

Two of the better players on both UofL-(Lorenzo Mauldin) and For Kentucky Bud Dupree were either did have Commitable offers from their Dream School or was in Mauldin case offered a Grayshirt.

Again both schools are Recruiting at a Level never seen in the Commonwealth...enjoy the moment
After last night, Louisville's class jumped to 18 on Rivals and 23 on Scout. I'd say the Petrino effect is in full force.

Agreed. Also, the talent in the state is at a high level compared to what it has been of late. Producing much more than it has been for a long time. Maybe more players are looking to be noticed, maybe more recruiting services are paying attention to Kentucky now that both UK as well as UofL is serious about their football programs, but who knows.

That said, while I don't know for sure (and don't hold me to this), Justin Rowland is good at what he does, and is well informed. He left this bit of information.

At any rate, he made a decision that he's happy with. Kid can't go to Oregon, so he'll play at Louisville. Congratulations to him, hat trick aside.

After last night, Louisville's class jumped to 18 on Rivals and 23 on Scout. I'd say the Petrino effect is in full force.

Do you all have something called the Stoops effect as well? We're posting very similar results in this class. Probably more 4 star players overall (in terms of rankings from all recruiting services, as UK has 6 in this class), so I would be very disappointed if there is no Stoops effect.

Reactions: SlykkteeHMail
Agreed. Also, the talent in the state is at a high level compared to what it has been of late. Producing much more than it has been for a long time. Maybe more players are looking to be noticed, maybe more recruiting services are paying attention to Kentucky now that both UK as well as UofL is serious about their football programs, but who knows.

That said, while I don't know for sure (and don't hold me to this), Justin Rowland is good at what he does, and is well informed. He left this bit of information.

At any rate, he made a decision that he's happy with. Kid can't go to Oregon, so he'll play at Louisville. Congratulations to him, hat trick aside.

Do you all have something called the Stoops effect as well? We're posting very similar results in this class. Probably more 4 star players overall (in terms of rankings from all recruiting services, as UK has 6 in this class), so I would be very disappointed if there is no Stoops effect.
Louisville has a player or two ranked as 4 star on ESPN as well. I mentioned the Petrino effect because there is so much commentary about Louisville on a downward spiral on this board which is obviously wishful thinking. I get the hate for the man, but kids and their families obviously are comfortable playing for him.

Louisville has a player or two ranked as 4 star on ESPN as well. I mentioned the Petrino effect because there is so much commentary about Louisville on a downward spiral on this board which is obviously wishful thinking. I get the hate for the man, but kids and their families obviously are comfortable playing for him.

The "Petrino Effect" is L.D. Scott-(Petrino Son in Law) is doing a hellva job on the Recruiting Trail and in his duties as DLine Coach. Also UofL is now able to sell its ACC membership and the amount of players they have placed in the NFL

Again both schools are in 2015 Killing it on Recruiting...for Kentucky they did very well of course in 2014

Last edited:
Wakefield did not have a spot at UK. I am not sure he will have a spot at UL by the end of the season...Pass and Fitzpatrick are the type of guys you can get pumped about...Wakefield is not - could've gotten him at any time in the recruiting process.

Wakefield did not have a spot at UK. I am not sure he will have a spot at UL by the end of the season...Pass and Fitzpatrick are the type of guys you can get pumped about...Wakefield is not - could've gotten him at any time in the recruiting process.
The staff obviously felt different than you. They have now picked up their top targets in Jefferson County which is their focal point.

The staff obviously felt different than you. They have now picked up their top targets in Jefferson County which is their focal point.

The question is whether Wakefield was still targeted. I don't know, myself. Won't claim to know, but I feel very strongly that Justin Rowland does, and Rowland suggests that Wakefield, in fact, did not have a committable offer to Kentucky.
I mean, he'll be a good player, I won't dismiss that, but it seems like he was just a good player that Kentucky is going to pass on. We have quite a few receivers on the roster already. Probably wouldn't pick any more up unless they're immediate impact receivers. In this class alone, UK has commitments at the WR position from Holtzclaw, Hughes, and Ross.

I assume you would've responded the same way had I said this about Matt Colburn at this time last year.

funny that a kid in the hills of Eastern Kentucky (Kash Daniels) was more of a priority and importance in recruiting than "their top targets in Jefferson County"

Someone explain to me why I should care if a 17 year old kid wants to throw a UK hat in the floor and stomp it. That would be the same stupidity that the Birdies and their fans display when someone dances on their chicken at mid field.

There is no request/approval process for posting on the UofL board, so I have no insight into his background that might shed any light on his true allegiance. He has been around and has maintained he is a Card fan for a pretty long time.

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!! Really? You have no approval process to post on red bird site? Tell that to the hundreds of banned fans around the state who are not ul fans. Steelers, you should go into comedy with some of your lines, lol. You are either funny or stupid but i'll will hold on to my opinion.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
i
Someone explain to me why I should care if a 17 year old kid wants to throw a UK hat in the floor and stomp it. That would be the same stupidity that the Birdies and their fans display when someone dances on their chicken at mid field.
it doesn't bother me, its a rivalry. it's just that, to me, you put the hats up there of the teams who you could of went to (even if those schollies have passed) but to put hats up there of teams you didn't get an offer from and to fake putting on a UK hat when he no longer had a ride here is just silly on his part. it's like the bball player that fake put on the UK hat then picked up the ncstate hat and said he liked the vibe at ncstate better.... problem is he never had an offer and was just shamelessly self promoting.

the coverage of kewon committing on whas was hilarious. it should of been "local kid gets dream offer" but they sold it as ul beat out UK, the duckbilled beavers, and many others for his services when it wasn't a recruiting battle. i've read post on the ul board this spring that he was a fall back for them and they had several guys ranked ahead of him... so it is what it is.

