ADVERTISEMENT

Keon Wakefield to UL (Disses UK)

Guess our DBs will have to pick him up and throw him down then. Or let him try going the middle with Firios waiting to tattoo him.

When his walkon brother "left" the UK football program I knew the writing was on the wall for Keon to go to UL.

Did he even have a committable offer? I hear he turned down Alabama too......

He had no commitable offer from UK. This is the football equivalent to that guy who says that a model wanted him, but he had to "follow his heart" to whatever trailer trash he's shacking up with.

Which begs the question: why even put a UK hat on the table? You mad bro?

Sweet, heats up the rivalry and gives our boys even more reason to lay a fella out. Love it!

He had no commitable offer from UK. This is the football equivalent to that guy who says that a model wanted him, but he had to "follow his heart" to whatever trailer trash he's shacking up with.

Which begs the question: why even put a UK hat on the table? You mad bro?

Possibly a Bobby P. idea?

Looks like UL is where he belongs. He begged for an Oregon offer and listed them forever but that never materialized. Maybe he should have put that hat out there to. He never got a solid offer from UK and his little brother split town because of it. We have better in house and better WR on the way. No reason to be a punk during the supposed biggest day of your life because you are butthurt.

Kids, he certainly had an offer from UK. No doubt there. Don't hate on the kid for having some fun. It's just part of the rivalry. It's all good fun. I know Kewon is a great kid and he would never mean any harm by any of that. Let's be civil and refrain from 'throwing him to the ground'.

If anyone with inside knowledge of the situation knew, Wakefield didn't have a committable offer 'today'. At one point when Neal Brown was here, he did but as time has went on UK started filling up and his spot got taken. UK has a very limited number of scholarships left and they are focusing on the DL and LB and may be the best overall talent left they can get. No hard feelings here, but UK isn't going to waste a scholorship on Wakefield at this time with their current commit list and how picky they are going to be to finish out this class.

Reactions: JHB4UK
Kids, he certainly had an offer from UK. No doubt there. Don't hate on the kid for having some fun. It's just part of the rivalry. It's all good fun. I know Kewon is a great kid and he would never mean any harm by any of that. Let's be civil and refrain from 'throwing him to the ground'.

Where has anyone been uncivil? So it's ok for him to poke the UK fanbase but we have to take it because he is a "great kid". STFU.

In other news glad to see you got your woman beater eligible from JUCO. Smack a woman around, take anger management and it all goes away so he can come to UL with a clean slate.

No, he didn't. He had an offer early in the recruiting process, but UK pulled it when he balked at committing. His WR spot was taken and now UK is only looking at defense with their few scholarships remaining.

No, he didn't. He had an offer early in the recruiting process, but UK pulled it when he balked at committing. His WR spot was taken and now UK is only looking at defense with their few scholarships remaining.
Sorry, not buying the "we pulled his offer card". THat gets played way too much. Even if they are focusing on Defense now, you don't pass on a talent like Kewon. You take him and force someone to decommit.

Reactions: adolph rollingover
Sorry, not buying the "we pulled his offer card". THat gets played way too much. Even if they are focusing on Defense now, you don't pass on a talent like Kewon. You take him and force someone to decommit.

Oh my. LOL

1) This kid is a nice WR, not an elite player. If he was, Oregon would have had him a long time ago.
2) Your knee-jerk assertion that a program should simply "force someone[else] to decommit" so they can pick up someone "better" tells me all I need to know about you.

Congratulations, having read some of your previous posts this one almost makes some sense------although your basic premise is about a mile off if you really believe there was any chance at all he could come to UK on a scholarship now.

But no, when you are playing against Transfer U that will take anyone no matter the offense, and that elevates two coaches that can teach them even more about the sordid part of life and all you fans say you don't care, just win baby, then it doesn't go over very well on here. Go crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under.

Reactions: Bigbluetrue
Oh my. LOL

1) This kid is a nice WR, not an elite player. If he was, Oregon would have had him a long time ago.
2) Your knee-jerk assertion that a program should simply "force someone[else] to decommit" so they can pick up someone "better" tells me all I need to know about you.
1) The kid picked The Ville over Oregon and UK. He had his chance to go but chose to stay here at an up and coming program
2) Sorry if you think that reflects on me but you know as well as I do that is the way college football works. Had Randall Cobb come in the fold late, would you have really pulled his offer because you needed defense? I can answer that for you. No, you would take the commitment and deal with the numbers or force someone to look elsewhere. It happens everywhere and you know it. It's just not a big deal. It's part of college football.

Oh my. LOL

I didn't see Petjurino's post about jerking a players offer because a better player comes along before now, just shows what kind of program he follows and what UL fans will put up with. Pretty common there, but then we know what a motley crew jurich has assembled, he is probably still crying over the loss of probably the biggest cheater in the history of recruiting.

