ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs Xavier Midweek Contest

5-0 bottom of the third. Felker gets a 2 out HBP and McCarthy gets a 3-1 double down the left field line. They just seem to have a lot of confidence tonight.

Stanke gets a two out single scoring McCarthy. McCoy gets a single to put runners on the corners. Then gets thrown out on a delayed steal. Was out by a mile and a half.

Xavier scores two in the top of the 4th on an error by Gilliam, force out at 2nd, double, ground out scoring one and then a double scoring another. 6-2

Gray gets an infield single to 1st, and then gets a 2nd base on a throwing error. Burkes gets a single to center to score Gray. 7-2

Nove comes in and pitches his inning well. Giles before him both faced the minimum batters in their inning. Bottom of the 6th and Grant Smith smacks a single to center, gets 2nd on a botched pickoff attempt, gets 3rd on a sac fly by Gray. Burkes catches one between the shoulder blades. Pitre singles to center and he center fielder lets the ball bound off his glove all the way to the fence. We get two runs. GIllliam gets Pitre home on a sac fly.
Felker gets two hit with no one on and strikes out. 10-2 Cats.

Seth Logue comes in to pitch the 7th and gets an out and then walks the next. Logue can't throw strikes. Gets a line out to McCarthy and then gives up a single to right. Finally gets a ground out to Felker at 3rd. Logue was the most vulnerable pitcher we've had so far. What has happened to his confidence? He came in as a freshman and seemed to have some promise but the last two years have been pretty tough on him.

Giles is a guy l like watching pitch. Bulldog. Confident.

Was put in a tough spot Vs LSU - battled and came through.

Going to make it to a game. Got Dugout 1 GA txs. Are those chair backs on the first base side and first come?

McCarthy walks, wild pitched to 2nd, Stanke got plunked. So McCoy gets a chance at some RBI's but strikes out again. McCarthy gets to third in the at bat. Grant Smith singles but tries to stretch it and gets thrown out. Gray up with Stanke on 3rd and two outs. Gray walks and runs the pitcher off. Burkes up with two outs and two on. Doug Flynn is right. This team doesn't just put a game in cruise control with a lead. They continue to push.

Burkes gets called out on a checked swing. Could have gone.

Frieda coming in to pitch the 8th, gets a ground out to Smith who makes a nice barehanded catch and throw, walks the next batter. The Cats then turn another 5-4-3 double play. Amazing how quickly this infield solidified into a very good defensive infield.

Pitre walks. GIlliiam then walks it off with a no doubt home run 13-2

Red most of the premium members have moved to the House of Blue. That’s why not as many posters on this board during the game,
Well, it is out of my budget right now. Is there a lot of baseball discussion there?

Seth Logue comes in to pitch the 7th and gets an out and then walks the next. Logue can't throw strikes. Gets a line out to McCarthy and then gives up a single to right. Finally gets a ground out to Felker at 3rd. Logue was the most vulnerable pitcher we've had so far. What has happened to his confidence? He came in as a freshman and seemed to have some promise but the last two years have been pretty tough on him.
Logue threw 3 scoreless vs LSU this weekend and looked really good. It seems like he may have earned some more chances out of the pen.

Well, it is out of my budget right now. Is there a lot of baseball discussion there?
It’s really taken off since the Cats are winning. It’s one big long thread for the whole season. I’m still going to post in both locations. I rarely post during the game.

It’s really taken off since the Cats are winning. It’s one big long thread for the whole season. I’m still going to post in both locations. I rarely post during the game.
When you have little ones around the house, you have to watch on your phone. That’s my problem during games. If I don’t get to go then I have to watch on either my phone or (if my daughter allows) the iPad.

Reactions: dtjr and Crazycat68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT