ADVERTISEMENT

Keon Wakefield to UL (Disses UK)

That's not a knock on Oregon or their program. I think the Beavers have a great program but if you are a wide receiver, wouldn't rather play in a pass happy offense? I know I would. Why would I want to go somewhere and only block? Come on, you have to admit that makes sense.

The Oregon Beavers!

Reactions: brianpoe
Sorry, not buying the "we pulled his offer card". THat gets played way too much. Even if they are focusing on Defense now, you don't pass on a talent like Kewon. You take him and force someone to decommit.
---
Good lord troll, at least spell your "friend's" name right....it's not Kewon! There are about 5,000 Keon Wakefield's out there, UK didn't need any more.

Spica Orbit

MODS...these card guys are obviously only trying to stir the pot.
Steelers edits and bans UK fans for less over there, why are their fans allowed to flame here?

Yes, Steelers, I know you are lurking...a search show you were her just "a moment ago"

My stupid tard neigbor claims there is not a single player or coach at UK that has ever beat loserville. He is just mad because we always have better players.

I'm going to go with Bobby Petrino.

Sincerely,
SCimfHeLgfns.jpg

Sir, you just won the internet!!!

Reactions: brianpoe
To cheat on your wife you have to be a conniving, deceitful, secretive, lieing person without morals so you don't get caught. I'm sure those skills can be utilized in other aspects of your personal and professional life.
BC92...must be wonderful for otis fans knowing all these adjectives fit your coaches to a T....

So the punchline is your comment (as a Kentucky fan) calling Hurtt the biggest cheater in the history of recruiting and, insinuating that Hurtt cheated at Louisville even though you haven't a shred of proof. Meanwhile UK's recruiting coordinator is run out of football for essentially forever for paying players.

so who is the cheater on Louisville's staff?

Well, since I assume jurich hired them all without any interference then I would say just pick any one of them and they would qualify.

MODS...these card guys are obviously only trying to stir the pot.
Steelers edits and bans UK fans for less over there, why are their fans allowed to flame here?

Yes, Steelers, I know you are lurking...a search show you were her just "a moment ago"

This is not news. I've been lurking and posting on UofL threads here since 2011. It would be as pointless as me pointing out you lurk on the UofL board. BTW, thanks for the shout out on the wagering thread, it got me a couple of friendly wagers.

Look, I doubt anyone on this board has seen Keion play more games, save his parents, than me and Keion's on field production never lived to the hype. I hope he puts it together his senior season and becomes that AA he can be, but he: hasn't shown consistent hands to date, takes plays off (as in walks down field) and isn't even the best receiver on his team in terms of production. That title goes to Zack Smith who is a huge UL fan BTW and getting small college looks (he's small and white, sorry, but it is true that has an effect).

I wanted Keion at UK, badly because I'm a MALE guy, but from what I have seen I can totally see why we didn't have a spot for him. We surely offered long ago, but the WR spot filled up with better talent (true again, though it pains me) and both parties moved on. Hate that KW picked UL, but I knew it wasn't going to be UK for a long time. I was hoping for Purdue.

I hope he kills it in college, but not against UK. Honestly, surprised he was a take for UL at this point. Maybe after senior season with great results, but now? I figured UL thought the same about him as UK did.

Where is the risk?

If they find someone better they just tell hin he misunderstood their offer, it was really a grayshirt, and if he doesn't like it oh well.

Reactions: TKE_
Kids, he certainly had an offer from UK. No doubt there. Don't hate on the kid for having some fun. It's just part of the rivalry. It's all good fun. I know Kewon is a great kid and he would never mean any harm by any of that. Let's be civil and refrain from 'throwing him to the ground'.

It's funny how that only works one way. We had a kid do that and the red site exploded.

Last edited:
Reference my post above, seems like you agree with me. per your post:
Petjurino said:
"Sorry, not buying the "we pulled his offer card". THat gets played way too much. Even if they are focusing on Defense now, you don't pass on a talent like Kewon. You take him and force someone to decommit."

You only get a grade of 25% on your post, because while you completely missed the mark on your first three statements (complete with the wrong name) you really scored in spades with your last sentence.

I didn't really see it as a diss. The hat fake is what kids do these days.
Agreed. Let's also keep in mind that Kash Daniel "dissed"(for lack of a better term) UL when he committed to UK. Wasn't a big deal then, isn't a big deal now.

Nah, I'd bet he got over the loss of Claude Bassett long ago...

So BP, starting early being a jerk on here. The mods here have given you guys way to much rope, time to take the trash out to the curb.

Reactions: JHB4UK
Not true. Oregon plays stictly run offense. Bobby throws it all over the field upwards of 60 times a game. If you were a receiver would you rather play in a system where all you will do is block or a system where you can catch the ball and get out in space? As a receiver, UofL please.

You don't seem to know much about your own team much less Oregon. Louisville had 511 rushing attempts last year vs only 428 passing attempts. So Bobby "throw it around the field" Petrino only passed 45% of the time and at 35 attempts/game. Meanwhile the run happy offense the "beavers" ran yielded 42% of their plays through the air. 474 passing vs 644 rushing. 31 attempts per game. These of course are facts so I will let you slide as we know most uofl fans discount facts.

The staff has not been in contact since the Jr. days during BB season. He and AL Baker's son were offered last year and the offer was committable until UK decided to move on. In Baker's case, he decided to de commit last year, UK was marginal on his commitment anyway so no biggie and they may not have accepted. This kid had offer and timetable and was told that whoever commits first gets it. UK has not been in contact with this kid since February. They decided to move on after Jr. days. Sorry UL but UK would have taken last year but the offer was not acceptable after February.
IMO

What happened to UK locking down the city of Louisville? Rodjay Burns and now Wakefield. Two talented players playing for top notch championship caliber 6A programs in the state. By the way, his commitment bumped Louisvilles class to #23 on Rivals ahead of both Florida and Auburn with only 3 more spots available. So much for the decline of Louisvilles recruiting under Petrino!