Hey gumball....we were done recruiting WR's a long time back.

The 3 spots we have open are for the D side....we haven't even been looking at Wakefield, he was passed over long ago.

1) The kid picked The Ville over Oregon and UK. He had his chance to go but chose to stay here at an up and coming program
2) Sorry if you think that reflects on me but you know as well as I do that is the way college football works. Had Randall Cobb come in the fold late, would you have really pulled his offer because you needed defense? I can answer that for you. No, you would take the commitment and deal with the numbers or force someone to look elsewhere. It happens everywhere and you know it. It's just not a big deal. It's part of college football.

Didn't see an Oregon hat.

I didn't see Petjurino's post about jerking a players offer because a better player comes along before now, just shows what kind of program he follows and what UL fans will put up with. Pretty common there, but then we know what a motley crew jurich has assembled, he is probably still crying over the loss of probably the biggest cheater in the history of recruiting.

Nah, I'd bet he got over the loss of Claude Bassett long ago...

Welcome back "kid", now you are getting into the swing of things, I have always enjoyed your posts, always good for a hearty laugh. No believable information, but always worth at least a chuckle, and I would bet that some of the few intelligent fans UL has that post on here (even though they must not have any morals) cringe when they see you posting on here.

Nah, I'd bet he got over the loss of Claude Bassett long ago...

That has to be some kind of joke doesn't it? Tell me when I am supposed to laugh.

A few renegades and cheaters everywhere, rarely do you see an entire coaching staff like jurich has put together.

In fact I would almost bet it hasn't happened before, although the cheater that paid hurtt seems to have attracted a lot of them also, but then he had $930,000,000 of other people's money to get rid of before he went to prison.

as Freddie Maggard accurately pointed out on twitter, some local media folks tried to chastise Kash Daniels for his unkind remarks/treatment towards UL after committing to UK. Lets see if they will hold a UL guy to the same harsh high standards.

(I'LL SAVE YOU THE WAIT - THEY WON'T)

Good pickup for L'ville. Chose the Cards over Kentucky, Oregon, Green Bay Packers and a one night stand with Beyonce...

What would have been really awkward is if he tried to commit to Kentucky and had to pull and Anthony Johnson, have to re-open his recruitment immediately after putting the UK hat on.

as Freddie Maggard accurately pointed out on twitter, some local media folks tried to chastise Kash Daniels for his unkind remarks/treatment towards UL after committing to UK. Lets see if they will hold a UL guy to the same harsh high standards.

(I'LL SAVE YOU THE WAIT - THEY WON'T)
I look forward to Wakefield meeting Mr. Daniels over the middle or along the sidelines.

Comparing Keion to Cobb is about as stupid as butt sex with a porcupine. Were you born this dumb or did you have to eat paint chips and smoke meth your whole life to get there?

It's been pretty widley known that Wakefield didn't have a committable offer from UK anymore and its been that way for a pretty long time. Every UK recruiting analyst that I've seen has said that. Rowland, Looney, Edwards ect...

Frame this and hang it on the wall, folks. If you ever needed evidence the the psychological damage that little brother syndrome can cause, look no further than this kind of post. A normal, healthy fanbase would be on their own board, celebrating the commitment of a fine WR to their recruiting class. But in little brother world, every actions is filtered through "what does this say about UK?" The very basis of their allegiance to UofL is not a love of the school, but a hatred of something they cannot be. Evidently, their deep-seeded, incurable feeling of personal inferiority is so powerful that they have to convince themselves that their "prize" is only a prize if they took it from their big brother.

That has to be some kind of joke doesn't it? Tell me when I am supposed to laugh.

A few renegades and cheaters everywhere, rarely do you see an entire coaching staff like jurich has put together.

In fact I would almost bet it hasn't happened before, although the cheater that paid hurtt seems to have attracted a lot of them also, but then he had $930,000,000 of other people's money to get rid of before he went to prison.

So the punchline is your comment (as a Kentucky fan) calling Hurtt the biggest cheater in the history of recruiting and, insinuating that Hurtt cheated at Louisville even though you haven't a shred of proof. Meanwhile UK's recruiting coordinator is run out of football for essentially forever for paying players.

so who is the cheater on Louisville's staff?

Reactions: cardsfan53
So the punchline is your comment (as a Kentucky fan) calling Hurtt the biggest cheater in the history of recruiting and, insinuating that Hurtt cheated at Louisville even though you haven't a shred of proof. Meanwhile UK's recruiting coordinator is run out of football for essentially forever for paying players.

so who is the cheater on Louisville's staff?
Petrino did cheat on his wife. If he will cheat on his wife then what else is he capable of cheating at?

ADVERTISEMENT