If you read any posts on the ul board they were all upset over Kash's comments, that's where this stems from. One side gets upset but the other side can't? That's the issue.

Happy that you can put a spin on your 5.6 small WR that apparently had run out of viable options, and your other 5.5 Louisville product, because we sure as hell are happy with our THREE four stars from out in the state, not to mention 5 of the 6 top prospects in the state, some with serious interest from other top programs

All of you trolls acknowledge that the OL is UL's biggest weakness and you are happy with the two you got while we got the TWO four star OL prospects in the state PLUS the #2 ILB in the whole country plus two other prospects with a bright future..

Only a delusional Transfer U fan could come up with spin talk like that, congratulations, keep it coming..

Last edited:
Happy that you can put a spin on your 5.6 small WR that apparently had run out of viable options, and your other 5.5 Louisville product, because we sure as hell are happy with our THREE four stars from out in the state, not to mention 5 of the 6 top prospects in the state, some with serious interest from other top programs

All of you trolls acknowledge that the OL is UL's biggest weakness and you are happy with the two you got while we got the TWO four star OL prospects in the state PLUS the #2 ILB in the whole country plus two other prospects with a bright future..

Only a delusional Transfer U fan could come up with spin talk like that, congratulations, keep it coming..

Sometimes jauk it's like shooting fish in a barrel, lol

I've been out of pocket the past day and a half tending to some family business, so I'm just catching up.

Wakefield's "hat trick" is a tired and unoriginal stunt. It reflects much more poorly on him personally, by extension, UL and their fans, than it does on UK.

When his brother left the UK program a week or so, it didn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out Keion wasn't coming to UK - Larry Holmes could've figured that one out.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is laughing it off, and 10 is devastating (think Tim Couch flipping right before NSD), this recruiting development is about a 2, maybe a 2.5.

Good luck to Mr. Wakefield, but we won't really miss him.

If getting Wakefield was not such a big deal, why did UofL's recruiting rating jump from the 30's to 23 after his announcement and then later that night jump to 18th when the LB Peterson committed? Such average players should not hold that much weight, wouldn't you agree?

It's just Louisville, who cares? Some of you guys act like they even remotely matter.

Leave them alone and forget about them. Once Kentucky gets back on top of this 'rivalry' as they should've always been, they'll be a distant memory. Kentucky fans really need to focus on actual teams that matter.

If getting Wakefield was not such a big deal, why did UofL's recruiting rating jump from the 30's to 23 after his announcement and then later that night jump to 18th when the LB Peterson committed? Such average players should not hold that much weight, wouldn't you agree?

because it added another recruit to their total.

Reactions: Poetax
The difference is Kash could go to UL or USC if he wished. He didn't have hats on his table that didn't want him to come play there.

LOL.

Were you trying to be funny, it just came across as being ignorant. I tried to find Saban's comment where he said Elam was the best DT prospect he had seen (I'm sure he meant in the 14 class, but didn't specify), not sure if he meant it or it was commitment BS, but he said it. Also I did find a reference to Notre Dame being in the fight to sign him, two pretty good football programs.

And I also found this quote from an Alabama recruiting roundup at the time:

"Defensive Tackle - O.J. Smith (6-2/330) is a recent Bama commit. The Bossier City NT turned in a solid performance at Bama’s OL/DL in June. Johnny Dwight (6-3 300) has committed as well.
Many of you are well aware of 5-star Matt Elam. The 6-6/325 Elizabethtown, KY native is one of the top D-linemen in the nation. It appears to be coming down to whether he is willing to leave his home state for the potential glories of Tuscaloosa. UK might have a slight edge"

Also note that they called him a five star at the time, lasted until it became obvious he would commit to UK.

Watson's response was to a poster that said if Wakefield turned down Alabama to go to Louisville he was "nuts". That was the comparison with Elam - that he was "nuts" in the same way for turning down Alabama to go to UK - not that the kid wasn't a highly rated recruit.

Reactions: mwatson61
If you read any posts on the ul board they were all upset over Kash's comments, that's where this stems from. One side gets upset but the other side can't? That's the issue.

No one is saying that you can't get upset - for the record (and as I previously said in this thread) Wakefield's move was immature and unnecessary. Committable offer or not, I'm sure Kentucky recruited him in professional and proper manner and there is no reason for him to be disrespectful to any coach or program. That goes for any recruit.

I wish I could go troll the hell out of the UL boards. It would be total destruction over there if I was let loose. Pretty weak attempts here by the Card fans ^^^.

I wish I could go troll the hell out of the UL boards. It would be total destruction over there if I was let loose. Pretty weak attempts here by the Card fans ^^^.

. . . And I go inside my septic tank if I really wanted to, but I know it would be an unpleasant experience. :flush: For the same reason, I won't waste time and energy trolling the UL board. I say ignore the trolls and don't give them the satisfaction of responding to them.

ADVERTISEMENT