Five out of six, not bad, especially since we got players at WR we wanted more. How does he rank compared to Drake and our other other four star OL, and how many good prospects do you think he will talk into committing to UL? Not bad speed, but small, do you think he will be outrunning the bigger Robinson that DOES have interest from some great programs, did Oregon just overlook the fact that he was theirs for the asking. I'm almost sure UK wasn't interested, but you probably know different?

Burns is a ho hum 5.5 rating, what other great programs were all over him?

Where is the risk?

If they find someone better they just tell hin he misunderstood their offer, it was really a grayshirt, and if he doesn't like it oh well.

It's the UL way...

as for the hat thing... i dont mind it if a kid actually has a choice. sure he should put all the hats up there but if he was gonna do the hat fake it should of at least been to purdue where he could of committed. kash doing it was funny cause he could of gone to any of the schools on his list... hell, kash could call up bobby tomorrow and say he changed his mind and they would take him... he's that good of an athlete. kewon is a good receiver and will probably catch a lot of passes in his career but i dont see him being in the same ball park with t.v. williams and williams will be 2nd string as a soph.

Not true. Oregon plays stictly run offense. Bobby throws it all over the field upwards of 60 times a game. If you were a receiver would you rather play in a system where all you will do is block or a system where you can catch the ball and get out in space? As a receiver, UofL please.

This is a serious question, were you born stupid or did you just evolve that way? BP threw the ball an average of 32.7 times per game in 2014 and 33.9 in 2013. The closest he ever got to 60 was 48 at Western.

Oregon's numbers were 31 passes per game in 2013 and 31.6 in 2014.

Have you ever watched football, do you know what a pass is?

And someone please make him quit calling them the beavers.

Did he throw the Bama hat on the floor and stomp on it also?

Surely it was on the table.
Don't know if he threw a bama hat or not but I do know it also doesn't matter. Its an 18 year old making his commitment. I don't really care if he jumps out of a cake with candle tip pasties. He picked a horrible school because we have a huge log jam at his position.

Rodjay Burns is a better player than Keion from what I've seen. More versatile. What Keion did today with the hat switch gets zero rise out me as I knew he wasn't (couldn't) pick UK anyway. I'm not convinced UL 'loves' him either. Maybe a fall back for them, greyshirt.

Steelers, I know you're a mod over on your site. Is Petjurino one of yours? I can't tell if he's the biggest idiot card fan I've ever seen, or a marginal idiot cat fan pretending to be a first ballot hall of fame cards idiot. I've known someone as dumb as his posts make him seam... but just the one, and I've seen a lot of people in a lot of places.

Rodjay Burns is a better player than Keion from what I've seen. More versatile. What Keion did today with the hat switch gets zero rise out me as I knew he wasn't (couldn't) pick UK anyway. I'm not convinced UL 'loves' him either. Maybe a fall back for them, greyshirt.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if L'ville doesn't let him sign on signing day. Petrino does the cut throat signing day shit made famous in Alabama. A kid who named a top 3 and then had no offers from any of the 3? seems tailor made to have his ride pulled and be given a greyshirt as you say. What is he gonna do if Bobby pulls his offer at the midnight hour, go to Centre? If they pull his offer he'll take the greyshirt/blueshirt, whatever they let him have.

Reactions: JHB4UK and TKE_
Steelers, I know you're a mod over on your site. Is Petjurino one of yours? I can't tell if he's the biggest idiot card fan I've ever seen, or a marginal idiot cat fan pretending to be a first ballot hall of fame cards idiot. I've known someone as dumb as his posts make him seam... but just the one, and I've seen a lot of people in a lot of places.

There is no request/approval process for posting on the UofL board, so I have no insight into his background that might shed any light on his true allegiance. He has been around and has maintained he is a Card fan for a pretty long time.

Reactions: Jon(-24)
There is no request/approval process for posting on the UofL board, so I have no insight into his background that might shed any light on his true allegiance. He has been around and has maintained he is a Card fan for a pretty long time.

Just thought he might post over on the Cards board differently if at all.

Also, I stand by my spelling of seem... it was glorious.

Just like Elam last year turning down Alabama for UK.

LOL.

Were you trying to be funny, it just came across as being ignorant. I tried to find Saban's comment where he said Elam was the best DT prospect he had seen (I'm sure he meant in the 14 class, but didn't specify), not sure if he meant it or it was commitment BS, but he said it. Also I did find a reference to Notre Dame being in the fight to sign him, two pretty good football programs.

And I also found this quote from an Alabama recruiting roundup at the time:

"Defensive Tackle - O.J. Smith (6-2/330) is a recent Bama commit. The Bossier City NT turned in a solid performance at Bama’s OL/DL in June. Johnny Dwight (6-3 300) has committed as well.
Many of you are well aware of 5-star Matt Elam. The 6-6/325 Elizabethtown, KY native is one of the top D-linemen in the nation. It appears to be coming down to whether he is willing to leave his home state for the potential glories of Tuscaloosa. UK might have a slight edge"

Also note that they called him a five star at the time, lasted until it became obvious he would commit to UK.

Sorry, not buying the "we pulled his offer card". THat gets played way too much. Even if they are focusing on Defense now, you don't pass on a talent like Kewon. You take him and force someone to decommit.
He belongs with Devonte Fields and the rest of Petrino's trash..now run along back to the rock you were hiding under..[sick]

ADVERTISEMENT